20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Connie, I just copy your Sunday and Monday dairy hope you don't mind. I will study them real good to get a better understanding of this program. But I do have one questions. I notice your calories are rather high for me however my diabetic doctor told me to eat 1600 calories a day. but you get extra calories from your exercise.

But I thought it was way high for me and never did do it.. since I don't do any exercise and my age. So maybe I should. I am so glad we do not have to count calories. And I am so glad you found us. . I do not know where I ran across 1-1-1- way of life. I did get my fit bit this morning. Alice is going to try to walk me thru it if not She will be out this weekend and set it up/
    marie

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Connie, I just copy your Sunday and Monday dairy hope you don't mind. I will study them real good to get a better understanding of this program. But I do have one questions. I notice your calories are rather high for me however my diabetic doctor told me to eat 1600 calories a day. but you get extra calories from your exercise.

But I thought it was way high for me and never did do it.. since I don't do any exercise and my age. So maybe I should. I am so glad we do not have to count calories. And I am so glad you found us. . I do not know where I ran across 1-1-1- way of life. I did get my fit bit this morning. Alice is going to try to walk me thru it if not She will be out this weekend and set it up/
    marie

That's fine, and I'm glad to be of help. Today I did not get a carb on the morning snack because I got home when it was almost time for lunch. So I had a protein drink and almonds as I cooked lunch. Also, I have cut out the evening carb.

When I need to munch, I eat the Planters nuts and I don't eat them with a protein or carb...probably shouldn't eat them at all.
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Marie.. You're gonna love the Fitbit!
    Connie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,955 Member
    Options
    :D One thing I learned that has been really useful is to eat as many "real" foods as possible and stay away from packaged and boxed stuff.....baked chicken rather than deli meats....whole grain bread or brown rice instead of chips....and to weigh and measure food and put it in the MFP food diary to see the nutrients, calories, and sodium

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • ThinWithGreatSkin
    ThinWithGreatSkin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm down ladies n gents add me I need people malready motivated or getting there lets do this! :)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Alice inform me to leave the fit bit along for she did not want to undo things I mess up.

Who me mess up.
  • Mistydl2012
    Mistydl2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if I could join u guys I started my weight loss on Dec 1st and the end of our group competition is April 1st but though it would be fun to have people on mar to talk to and get advice from. My starting weight was 186.6 my CW is 175 my goal weight is 155 I am currently down 11.4 lbs.

• CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm down ladies n gents add me I need people malready motivated or getting there lets do this! :)

welcome to our group of hopefuls
    Yes we can do this. Lets do this. together we can

• CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I was wondering if I could join u guys I started my weight loss on Dec 1st and the end of our group competition is April 1st but though it would be fun to have people on mar to talk to and get advice from. My starting weight was 186.6 my CW is 175 my goal weight is 155 I am currently down 11.4 lbs.

Sure you can join us. . glad to have you Welcome to our thread You got a wonderful start.
    Marie

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,346 Member
    Options
    Barbie's absolutely right. I did exactly that and dropped 60 pounds eight years ago. I've kept it off for the most part, but I have had a hard time toward the end of 2014 and put 10 back on. Down one this morning, so I have nine to get rid of now. I am back to watching my portions and getting my exercises and steps in.

Today was a really good day!

Chris
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I want to join all of you. Simply reading your posts makes me smile... you are all so friendly and motivational! I have been on this journey for several years, using MFP off and on for about 3 years (I think). I just started again on my healthy eating journey, hoping and praying this is it.... that I will gain control of my emotional eating.
    SW (on 1/2/15): 184.7
    CW (on 1/5/15): 183.3 - after today, my weigh-ins will be on Fridays
    GW: (on 4/3/15): 160 - this is actually 24 lb loss
    (Ultimate GW (on 7/3/15): 135 - 140
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :D One thing I learned that has been really useful is to eat as many "real" foods as possible and stay away from packaged and boxed stuff.....baked chicken rather than deli meats....whole grain bread or brown rice instead of chips....and to weigh and measure food and put it in the MFP food diary to see the nutrients, calories, and sodium

Hi Barbie..... I live in Eastern WA (but prefer to say I am from Montana).
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

