Are women offended by this?

Options

Replies

• tornACL2012
    Options
    well the point of the spandex is to stop the bouncing
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Do you think its any different than women wearing tight tops where you can see the outline of their breasts?
    Actually I do get offended if I can see the outline of his junk. Now if he was FINE that is another story!!!!

Yes I do think there is a difference. I see cleavage (tight tops, plunging necklines) everyday on women. It is rare that I see a man's junk bouncing up and down and around at the gym.

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    There is a dude at my gym who wears a full spandex outfit in white with an extra bright white patch over the crotch area. He is also overly dramatic and enthusiastic about his workouts. It is much more entertaining than offensive.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Yeah I usually do this, but I forgot my shorts the other day and got some weird looks from a few of the women
    lemon629 wrote: »
    Speaking for myself only, generally speaking, no I am not offended by men wearing spandex, but it depends on how tight the spandex is.

I think most guys at my gym wear regular shorts on top of their compression garments, though.

Well it's because you wore this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH7vHn0UgCw
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Offend? I don't think it's the world's most aesthetically pleasing choice for even the dedicated gym-goer, but I suppose it's comfortable to work out in, so please yourself on that one as far as I am concerned.

Then again, I'm a swimmer and God knows it's impossible for nut-huggers to look anything but absurd on the average swimmer's body, and it's pretty much required for the sport. So, I don't get tied up in knots about what people wear unless it smells bad or has spikes that interfere with MY workout, ya know?

As long as both nuts are in the bag. I will never forget the old guy who sat navel deep on the stairs with one of them on the outside, whilst I was diving with friends nearby.
  • tornACL2012
    Options
    I'm sure men would hate if women stopped wearing compression clothing at the gym
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think that unless you are planning on doing some kind of sporting activity where wearing skin tight clothing is advantageous (cycling, football) then nothing should fit tight on a man's lower half unless your wearing a jock strap or it's covered by looser fitting material. Just seems weird and leads to awkward situations if you can't control your manly appendage. Now, compression shirts are a different story but guys, it's not a good idea to wear one if your sporting a serious belly or just don't have the physique for it. It's smells of desperation for attention, but to each their own.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Not particularly. I prefer it to be not tattered and thin, but no, I wouldn't be offended. If it does what it's supposed to do, why would I be?
    That said,
    I did have an eww experience a few years ago. I was at the gym at 6am. just a couple folks were there. A competitive body builder arrived early and decided to do some "poses". He took of his gym attire (in front of me) and was just there in his tighty whiteys. He stood there and posed looked at himself in the mirror. Pretty well right next to me (in a huge gym with mirrors on 2 walls and mirrors upstairs). Anyway, they were rather old tighty whiteys which was bad enough, but then he...umm... liked what he saw. And became quite "happy" with himself. And he kept posing. Turning to this side and that. Flexing and enjoying the view of him and the tent in his thin tighty whiteys. THAT was a bit too much. lol
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    By itself? I've personally never seen that except for spinners....in that instance no. But if some dude is lifting in spandex and no shorts over, I'd probably roll my eyes. I don't need or want to see that.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    well the point of the spandex is to stop the bouncing
    Do you think its any different than women wearing tight tops where you can see the outline of their breasts?
    Actually I do get offended if I can see the outline of his junk. Now if he was FINE that is another story!!!!

Yes I do think there is a difference. I see cleavage (tight tops, plunging necklines) everyday on women. It is rare that I see a man's junk bouncing up and down and around at the gym.

That's what I thought until I saw this guy at the gym and his was loose in the crotch area and his LITTLE wee wee was bouncing up and down! I was like "Eeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!"

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as to why this question needs to be asked. Why would anyone find this offensive?
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yeah I usually do this, but I forgot my shorts the other day and got some weird looks from a few of the women
    lemon629 wrote: »
    Speaking for myself only, generally speaking, no I am not offended by men wearing spandex, but it depends on how tight the spandex is.

I think most guys at my gym wear regular shorts on top of their compression garments, though.

Well it's because you wore this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH7vHn0UgCw

bwaaaahaaaahaaaa

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

While there IS a difference ... its' not for the one you listed.
    You're just conditioned to seeing one verses another- and it's horribly offensive that you base the validation of someone to wear an article clothing on YOU"RE subjective level of attractiveness.

Secondly- the difference is that breasts are not a sexual organ. where's a penis is.

Thirdly
    That's what I thought until I saw this guy at the gym and his was loose in the crotch area and his LITTLE wee wee was bouncing up and down! I was like "Eeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!"

what are you five? grow the hell up.

Fourthly- no- mind your own business- I don't care. as long as he isn't pitching a tent- he can wear whatever he wants.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    nope
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I don't care to get a pretty good idea about what's going on in the junk area. Put some shorts over that thing!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Nope. But then, I grew up with 2 brothers and I have 3 sons and a husband who have declared our house "pants optional". Wouldn't even faze me. :|
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    By spandex? No. Clingy yoga pants with no undies? Yes. I had the unfortunate experience of seeing that once and that was enough.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly, I don't really study what guys wear at the gym. As long as they are wearing something to cover their unmentionables and it is decent and unobtrusive, it's all good. I'm too busy with what I'm doing to worry too much about what others are doing (except to get ideas on better exercises to enhance my own routine).
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    don't care what anyone wears as long as I don't actually see penis or vagina
  • kvcreed
    kvcreed Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    No.
    And if I was, it's not mine to decide anyway, what he's wearing. I can just look somewhere else and do my workout. I'm there to sweat, not worry about other people's junk.