2015 Adopt a Noob Official MFP Thread

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    @Olivia-how do we change our status as having our noob quotient filled?

I messaged her personally and she changed my original post for me.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,546 Member
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    @Olivia-how do we change our status as having our noob quotient filled?

I messaged her personally and she changed my original post for me.
    Thanks, I will do that too.

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Lol, I'm on the list twice. xD
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    I could use a mentor. I'm almost 35 and a stay at home mom to four (well two go to school). I just started counting calories, trying to eat healthier, and exercising on Jan 1st. I have an optimistic goal of being 52 lbs lighter next Jan 1st. I ultimately need to lose 80 lbs. This is the longest I've ever been on a "diet" in years, usually I give up after a few days. I'm hopeful that I'm invested in this finally and would love some support, encouragement, and suggestions from those who have lost weight or understand how hard it can be to eat healthy and exercise when you're worn out from raising small children. Thanks! :)
  • foxlme
    foxlme Posts: 57 Member
    I would love to be a mentor! I signed up with MFP when I was pregnant with my second son and logged faithfully every day for over a year. I lost all my baby weight (about 35 pounds) and took a month off from logging. Now I'm right back in logging every day trying to lose the last bit to hit my goal weight. I also work out pretty regularly. I'm a working mom with a full family at home- working husband, and two sons, ages 7 and 20 months.
  • I could really use a mentor if anyone would be willing to help me out! I am a college student currently and all my life I have had the struggle with weight and going on and off unhealthy diets and habits. I am 19 years old and I really just want to be happy and healthy; I have always been an emotional and board eater my whole life and I have been trying really hard to stop this bad habit. I really lack motivation to go and work out after work and classes all day or not eat pizza and food I know I shouldn’t eat when people offer it. It has also been hard because growing up my parents never made heathy food, so learning to cook healthy things and what to get is always a real struggle for me. I really hope someone can take the time out of their busy schedule to be my mentor.
  • davisk16
    davisk16 Posts: 12 Member
    Not sure if I'm on a mentor list.
  • nlehe
    nlehe Posts: 10 Member
    I'd LOVE to mentor! I'm a "stay at home" (I hate that term...I'm never home except for naptime!) mom of 3 young children who recently lost 25 lbs (5 to go!) with MFP, my Misfit Flash, and exercise...mostly circuits, HIIT, kickboxing, and spinning. I'd love to help other busy moms who need to lose the baby weight, or just ANY weight! I love helping people on this journey!
  • davisk16
    davisk16 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm a person with some rheumatoid illnesses. I know that If 8 lose weight it will help.my health significantly. I'm looking for some who can encourage this noob.
  • You're not a stay at home mom, you work at home.
  • Ragdoll_7
    Ragdoll_7 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm looking to be adopted! I am on my first day of tracking my food intake and could use the support. I lost 20 pounds by tracking my food intake and exercising regularly in 2011-2012. :) However, after injuring my back in a car accident, I was not able to workout for a year and a half and I gained those 20 pounds back. I am sick of carrying around the extra weight and I am excited to get back into the gym. I am a happier person when I am active. I want to lose 20-25 pounds before my wedding in July! (Or better yet, by May for my dress fitting).

Looking for a mentor to help motivate me and keep me on track!

I am a:
    30 yo female
    Starting weight: 165
    Goal weight: 143
  • I am looking for a mentor to help guide me on this long journey of weight loss. I can so use the help in the support
  • Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 307 MFP Moderator
    List has been updated! Thanks again to all of our amazing volunteers!
  • Hi, I'm new to MFP and would like to be adopted but some experienced guru.. A bit about me - I'm 40 y.o. female who's into CrossFit and healthy eating. I cook at home from scratch, I know a bit about nutrition - what's good what's bad.. but nevertheless I still struggle with my weight : in 2010 I lost 30 lbs in three months with HCG and was 133 lbs, which was perfect but now - 5 years later - I got it all back.
    For the past 2.5 years I have been pretty active - I did KravMaga/boxing training for a year, and last year and a half - I did CrossFit 3-4 times a week.. but I'm still struggling with my weight and I can't explain why.. I think partially because I overeat or maybe I'm starving and my body is holding on to what it can to sustain the damage after XFit session.. I've no idea - hence I joined MFP.. Please help me if you know how?
  • @daffodilsoup‌ I can't message you privately (my phone is acting up at the moment.) I was interested in possibly working with you! ^_^ I'm a vegetarian who's looking to loose some weight. Hopefully you see this. And hopefully after restarting my phone I'll be able to PM you.
    Thanks!
  • jdbrrw
    jdbrrw Posts: 16 Member
    I would love to have a mentor. I joined MFP in November and have lost about 10 lbs so far. I'm starting back at college next week and will be working too...so I definitely need someone who has tips for scheduling as far as meal planning and exercising goes. I recently discovered a love of cooking and would love to exchange some recipes. I'm a "recovering picky eater" in that I have realized I actually like a lot of things I always assumed I wouldn't. I'm a trans guy so a queer-friendly mentor would be amazing.
  • kristynicole4
    kristynicole4 Posts: 40 Member
    I also am pretty good with my own workouts in the gym... but avoiding late night snacking and wine is where I fall short (haha). It would be nice to have an official point of contact to hold me accountable. I'm a 25F teacher from Canada. Je parle francais eh!
  • gr8tfulm
    gr8tfulm Posts: 10 Member
    Hi there are you still looking for some assistance or have you been helped yet?
    Please let me know is be happy to help anyway I can :-)
    Marianne
  • gr8tfulm
    gr8tfulm Posts: 10 Member
    How is all the newbies doing? We are here if anyone needs help!!! We all started here too.
    Marianne

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    gr8tfulm wrote: »
    Hi there are you still looking for some assistance or have you been helped yet?
    Please let me know is be happy to help anyway I can :-)
    Marianne

1. You have made 5 posts. I think you may still be new.

2. There is a process to match up noobs and mentors. If you'd like your name added to the "willing to help" mentor list, make a post letting them know and a mod will add your name to the list on page 1. If you are looking for a mentor, check the list on page 1 and read through this thread to find someone you think would be a good fit and send them a PM.
This discussion has been closed.