20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• elaine8505
    elaine8505 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    elaine8505 wrote: »
    New to MFP since Jan 1st...but found this great group right away.
    SW 203.8
    CW 198.7
    GW 147
    Finding it easier this time by doing Sunday meal prep for the week. Love overnight oats in a jar for a quick breakfast!

Here is the overnight oats recipe
  • elaine8505
    elaine8505 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    SW 203.8
    CW 198.7
    GW 147
    Finding it easier this time by doing Sunday meal prep for the week. Love overnight oats in a jar for a quick breakfast!

Here is the overnight oats recipe
    @Mishitashin - overnight oats in a jar is making flavored oatmeal without cooking.
    Basic recipe - use a 1 cup mason jar, add
    1/4 cup rolled oats
    1/3 cup milk
    1/4 cup greek yogurt
    1.5 tsp maple syrup or honey or agava
    1.5 tsp Chia seeds
    1/4 cup diced fruit or berries.
    Place lid on jar...shake to mix and place in fridge overnight...can be made up to 4 days in advance.
    I like vanilla so I use vanilla yogurt and vanilla rice milk. I have also experimented with flavors like apple and cinnamon, banana and cocoa.
    So fast to pull one out in the morning and eat on the run. I eat them cold but they can be heated too! They also fill me until lunch.
    Let me know if you try them and what flavor combinations you come up with.

Sorry here is the correct post with the recipe. Is there anyway to delete a post after posting?
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, challengers, losers, and new people!

Congrats to ALL of you who have losses this week! If you did not have a loss this week, suck it up and stay strong!

Sophie... popcorn is not evil...see???

I just finished 50 minutes of aerobic walking and feel great! Not too much planned for today. The clouds are back and rain expected for tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, productive, and mindful day!
    Stay strong!

Connie

• tarabatesole3333
    tarabatesole3333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in! Great to have a support group! Thanks.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,924 Member
    Options
    :D I found a great app for my phone that tracks my walks with my dogs---distance, time, speed, and a map and the advertisers give a small amount of money to our local animal shelter for the walk.....I need lots of goofy things to keep me motivated and moving
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good morning, challengers, losers, and new people!

Congrats to ALL of you who have losses this week! If you did not have a loss this week, suck it up and stay strong!

Sophie... popcorn is not evil...see???

I just finished 50 minutes of aerobic walking and feel great! Not too much planned for today. The clouds are back and rain expected for tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, productive, and mindful day!
    Stay strong!

Connie

Haha it makes me very happy that you're correct. I love popcorn so much I would find it hard to cut it out entirely!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Sophie

• Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations to MummyKate, Shorshabae and MrsMuckster for reaching Onederland this week! WTG :D
  • ctleonard9
    ctleonard9 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, just checking in to be accountable with my eating and exercise this week. I am down 5.5 lbs since 4 January but the first 4 came off quickly and I am struggling now. Had to move my caloric intake up to 1300 - 1400 cal. / day because 1200 was too low to consistently meet which is probably why my weight loss has lessened per week. I missed my work out Tuesday to get to a one day awesome golf sale but I go tonight for 30 min spin class and 30 min workout with my trainer. I also need to commit to the same workout Saturday w/ trainer and just spin and nautilus Sunday. I know if I have to report back on Monday I am sure to be more accountable and apt to hit the gym both Saturday and Sunday to make up for Monday missed class.

Glad you all are here. Hope all are progressing well. Best, Cat
  • MsLadyPirate
    MsLadyPirate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Barbie and Sophie, I am also a dancer. I take 3 line dance classes a week 2 hrs each, then go out dancing with a partner 1-2 times a week. I agree that dance is a fantastic way to have fun and get moving. As my avatar says, "Sometimes ya just gotta put on your boots and dance anyway"
    Keep up the good work everyone.
  • lululovebaby
    Options
    Hey every body is it Friday yet :\ lol well I'm down 1 pound I'm 2 weeks.
    Start weight 189
    Current weight 182
    Goal weight 169
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day!
    SW 202
    CW 195.4
    GW Easter 182
    13.4lbs to go

Happy Thursday!
    Ruthie
  • sparklecomet
    Options
    Barbie and Sophie, I am also a dancer. I take 3 line dance classes a week 2 hrs each, then go out dancing with a partner 1-2 times a week. I agree that dance is a fantastic way to have fun and get moving. As my avatar says, "Sometimes ya just gotta put on your boots and dance anyway"
    Keep up the good work everyone.

