Bootea Detox?

Options
1235»

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    dee187 wrote: »
    Crikey some people are so mean on here. The whole point is to be suppotive and give advice. If you have nothing nice to say or cant say things in a nice way then keep quiet.

On a lighter note i have been on bootea 3days. Not sure whether it will work or not. Only brought it as it was on sale. I enjoy the flavour of the tea alot. If it works great. If not no biggie. Ill keep you updated. Im also doing insanity and averaging 1300 calories a day. Xx

Blindly supporting a silly detox is not giving advice, nor is it being supportive.

• Chlo92x
    Chlo92x Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Crikey some people are so mean on here. The whole point is to be suppotive and give advice. If you have nothing nice to say or cant say things in a nice way then keep quiet.

On a lighter note i have been on bootea 3days. Not sure whether it will work or not. Only brought it as it was on sale. I enjoy the flavour of the tea alot. If it works great. If not no biggie. Ill keep you updated. Im also doing insanity and averaging 1300 calories a day. Xx

In some cases, such as this, being supportive and giving advice requires telling people that they are making an unwise choice.

I agree but a lot of people on here haven't gone about it in a very nice way.... I can take people telling me its not a good idea but not when they go off on one. I am not a diet and fitness expert I am a beginner to it all, I know a lot of people on here have a lot of knowledge on diets and exercise and I would like advice from those people not them to shoot me down
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Chlo92x wrote: »

In some cases, such as this, being supportive and giving advice requires telling people that they are making an unwise choice.

I agree but a lot of people on here haven't gone about it in a very nice way.... I can take people telling me its not a good idea but not when they go off on one. I am not a diet and fitness expert I am a beginner to it all, I know a lot of people on here have a lot of knowledge on diets and exercise and I would like advice from those people not them to shoot me down

Hard to tell tone over a computer. That is your projection.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    sings: "why you gotta be so rude"
  • nikitad123
    nikitad123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I bought it but stopped taking it. I heard it was almost a laxative although I didn't experience that at all even over 11 days. I didn't lose any weight even though I followed the diet (they call it vegetarian but you're allowed fish, errmmm hello that's pescetarian, it annoys me when they can't even get things like that right, minimum dairy etc). The smell is enough to put anyone off and the taste is awful.

Also my cousin suffered from severe stomach cramps for the period she took it.

My advice, save your money and avoid any sort of teatox like the plague.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Chlo92x wrote: »

Your consideration of such a flawed concept as a detox required a shoot down. It might not be what you want to hear, but, it was what you needed to get told.

This thread follows the typical pattern of the detox/cleanse/pills "advice" threads ... the initial answers all tell you that it is a waste of money and those techniques have no medical or scientific basis. The OP (in this case you) states the purpose is a quick/kick/jump start of a diet plan ... again countered with science and logic. Around this point in most threads, somebody provides a link to the sexypants thread in the Getting Started area of the forum ... which did happen here. Then there are usually a series of questions that are answered in the sexypants thread ... a resource provided to, but not used, by the OP in thread after thread.

This process occurs several times a day. At one point this morning there were three detox/tea/pill threads on the front page of this forum section alone. It doesn't even take a search to get the answers to these recurring threads ... they are always on page one or two of the forum.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    They call it the Bootea detox because it's a laxative and all your "loss" is in the form of water pouring out your booty.

Other than that, I've got nothing.
    Because dehydration is good. lol
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I have tried bootea - some friends and I reviewed some 'teatoxes' for our uni magazine a while ago. We found that bootea was the most gentle - there were some (skinny teatox and a fruit one that I can't remember the name of, it tasted orangey) that caused really horrible cramps so stopped using it. We all lost a few pounds (1 week period, left a gap of 2 weeks inbetween each one). To be honest, I don't think it was really the tea, as I fluctuate a lot anyway, and as other people here have pointed out, it may well have just been water weight. I still sometimes have the morning bootea - not interested in laxitive evening one, but I loooove the taste of the morning one. It has never made me pee so either doesn't work on me or is just not a very effective diuretic - as I said, I like the taste, and when I run out there will be a cheaper one I can replace it with I expect! We also recently tried the bootea shake and it is rank. Best weight loss product we reviewed? Our gym memberships ;) best of luck to you!