Say "NO" to GMO!

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    miriamtob wrote: »
    Are you kidding?! It is GMO and barely resembles "the staff of life" the wheat we knew in biblical times.

biblical times. oh.

well then
  • KMCbluestar
    KMCbluestar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to start anything up, this was just my opinion, don't want to upset people.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    Far as I'm concern even with the GMO... We still aren't feeding everyone. People are still starving.
    That's probably more based on political issues. When a government can keep people starving and be the ones to hand out the food, they stay in control.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• DavPul
    Options
    No GMO's aren't good for us and have been proven. There has been testing on rats and the rat that only ate GMO foods ended suffering from a big tumour. Watched a documentary. Yes GMO's feeds more people but we are feeding people not the healthiest foods. It's my opinion that eating organic non GMO foods are better because GMO isn't natural.

so not only have you clearly not learned anything about GMOs today, you also haven't been able to follow the comments on your own thread that clearly and concisely prove your statement false?
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    No GMO's aren't good for us and have been proven. There has been testing on rats and the rat that only ate GMO foods ended suffering from a big tumour. Watched a documentary. Yes GMO's feeds more people but we are feeding people not the healthiest foods. It's my opinion that eating organic non GMO foods are better because GMO isn't natural.

I don't know whether you already knew this...
    But rats aren't people.
  • DavPul
    Options
    Far as I'm concern even with the GMO... We still aren't feeding everyone. People are still starving.

and your preference would be to starve even more people?

plus you believe that the people that are being fed would prefer to starve to death if they can't get organic food?
  • KMCbluestar
    Options
    Umm ok.. Well this is my opinion and I have a right to speak. And I have learnt something today. That I clearly can't write my opinion.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I say no to saying no but I also say no to fashioning and wearing headwear made of very thin metal.
  • DavPul
    Options
    Umm ok.. Well this is my opinion and I have a right to speak. And I have learnt something today. That I clearly can't write my opinion.

no one is telling you that you don't have the right to speak. but i'm glad you learned that if you state an opinion that is clearly and emphatically wrong, that you'll be called out on it by people who have, you know, actual facts.
  • KMCbluestar
    Options
    I'm just not going to comment, because this isn't going anywhere. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. But that is my opinion and so far isn't changing.
  • brower47
    Options
    I'm not trying to start anything up, this was just my opinion, don't want to upset people.

This was the only factual statement you made in this whole thread. It is only your opinion.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

Sure you can write your opinion. And people can disagree with you.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Everyone has the right to speak. What you learned today is that opinion doesn't actually trump real science.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• KMCbluestar
    Options
    In my opinion GMO foods are not natural. But if you don't agree that's fine.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

It is my opinion that medication isn't natural but I'm betting you don't turn down Tylenol when your head hurts.
  • DavPul
    Options
    I'm just not going to comment, because this isn't going anywhere. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. But that is my opinion and so far isn't changing.

so this morning when you woke up, you had no opinion on GMOs....

then you watched a documentary on GMOs that was based on falsehoods....

and now you're not going to let any amount of factual evidence sway your opinion on GMOs that you've held for all of 10 hours?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I don't think anyone is offended at all. There was disagreement and actual posting of links to support that GMO's are actually safe. Whether you agree to the actual studies or not are your choice, but if you're going to come on here and make statements about GMO's being unsafe, you should come prepared with more than just your opinion. Legitimate studies from peer review is a good source if you can find one.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• KMCbluestar
    Options
    No I heard about GMO's for a long time actually but never cared about it till now. If you have nothing good to say then why say it.
  • brower47
    Options

I'm sure you use 100 things a day or more that aren't natural including beauty products, medications and hygiene products. Not naturally occurring does not equal bad.
  • KMCbluestar
    Options
    Sorry maybe I should of said it differently.
This discussion has been closed.