Pregnancy 2011- May

Options

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    One of the supervisors gave me a Mother’s Day card for the mother-to-be. It’s my first Mother’s Day present! :happy: I apologize for being such a dork! :laugh:

My DH told me the other day he has a very special day for me planned sunday. I didn't even think he would think about it but I am touched that he did.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    A BOY!!! YAY!!!!!! Congrats!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    First off it took me a half hour to get here because I don`t have a fancy phone but I did it for all of you! ITS A BOY!!!!!! More details later when I can sit @ a computer. Had to tell you all though!

CONGRATS DANIELLE!!!!!! :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
    Can;t wait to find out what I'm having, 1 more month :grumble:
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Ron - I love the names you have picked out, can't wait to find out what you're having!

Julie - Great job staying on track!

Brittony - Between the nesting and the itchy belly, I either feel like a bird or a dog :laugh: I also feel better if I have something tight on my belly, I think that's one of the reasons I prefer the pants with a full panel. I do the same thing as you with my belly band, especially if I'm wearing a nightgown or something, feels so much better and more supported!

AnneElise - Wait til your belly gets bigger! I had never imagined how in the way it would get. The other day I was at a store and had to use the bathroom and it was hard to maneuver myself into the stall to get the door shut :laugh: Hope you enjoy your time with your family.

Danielle - YAY!!! Congratulations on your little boy!!! :bigsmile: :happy: I'm sooo sorry in advance if I'm forgetting anyone, but I think me, you and Mel are the only ones having boys (that know the gender).
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Danielle! Yay, it finally came! I am so excited for you! A little boy is awesome, congrats.

Ron: I love the name Kathryn, it's always been on my list of names I really like.

Thank you for your kind words Lynn and AnneElise. I know overall I am not doing bad with weight gain. I was just a bit discouraged because I was up 3.5 lbs. just from Monday. I am pretty sure I am retaining water though. It just was a big shocker to see. Thanks for being so sweet all the time though.

My mother-in-law got me a mother's day gift. I told her I wasn't a mother yet, and she said, "Yes you are, you are taking care of your body and therefore you are taking care of your new baby." She is sweet. It is a Scentsy candle burner that is for the nursery. It has the song Mary Had a Little Lamb on it. It works as a smelly good candle and a night light. It's cute. But then my husband asked, "Am I supposed to do something for you for mother's day?" I told him no, but he could also count the massage as my gift. :)
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    First off it took me a half hour to get here because I don`t have a fancy phone but I did it for all of you! ITS A BOY!!!!!! More details later when I can sit @ a computer. Had to tell you all though!

Yayy!! congratulations!! did you guys pick a name already?
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options

Danielle - YAY!!! Congratulations on your little boy!!! :bigsmile: :happy: I'm sooo sorry in advance if I'm forgetting anyone, but I think me, you and Mel are the only ones having boys (that know the gender).

I have a feeling I am having a boy too, but I guess we will all have to wait and see!
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of coffee in the am every day still. It's half caf. Eventually I'll wean completely off. Yesterday was a big field event at school and one mom asked me if she could bring me a latte today because she'll know I'll need to after Field Day. I said yes, totally not thinking about the caffine. She asked me "A venti with extra shot? " HA! No way, not even when I'm not pregnant. But I drank the grande she brought me....boy did that help wake me up! I'm really not used to that much jolt!
    It was kind and thoughtful of her but next time I'll remember to say decaf. I didn't make my own coffee this morning so I wasn't doubling!
    BUT then she thought I needed something sweet and gave me cake pops! I threw one away but ate the other one! lol Way to start the morning out!
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ticker didn't work....how'd you do it?

Just kidding! Works now!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Danielle -- YAY for a boy!! I was starting to get worried after so many of us found out we were having girls all in a row. :smile:

autty -- Do I even want to know what a cake pop is?

Brittony -- Fair warning: your baby is about to move up a box tomorrow. :wink: Yikes!

I'm ravenous today. I have a feeling it's because I missed my 12oz of milk this morning because we were out & then my lunch had very little protein, too. I've tried to counteract it with greek yogurt as a snack. Hopefully that will hold me for the next 3 hours but it doesn't look promising.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I cant believe how close we are getting brittony! Its kinda scary but so exciting too. And with regards to the support comment, I prefer to wear the pants with the huge elastic part that come up to under my boobs for that reason. They feel like they support and help my stomach sooooo much!

Danielle - CONGRATS ON THE BOY!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I just came across this site that seems to have a lot of great info on childbirth, interventions, cord cutting (or not) etc.
    It's an australian site so a few of the things they mention would not be relevant to the US, but almost everything is the same.
    It goes through all sorts of birth topics and gives pros and cons to everything, very informative especially for us first timers.
    It's got all sorts of other sections too, pregnancy,breastfeeding, baby's first year, but I didn't get to read those yet.
    Definitely bookmarking this one.

http://naturaltransition.com/natural-childbirth.htm
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Danielle – yea!!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Julie – another 1.4 pounds? Awesome!