Barbie.. It took me a while to realize that, too. Real, whole food is filling and while weighing and measuring is a pain sometimes, that's the only way to be sure what is going in your mouth. Tracking is something I will have to do forever. I took a break for 6 months from June till December thinking I could manage without it..hah.. put on 8 pounds during that hiatus. Lesson learned.
    Connie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, everyone!
    No gym today, but I am getting ready to do a exercise DVD.
    I am down .6 today and will take it! Moving in the right direction is what matters.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, productive, and mindful day!
    Connie

• CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I want to join all of you. Simply reading your posts makes me smile... you are all so friendly and motivational! I have been on this journey for several years, using MFP off and on for about 3 years (I think). I just started again on my healthy eating journey, hoping and praying this is it.... that I will gain control of my emotional eating.

welcome to our group Montana Girl very welcome indeed. I though I was eating well on a healthy way of life. But after reading the post from Connie and Barbie I am way off base. I have been eating lots of canned goods for they are so easy to prepare Where I need to eat more frozen and fresh foods. and lean meats.But still a lot better than I used to.
    Barbie told a story and wish she would tell it all over again. She was measuring out her allotted homemade apple sauce she had made and there was a tiny bit left in the jar and debated on eating it or not. She chose to not to eat the excess. Now me I would have ate it and not counted it. remember Barbie? now that is dedication.
    Me being a congestive heart failure do not need all that sodium and my feet are swollen this morning. My weight is staying the same but not losing like I should.

Chris another good example We got to eat healthy to lose this weight. That seems to be step # 1 Thank you all for your helpful information

Scatter kindness
    Marie

• gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Just got caught up on all the posts from yesterday...such motivation and support!
    Running late this morning...so will check back in this evening. Be strong!
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »

welcome to our group Montana Girl very welcome indeed. I though I was eating well on a healthy way of life. But after reading the post from Connie and Barbie I am way off base. I have been eating lots of canned goods for they are so easy to prepare Where I need to eat more frozen and fresh foods. and lean meats.But still a lot better than I used to.
    Barbie told a story and wish she would tell it all over again. She was measuring out her allotted homemade apple sauce she had made and there was a tiny bit left in the jar and debated on eating it or not. She chose to not to eat the excess. Now me I would have ate it and not counted it. remember Barbie? now that is dedication.
    Me being a congestive heart failure do not need all that sodium and my feet are swollen this morning. My weight is staying the same but not losing like I should.

Chris another good example We got to eat healthy to lose this weight. That seems to be step # 1 Thank you all for your helpful information

Scatter kindness
    Marie

Marie, I would have eaten the excess, too. Just like I licked the knife this morning after I measured out a tablespoon of peanut butter. I really wanted to dip it in the jar again! I also wanted another bagel this morning, but somehow managed not to eat it.

I tell ya, it is hard EVERY SINGLE day! I'm one cracker/cookie or whatever away from an all out binge. .if I don't stay upbeat and pumped (posting here helps a lot) I will fall off in a heartbeat. Thanks for keeping it real. Every day we eat healthy is better than a day we don't.

One day at a time.

Try to drink more water today, Marie. The swelling will go down.
    Get the veggies in a bag that are in the fresh veggie section at the store. You punch holes in the bag, put in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, and they are perfectly steamed. You add your own seasoning. I just spray a little I Cant Believe It's Not Butter and ground black pepper on mine.

We can do this!

Connie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    just read this in my book. store your serving in a small snack bag which we all know but this take it a step further By storing in the small snack bags You " get the satisfying feeling of eating it all gone" do anyone relate to this?
    marie
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Well today is my weigh in day since I started last Tue. I am happy to report I still weigh 181 because of New Year and being out celebrating my mom's birthday all day on Jan 3 put me way over my calories.

I just want to say you all are awsome. I love coming here to read your post. Have an awsome day!
  • KMBrennan03
    Options
    Mind if I join too? I need some accountabilty. My ski pants are snug :) 13 weeks left until easter? I'll shoot for 10lbs. Ive never done this before. I've used MFP for years but never post in the forum.

CW 171 (ugh! I've gained 12 lbs from traveling and holidays over the last 6m)
    GW: 161 (for the challenge)
    Ultimate GW: 150 (this is still prob high for my height but I'm fit and active and trying to be realistic)