Geeks need support too! Fandoms Unite!!

Options

Replies

• SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I don't really "do" gaming but I love Dr Who, LOTR, Harry Potter, Walking Dead (and anything zombie related), Marvel, Disney, I go to Comic Con, read *kitten* tons, watch loads of films, love musicals, terrible at socailising (lol), have loads of tattoos (working on a sleeve right now), love old style vampires when they were evil and not all lovey dovey like they are now (Interview with the Vampire is my fave film ever!!)

I approve of every in this. Lol. Except the gaming of course. ;) I hate the new vampires too.

I agree.
    1. Vampires should never SPARKLE (when I read those books and got to that part, I nearly choked and then proceeded to suffer through one of the movies, eee gads)
    2. What is the point of vampires without blood and sex?
    3. Unless they are the evil gory kinda 30 days of night vamps, those are acceptable.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Count me in. My wife and I are both very varied nerds, neither of us have hardly met a fandom we didn't like. Sounds like this is a group that won't raise an eyebrow when I say that little motivates me more to be in shape than making my cosplays look good.
  • Boganella
    Boganella Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    BluFoxxe wrote: »
    "socializing"? what is this? does it taste good?
    NO twinkling vamps for me. see "30 Days of night"?

[/quote]

haha! i'm right there with you!

i'm late to this topic, but i too am a nerd. I can top you OP cuz I've got 8 various gaming consoles/units in my house and i managed to snag 2 3-day badges for Pax East 2015 this year (video game convention for those not in the know). I also love to read (I do it constantly) and I like bowling but I'm quite bad at it. Hi everyone!

Add away!

[/quote]

I am super jelly of you being able to go to Pax :( I never get the cool Pax skins from Riot and I have no one I can bribe to get them for me

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    yay!!!!!!!!!! Fellow addicts!!!!

I'm a wicked book *kitten* - mostly Stephen King...
    - Looooooooove The Winchesters!
    - Doctor Who
    - All things Marvel right now (Yes, I jumped on this bandwagon the last few years, so I'm a newb, but I'm hating myself for missing out for so many years)
    - Firefly
    - Castle
    - Just Nathan Fillion in general :wink:

I'm also a sewer that creates geeky bedding for the tots :) I also do standard size pillow cases too, for all us big kids :)

I also make crochet geekery too - looking for the perfect Jayne colors right now :)

So glad to find you peoples!

Throw in Star Wars and our list is identical - minus the sewing, that's pretty cool, I can barely sew a button. My mother just gave me her Star Wars novels since she finished them, so I might get started on that....anyone read them? I was really into comics as a kid, had all my brothers "hand me downs" but I'm not completely up to date with the different universes, I've seen (and discussed with my brother ad nauseam) all the movies & drag my poor husband with me to boot!

Feel free to add me!

Ditto here.
  • BluFoxxe
    BluFoxxe Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    [/quote]
    I am totally putting a steampunk kitchen in one day. All kinds of brassy, coppery, oveny fabulousness! or maybe living room? some Victorian style super-comfy couches and a cool steampunk style frame around the tv to make it look the part. Gah! all the ideas!
    [/quote]

steampunk is lovely stuff. if that kitchen ever happens i want sooooo many pics

damn i messed up the quoting thing

• FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    i'm late to this topic, but i too am a nerd. I can top you OP cuz I've got 8 various gaming consoles/units in my house and i managed to snag 2 3-day badges for Pax East 2015 this year (video game convention for those not in the know). I also love to read (I do it constantly) and I like bowling but I'm quite bad at it. Hi everyone!

Add away!

I am so jealous, I've wanted to go to PAX for ages but none of my RL friends are gamers >.< I do hit up Emerald City Comic Con every year with my geek girls though!
  • Fitgirl_666
    Fitgirl_666 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Count me in. My wife and I are both very varied nerds, neither of us have hardly met a fandom we didn't like. Sounds like this is a group that won't raise an eyebrow when I say that little motivates me more to be in shape than making my cosplays look good.

