20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My menu for today 1/16/15
    Breakfast....1/2 c of egg. beaters scramble, 1 slice of white whole grain sara lee bread..1/2 c of diced tomatoes. 1 pat of butter coffee with Creamer and spenda But will work on that later.
    . [ yes I know I need to give it up]
    Lunch....Water....3/4 cup cottage 1 slice cheese1/4 c of nuts 1/2 half of a personal size watermelon very good Water
    snacks water 1/4 of personel size watermelon 1/8 c nuts. 1.2 c cottage cheese water
    Dinner WaterNow the good part Cheesebugrer with lettuce tomatoes onions pickles mustard. and bun some Roasted califlower Water
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.2 lbs when I weighed today, so total 4.6 lb loss, 50 lbs lost total since end of last February. After complaining about scale not moving for almost 3 weeks, this week it has finally started coming back off.In other words hang in there and continue to stick with your plan and the weight will eventually come off. I did cut back on my calories also, I went from 1440 to 1330, I figured I needed to change it up alittle. Good luck everyone. Stay motivated Easter will be here before you know it.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    great lost Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options

Connie - I can't remember if I read The Thin Commandments but I did read
    Sugar, Salt and Fat and how the corporations are poisoning us with chemicals in processed food. That really opened my eyes.

[/quote]
    Shirley we had a discussion on it on the topic on The Golden Sneakers Just for today. But I do not know that I learn anything I know I got the book on my Kindle.marie

• elaine8505
    elaine8505 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    New to MFP since Jan 1st...but found this great group right away.
    SW 203.8
    CW 198.7
    GW 147
    Finding it easier this time by doing Sunday meal prep for the week. Love overnight oats in a jar for a quick breakfast!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Thank you Marie.
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.2 lbs when I weighed today, so total 4.6 lb loss, 50 lbs lost total since end of last February. After complaining about scale not moving for almost 3 weeks, this week it has finally started coming back off.In other words hang in there and continue to stick with your plan and the weight will eventually come off. I did cut back on my calories also, I went from 1440 to 1330, I figured I needed to change it up alittle. Good luck everyone. Stay motivated Easter will be here before you know it.[/quot

50lb total loss is a fantastic achievement Janice well done you.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    Options
    No way I would have a donut for breakfast...that would have a domino effect on me...I would just continue eating them. Who eats just one?

:D Connie, little by little through experience I have eliminated foods from my eating plan. If a food has no serious nutrition, I don't eat it and if I can't be moderate with it, I don't eat it at all. There are a few foods that I eat only at a chosen special occasion.

:D Marie and Shirley, I go back to "The Thin Commandments Diet" for a refresher from time to time and reread the parts that I found useful.

<3 Barbie

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and am looking to find a group to join. Enjoyed looking at your posts but not sure how to get involved with a group.
    I am 70 y/o wanting to lose 25-30 pounds.
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    hello Evegirl welcome to MFP and welcome to our thread.Glad you join in with us. You will find us a very friendly bunch. The more you post the more friends you will have. you are involved here with the best there is,We are Very new with this thread.And hope it will be an on going thread. hope to see lots more of you. <3 Marie
    733895zl8k1fkhwd.gif
  • Mishitashin
    Options
    What is the "thin commandments?" Interested'
  • Mishitashin
    Options
    elaine8505 wrote: »
    New to MFP since Jan 1st...but found this great group right away.
    SW 203.8
    CW 198.7
    GW 147
    Finding it easier this time by doing Sunday meal prep for the week. Love overnight oats in a jar for a quick breakfast!

What's overnight oats in jar?
  • Mishitashin
    Options
    I'm on a 2 day streak of getting my 10000 steps done! Since I don't have time or money for a gym I am getting creative. I walked 3,000 steps just by parking far in parking lots running errands and then another 2,000-3,000 can be done just by walking in place during dishes and cleaning the house :) I joined the late night snacks group to help me there! I was 195 last week and my goal is to lose 2.5 pounds per week.
  • jkslater3
    Options
    Join the Eastern Orthodox Church and you'll get an extra week to meet your goal! Just sayin' ;)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I'm on a 2 day streak of getting my 10000 steps done! Since I don't have time or money for a gym I am getting creative. I walked 3,000 steps just by parking far in parking lots running errands and then another 2,000-3,000 can be done just by walking in place during dishes and cleaning the house :) I joined the late night snacks group to help me there! I was 195 last week and my goal is to lose 2.5 pounds per week.

Welcome to our thread. Congrats on the 10,000 steps.This tread is really swell. Such nice ladies an All so friendly.make this an enjoyable jouney. We will help.
    <3 Marie
    733895zl8k1fkhwd.gif

• ldavislamer
    Options
    I am starting a little late but would love to join the challenge. I just joined MFP am doing well a few days in. I have successfully lost weight in the past using a similar forum. I recently quit smoking and gained back 20 lbs. I am now over the hump and ready to get the weight off. My current weight is 166 and I would love to be under 150...140 would be fantastic!
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    :neutral_face:

• Mishitashin
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »

Welcome to our thread. Congrats on the 10,000 steps.This tread is really swell. Such nice ladies an All so friendly.make this an enjoyable jouney. We will help.
    <3 Marie
    733895zl8k1fkhwd.gif

Thanks CalieCat!
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    2lbs down!!!

I started the challenge at 202lbs now I'm 200!!

I love to break into the 100s by next week!! Watch this space my friends :-)
  • Mishitashin
    Options
    eatless83 wrote: »
    2lbs down!!!

I started the challenge at 202lbs now I'm 200!!

I love to break into the 100s by next week!! Watch this space my friends :-)

WOW! That is FABULOUS!! Great job and thanks for sharing. So encouraging!