20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• TeresaGoal145lbs
    TeresaGoal145lbs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Goal is to lose 20 lbs this next year, and by Easter want to lose 15.
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I found my go to snack. Jicama! It's crunchy and a little sweet and it's only 49 calories for a whole cup.

So what's your healthy pleasure?
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :)

Well done on the losses, 3lbs is a great loss!

I have had another great day food wise today, I'm just having a cup of tea (haha typical brit drinking tea :stuck_out_tongue: ) before I go up to bed. I did'nt manage any exercise today apart from walking to school and back this morning and afternoon, so I've walked around 2.5miles in total.
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »
    I found my go to snack. Jicama! It's crunchy and a little sweet and it's only 49 calories for a whole cup.

I just had to google Jicama :blush: I have never seen one before, I am not sure we can get them here :( I was getting excited about a new thing to try too!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Goal is to lose 20 lbs this next year, and by Easter want to lose 15. [/quote15 lbs. is a lot. maybe you will reach the 20 lbs. too. good luck.Teresa
    <3 Marie welcome to tis bunch.
  • emmawoodchuck
    emmawoodchuck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well done mc! And everyone else!

Marie- maybe you are feeling less bloated just from eating better? Sometimes the scales suddenly drop and you'll get a good loss- stick at it! You can do it.
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »

Sunny....I tried jicama once and was not as tasty as I like things. maybe I will try them again.
    Marie

• CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well done mc! And everyone else!

Marie- maybe you are feeling less bloated just from eating better? Sometimes the scales suddenly drop and you'll get a good loss- stick at it! You can do it.

Emma I have ever intention of following this challenge and beyond I know I am a slow loser These
    bumps in the road are hard to take tho.As most of you know.

Marie

• lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    ooooo ...... im in ! weigh 192 atm, 172 by easter ! bring it on !
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Love the motivation here, Marie so glad you started this thread.

I am on Day 2 of South Beach, I must say last night was hard watching TV and wanting to eat.
    I did have a tangerine and I think I will do that instead of Ricotta cheese as a dessert.
    I did better today and each day will improve. The scale was down today :D

I weigh and measure my portions and have been doing that for years ever since WW.
    Its hard when you go out and try to eye ball it.

I never had Jicama but it sounds interesting. What's in it? One thing I can say about MFP you always learn something new.

• jasonweremy2012
    jasonweremy2012 Posts: 16 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I read many pages of this thread. I have been here for just over 3 months tracking my weight, losing, gaining weight(thanks Christmas). I'm on day 92 I think and I was looking at getting into Fitbit. I'm use to doing exercising and weighing, counting calories. The only thing is that when it comes to exercising it's harder to count. I'm into yoga and cycling but since that winter is here and it's cold, it's hard to get out and cycle. Yoga I've never been able to count calories on my own with that, just putting the time in how long I went for. My roommate has gotten back on eating healthy and what not. Since that I motivate myself(most times) I hope that I can help her too. There are times that I find it hard to exercise and I think that with this thread and the group of people that are in it can really help. I average between .5 and 1.5 pounds loss a week. I was down to 211 at Christmas and I think I am at 214 now. We have a spare room and I was talking to my roommate about using that as a workout room, doing workout videos, yoga. It's something that can keep us going in the dead of winter when it's -40C. I think that this challenge that is presented is a great one. I am going to have a talk with my roommate and see if her and I can go shopping for a Fitbit and link it up to our MFP. I know it's possible for me to meet this challenge being on 2000 calories a day. Even at 1 pound to 1.5 a week going downward, I should be able to do it by Easter. I guess I should look to see when Easter is.

I was wondering though. If I am doing running, walking in one position without actually moving steps, will the Fitbit count it? Something as doing jumping jacks? Jump rope? There is so much information out there with all these pedometers, it's hard to keep track. I also don't have internet on my phone, just through Wifi. Is there a Fitbit that can still keep track of everything, even where I am since that I don't have actual internet on my phone? I don't think that Wifi going in and out of signal is going to help. Sorry for the long read.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    lotty1987 wrote: »
    ooooo ...... im in ! weigh 192 atm, 172 by easter ! bring it on !

Yes bring it on We can do it. together we can be strong.
    Very welcome to our bunch. Glad to meet you Dotty
    <3 Marie

939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley welcome back to your SBD, you are on your way.
    <3<3 Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    it is interesting to see what diet plan you are all following. Did you get the new version of the plan. Shirley.
    marie.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Jason Sorry I can't answer any of your question. I just got my fit bit and it is still in the box waiting on my daughter to come out to get me set up for me. But sure their is someone that can help you here. Their are treads on fix bit you can join. I touht about looking into it Once aI get all set up.
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

To our goup Glad you join us.
    marie
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »

I never had Jicama but it sounds interesting. What's in it? One thing I can say about MFP you always learn something new.

Hi Shirley

Jicama is a root vegetable it is considered a Mexican yam. I eat it raw. I don't know if people cook with it. I will look that up.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Mind if I join too? I need some accountabilty. My ski pants are snug :) 13 weeks left until easter? I'll shoot for 10lbs. Ive never done this before. I've used MFP for years but never post in the forum.

CW 171 (ugh! I've gained 12 lbs from traveling and holidays over the last 6m)
    GW: 161 (for the challenge)
    Ultimate GW: 150 (this is still prob high for my height but I'm fit and active and trying to be realistic)

I think I miss you somehow. kMB Oh you will like this group. Welcome post often to get to know us and we in turn get to know you. Glad to meet you939425cdiy8p6frc.gifsee 'ya
    Marie

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :D I have an Omron pedometer that connects to my computer with a USB cord and has software so I can keep track of my steps and compare my results with the past. It doesn't count steps if I walk too slowly but I've been using it for several years and it motivates me to walk more. I set a goal for myself each day and if I don't have enough steps by bedtime, I walk back and forth in my house until I have enough steps.

<3 this is a great thread to get motivated and stay that way one day at a time.

950031uf6l9pd3ly.gifBarbie
  • needstobefit15
    needstobefit15 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in.im hoping to lose more then 20 pounds by Easter.I wanna prove my family I can do it.started last Friday its my third time trying to lose weight.

SW-187lbs
    GW-118-120lbs
  • jasonweremy2012
    jasonweremy2012 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So is everyone going to be a group together and we can challenge each other through using fitbit?