Need to have fabulous cosplays!! :)
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options

cosplay is indeed a good motivator ^^
  • mango90
    mango90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    mango90 wrote: »
    Any of the horror fans here played P.T. on the PS4? That game is SCARY. It also made me super excited for Silent Hills. Starring Norman Reedus and directed by Guillermo del Torro? I need it.
    yup. P.T. rocked. the first four silent hills are classics..."origins" wasn't bad either.
    I'll admit, I've only fully played through the original Silent Hill. I played a bit of Silent Hill 3 and even less of Homecoming. Still consider myself a fan. I wish I'd played the remastered collection before I sold my 360.
  • mango90
    mango90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I don't really "do" gaming but I love Dr Who, LOTR, Harry Potter, Walking Dead (and anything zombie related), Marvel, Disney, I go to Comic Con, read *kitten* tons, watch loads of films, love musicals, terrible at socailising (lol), have loads of tattoos (working on a sleeve right now), love old style vampires when they were evil and not all lovey dovey like they are now (Interview with the Vampire is my fave film ever!!)

I approve of every in this. Lol. Except the gaming of course. ;) I hate the new vampires too.

I agree.
    1. Vampires should never SPARKLE (when I read those books and got to that part, I nearly choked and then proceeded to suffer through one of the movies, eee gads)
    2. What is the point of vampires without blood and sex?
    3. Unless they are the evil gory kinda 30 days of night vamps, those are acceptable.
    I wore a Twilight shirt for my senior pictures in high school that I know I'm going to regret for years to come.
  • queen_of_disaster
    queen_of_disaster Posts: 61 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey all! I'm pretty sure this is the thread for me as I am a geek in every way lol... :) Love video games, fantasy novels, all that good stuff (some anime, mostly just Sailor Moon and Utena though). And fandom, of course; I've read lots of fan fic in my time. I have a very obsessive personality which is why I think I get involved with fandom--whenever I really really love something I need to seek more of it out! Glad to be among like-minded people.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm a proud nerd. :-)
  • BluFoxxe
    Options
    FitGeekery wrote: »

Add away!

I am so jealous, I've wanted to go to PAX for ages but none of my RL friends are gamers >.< I do hit up Emerald City Comic Con every year with my geek girls though!

ive never been to that one but ive decided that before i die, i want to hit each con in this country at least once. is that one nice? it must be so nice...
  • BluFoxxe
    Options

nothing says "motivation" like not fitting in to my steampunk Lara Croft outfit. that was a sad day.

• BluFoxxe
    edited January 2015
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Any of the horror fans here played P.T. on the PS4? That game is SCARY. It also made me super excited for Silent Hills. Starring Norman Reedus and directed by Guillermo del Torro? I need it.
    yup. P.T. rocked. the first four silent hills are classics..."origins" wasn't bad either.
    I'll admit, I've only fully played through the original Silent Hill. I played a bit of Silent Hill 3 and even less of Homecoming. Still consider myself a fan. I wish I'd played the remastered collection before I sold my 360.

I played P.T. not knowing what it was. I'm not a big horror genre gamer (say yes to Dragon Age Inquisition baby!), so i started P.T. and by the third time around that hallway, i was all set.

Had to go find my happy place.
  • adramaticpirate
    adramaticpirate Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Completely understand! ^_^
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options

nothing says "motivation" like not fitting in to my steampunk Lara Croft outfit. that was a sad day.

ouch! would love to see that cosplay though :)
  • adramaticpirate
    adramaticpirate Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm pretty sure this is the thread for me as I am a geek in every way lol... :) Love video games, fantasy novels, all that good stuff (some anime, mostly just Sailor Moon and Utena though). And fandom, of course; I've read lots of fan fic in my time. I have a very obsessive personality which is why I think I get involved with fandom--whenever I really really love something I need to seek more of it out! Glad to be among like-minded people.

Yes ma'am! You fit in in everyway! We are glad to have you among us!
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

ouch! would love to see that cosplay though :)

x2 :p

I've had a video game crush on Lara Croft since I was in my teens lol.
  • Hellkittenn
    Hellkittenn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a nerd. I've played World of Warcraft, to the Sims, to Left 4 Dead, to Skyrim, and the list goes on. haha. I'm definitely a PC gamer, just built a new custom PC over Christmas with a SSD for boosted gaming performance. hahaha. I plan to get a Zelda tattoo sometime this year. Stopped playing MMO's so I could make more time for everything else in my life, but I still make time to game every day. haha

Anyone can feel free to add me. ^_^