What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Ibknute
    Ibknute Posts: 43 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Removed the seat belt extender from my car! (It's still technically in the car just no longer attached) I probably could have done this 2-3 weeks ago but just didn't think about it until I went to lunch today. It's amazing how we get so used to what we have been doing that we often don't even think about trying to do things differently. Even with my semi-bulky winter coat (which is becoming too big) on I was able to get the seat belt buckled and still have some slack. Now I don't have to remember to take the extender out whenever my wife is going to drive the car or to put it back in place after as she did not like driving with the extender in place. I can just get in, buckle up, and go on my merry old way! Next up is eliminating the seat belt extender when flying. I flew home this past Monday night (landing in Chicago during the snow) and am within a couple inches or so of achieving this goal. Previously I needed at least 4-5 inches of the belt extender in order to be compliant with the lighted "Fasten your seatbelt" sign. I fly again the beginning of February so hopefully I can complete this goal by then. Once this is accomplished I can start sitting in the emergency exit rows and get a bit more leg room as they won't let you sit in those seats if using a seat belt extender.
  • bmj2015
    bmj2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    After a fairly sedentary holiday season, today I hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, went snorkeling for an hour straight (holy crap that was exhausting!) and then did about 30 minutes of yoga on my own. Felt good to be very active again finally!
  • Ja_ja_jakeya
    Ja_ja_jakeya Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bought my maid of honor dress for my sister's wedding and I'm in a size 10!! I haven't been that size since high school :) Hopefully by the wedding (in July) I'll have to get it taken in!
  • kaylacollinscna
    kaylacollinscna Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I went pants shopping today, which was desperately needed since my jeans were falling off of me. Most of the ones I bought were size 14! I don't even remember the last time I wore a 14! All throughout middle and high school I was a 16-20.
  • qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Total beginner's NSV, but I went to a dinner party and chose the healthiest options I could. Whilst everyone was eating delicious, rich meats and high fat/creamy salads, I stuck with two small rissoles and a salad. I even went to the gym for a bit longer to burn off the few calories I gained from french dip and crackers.

Boyfriend is also coming home from work (pizza shop) and asked if I want anything. I passed. Yay. :D
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :# it's amazing waking up to all this post! congratulations, it makes feel like i'm not alone in this (*)
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I so love reading these! So much inspiration! I've been a bit of a slacker recently, so no scale movement the correct direction, but i did run into someone that I hadn't seen in over a year and she was amazed at how I looked, so that was a nice feeling. Reading these makes me want to quit the sweets that I've been snacking on too much and get back on track! Keep it up everyone!
  • PlantBasedforLifeFOK
    Options
    I've been wearing my wedding band alone due to my fingers being so chubby. I was able to get my engagement ring on and wear it all day comfortably! Hopefully, I will be in the "rings falling off" club one day!
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Lost nearly two inches each around my hips and waist this month. Just measured this morning and feel awesome about it!
  • cnekniher
    cnekniher Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Was watching Netflix in bed last night before I went to bed. After spending the night in and relaxing, I was planning on watching an episode and going to bed early. The ENTIRE time my body was yelling at me to eat a cookie that was sitting in the kitchen downstairs. And I thought, sure it's only 150 calories but do I NEED it? And guess who didn't eat that cookie. Small victory, but powerful
  • Monetp60
    Monetp60 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Here's my NSV. I've been sick this weekend with a cold. Typically when I am sick I use it as an excuse to snack and veg all day with no portion control/ logging. However this time I made a conscious effort to log everything that I ate or drank. I stayed within my calories and took a bubble bath then went to bed!
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    LBeth1015 wrote: »
    So maybe not as big of a deal as some....but no more plus sizes for me and 4 lbs from Onederland where I have not been since probably freshman year of high school.

Are you kidding? That is huge! Good job.
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my husband hugged me and said, I can feel that you've lost weight!

My 3-year-old was trying to stretch and do a workout DVD with me. I felt great knowing that I'm setting a good example for my kids.

That is awesome. I wish that I had started that young.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    weight is coming off so slowly so I updated my measurements.
    Except for neck-all other measurements are DOWN! Yay!
  • Indie4774
    Indie4774 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did an RPM class this morning and hit 126RPM and held it for the duration of the sprint. Last week was only able to get about 115 but this past week I resolved to drink less, calorie count and sleep more. It seems to be paying dividends so I am pretty pleased :)
  • AlMonkey
    AlMonkey Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I was able to do my workout DVD without doing the modified moves tonight. also was able to somewhat gracefully walk my hands back from downwards dog to be able to stand back up
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I worked out at the gym 5 times this week, and even tried a new yoga class.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I bought pants large 12-14 large and they were too big, could wear the 8-10 medium, still have a hard time believing I am smaller.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I fit into a pair of work pants that I haven't been able to wear in a year for the first time yesterday!
  • sdwdickson
    sdwdickson Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My daughter had a birthday party this weekend so we have had pizza and cupcakes in the house all for 2 days, I have been able to stay within my calories and not eat any of it, not even tempted by them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!