Lynn – my husband is technically UNDERweight and he couldn’t understand why I was upset about gaining. He said, “you’re pregnant, what do you expect?”

Brittony – I’m waiting for my nesting to kick in. Can you send some of it my way please?

AnneElise – have a great weekend!

Jenna – I “hinted” to my husband that even though the baby’s not here yet, it’s still my first official Mothers Day. We’ll see what happens.

Racheal – that’s sweet of your mother-in-law. I :heart: Scentsy!

Autty – cake pops??? I don’t know what that is but it sounds yummy!

Meokk – thanks for the info!

I have a new cousin!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: My uncles’ wife had their second baby on the 4th, her name is Alecia. They live in upstate NY so it’s about a 5 hour drive from me. I’m not sure when I’ll get up there to meet her, but I can’t wait!!!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    31 weeks today! WOOT! I just realized that I will be able to say the baby is less than two months away on Monday. CRAZY! What if she decided to come early? I've gotta make sure everything is ready ASAP! Annnnnd more insane nesting commences :laugh:

Yeah, I have been trying to keep in mind that I'm 35 weeks so potentially any time after 2 weeks from now... :noway: ... I keep thinking maybe a month out I will dig out the pack and play and make sure it's not moldy and wash the 0-3 mo clothes in the attic... but I don't really feel like it. I'm totally not nesting - I'm in my "if I ignore it it doesn't exist" mode about the mess in my house! I'm so not motivated to get any of this ready. Maybe I will start by trying to get hubby to assemble the dresser that has been on the boy's (to be boys') room floor for the last 2 months... it'd at least give me a place to put the baby clothes should I ever become motivated enough to drag them out!
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options

Weight gain: I came to the realization last night that I don’t have the first clue about how to grow a baby; thankfully my body is on autopilot. I know people who ate crap and didn’t exercise at all and gained almost nothing and people who watched everything they put in their mouths and constantly worked out and still gained 50+ pounds. I figure regardless of what I do I’m going to gain weight. As long as I do my best to make healthy food choices and don’t become a complete and total lazy bum, I can’t be too hard on myself. Besides, according to my husband I’ve never looked more beautiful – and if he honestly thinks differently, he knows better than to say it out loud! :laugh:

THIS IS SO TRUE! With my first I gained 50 and I did watch what I ate and wasn't a lazy bum. One of my best friends ate out EVERY DAY and gained 25 pounds! WTF?! That's just not fair. This pregnancy I'm eating close to the same that I did with my DS and I'm like 10 pounds under compared to when I was expecting my DS at this point! So how does that work?
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, Mel, you're close.
    I'm pretty sure I'm in denial about being 7 months pregnant. I don't feel that pregnant. I just feel like a tired fat person with some kind of crazy alive thing moving around in my belly. I seriously don't feel any different than I did when I weighed 275 pounds. Well, that's not true, I actually feel better now than I did then even with the exhaustion, sucky sleep, and constant peeing which are my main gripes at the moment (and what tiny unimportant gripes those are relative to what some women go through during pregnancy!). So, the reality of my physical pregnantness isn't sinking in much for me. Especially since I "don't even look pregnant." :tongue:

When I think hard about it & manage to realize it's happening, I start to panic a little about labor & delivery. I've been really calm about it up until this point -- not even worried at all. But now the doubt is creeping in about my ability to be strong enough not to freak out when it's happening. I can pretend to be calm all I want but the reality is I'm INSANELY high-strung when it comes to urgent types of situations like I imagine labor to be. I just want to be able to remain calm and in control of myself and not end up flipping out.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    My mother-in-law got me a mother's day gift. I told her I wasn't a mother yet, and she said, "Yes you are, you are taking care of your body and therefore you are taking care of your new baby." She is sweet. It is a Scentsy candle burner that is for the nursery. It has the song Mary Had a Little Lamb on it. It works as a smelly good candle and a night light. It's cute. But then my husband asked, "Am I supposed to do something for you for mother's day?" I told him no, but he could also count the massage as my gift. :)

I always consider women being moms as soon as they are pregnant, but I don't consider men dads until the baby is born. The woman is already taking care of the baby, the guy is still taking care of his wife - so he's still being a husband not a dad. Not that we celebrate mother's day or father's day (or most any other "holiday") here either way, but that's always been my take on it.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    I made it to the gym for some elliptical last night and got my mile swim in this morning. Tomorrow, if it doesn't rain, I have some festival thing to take my son to so I see quite a bit of walking. Probably not enough to counter the pancakes in the morning, but ah well! At least i got a little in! Oh, and I was surprisingly pleased that Wed I did at least burn about 250-300 extra calories helping with the Bug, so not a total waste of not getting to spin class!
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love:

AveryCollagenodata-1.jpg
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Aw Danielle! I love the pictures!!! So cute! Congrats again.