If I could do taught ballet classes more than once a week I would! I would love to do them two or three times a week but they only have a class a week so I practice at home as well. Line dancing sounds like a lot of fun! In March (since I'm going away for a short will in February) I'm going to join a yoga studio to help with my flexibility for yoga. I'm very exited about it! =)

- Sophie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    SW 203.8
    CW 198.7
    GW 147
    yes there is a way to delete post go to the post you want delete Click on flag below it and it will take you the administered and they have a list of things There is a box to used to tell them what you want to do. And by the way that is a fantastic recipe. it needs to go in our recipe thread after you click on flag a pop up will appear click on report
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am in! Great to have a support group! Thanks.
    Welcome Tara glad to have you join us
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
    marie

• MsLadyPirate
    MsLadyPirate Posts: 51 Member
    Options

If I could do taught ballet classes more than once a week I would! I would love to do them two or three times a week but they only have a class a week so I practice at home as well. Line dancing sounds like a lot of fun! In March (since I'm going away for a short will in February) I'm going to join a yoga studio to help with my flexibility for yoga. I'm very exited about it! =)

- Sophie[/quote]

Sophie, Ballet classes are fantastic for lengthening and strengthening your muscles. Yoga is great for flexibility. Have you ever tried Pilates? I like Pilates much better than Yoga. Just my personal preference. I took ballet classes from age 4 -22. I danced professionally for a short time, then life happened, got married had six kids and now I am old and overweight. I would be taking ballet classes now if there were adult classes available here. I encourage you to keep up your ballet classes and yoga.
    Valerie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am so excited With this thread, I woke up late this morning When I open my computer up and of Couse I headed to this thread there was 29 posting. how great is that. I am still reading them. Lovely/ Contracts on all the lost and for all that reach onederland What a wonderful group And Welcome all the new comers
    Cheers Marie
  • sparklecomet
    Options
    Sophie, Ballet classes are fantastic for lengthening and strengthening your muscles. Yoga is great for flexibility. Have you ever tried Pilates? I like Pilates much better than Yoga. Just my personal preference. I took ballet classes from age 4 -22. I danced professionally for a short time, then life happened, got married had six kids and now I am old and overweight. I would be taking ballet classes now if there were adult classes available here. I encourage you to keep up your ballet classes and yoga.
    Valerie

Until I was 10 I did ballet classes and then gave up. I really regret it now but am really happy that I found adult classes where I live now so I can take it up again! Wow that's really impressive that you were a professional dancer! I have never taken a pilates class before but I follow and do some of the classes for pilates (called blogilates) on youtube and I really enjoyed it! There's a hot yoga studio close to where I work so I'm hoping to take that up since I've heard how good it is for you!
    Sophie

• Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    sparkle.......well done on your 1lb loss, nice steady weight loss is the way to go.

mummykate and mrsmuckster..... fantastic job getting under the 200lb mark a real mile stone to celebrate on your journey.

Leeloo..... glad those pesky scales have finally decided to move in a downward direction for you.

Shorshabae........Only 2lbs more to loss to hit 50lb loss what a great achievement. Well done on this weeks loss also.

Well done to all you losers out there.
    Linda
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm not one of the losers this week, I'm finding it hard to stick with my calories for the day and the more I exercise the more hungry I am. I'll just have to be strict with myself and fill up on veg , I've also bought wholemeal pasta to help to fill me so I'll see how that goes. Still on the plus side I didn't put any weight on either.
    I did a Nordic walking session again today, the sun was out and the snow was on the ground so it was very scenic. Yesterdays exercise was a 4.5 mile run in the rain.
    Have a good Thursday everyone.
    Linda.... North Wales UK.
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    <3

Me too linda. I misplace my fit bit and did not get out and walk, found it yesterday but it is rainy and cold even a few snow flake drift bye every once in a while.having a ground pork sandwich for lunch with a salad Hot tea.
    marie.