Thinking of "starting today"? You might want to check this out - pics inside!

Options

Replies

• ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll take looking younger. :-)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Rock on! I hope your 5K went great!
  • LDayz123
    Options
    Wow! Great job! I started yesterday and will remember your "no excuses".
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    debrini71 wrote: »
    Your story is fantastic and a great source of motivation and inspiration.

Your whole attitude has rubbed off on me and I have adopted your stunningly true statement, "I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today."

I quit smoking an little over an hour ago - posted on Fitness and Exercise.

You should trademark that statement. Best thing I ever read on here.

Thank you so much, and congratulations on your own success.

I agree. I shared your statement on Facebook and also with my boss who loves inspirational quotes. She put it on her bulletin board. It's a great line.

And that's a great picture of you and your lovely wife! Thank you for adding it-- it adds to your story.
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You really look amazing!
  • bonniecjr
    Options
    Truly inspiring. Thank you
  • bonniecjr
    Options
    Btw you look great!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing achievement. Very inspirational and encouraging. Well done.
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Curious about those who were just starting - how are you doing? A few people seem to be doing well according to my "news feed" but wanted to see how others are doing?

For me, that roughly 2-week mark was always a big red danger zone. Happy to help anyone I can. In meetings all day today but will check back in tonight.

Hope many of you have been able to get some momentum going!
  • yasudarshan
    yasudarshan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thanks for the inspiring photos. They do help!
  • ewhip17
    Options
    thanks for the inspiring photos. They do help!

Happy to hear that. Thanks!

• OlgaGetsFit
    OlgaGetsFit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I spent 13 years starting tomorrow. Thank you for sharing your story.
  • Nitenurse84
    Nitenurse84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration!!
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    One more "progression" pic that I forgot to post...

zy5ucmal9edn.jpg

You are a very handsome man!!!! Well done on your amazing weight loss. Incredible!!! I started on 1st Jan 2015. I've gained weight slowly over the last few years and got a shock when my BMI put me in the 'obese' category. I have 41lbs to lose to be healthy and slim (55lbs if I want to go for 'hot' and get down to the weight I was when I met my hubby). I'm down by 9.5lbs so far and am 3 weeks in. This is round about the stage when I cave....but stories like yours are helping me to stay strong. So, thank you.
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Thank you - very nice of you to say.
    Congratulations on what you've accomplished so far. It's something to be proud of. Someone posted on here recently that they were losing 1lb... but just doing that 100 times (I'm paraphrasing poorly) and I thought that was a really great way of looking at it. It was a similar outlook that helped me get through that "danger zone" where I'd given up in the past.
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! That's a good way of looking at it. I'm very lucky that my husband is being 100% supportive. He's even giving up booze from January 1st to Valentines Day to support me as I thought doing a no alcohol challenge would kick start the weight loss (and it has!!!). You said that your wife was an amazing support too. By the way, I love that photo of you both - such a very lovely couple!
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Thanks! And she has been amazing......
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Great pics, and story. You are so right, I've spent so much time not doing what I should because I was going to start tomorrow, next week, on monday...whatever. You are inspiring! Great job!
  • ewhip17
    Options
    yep - LOTS of "starting Monday's" in my past too.... :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!