20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Easter is 17 weeks away We can do it

I agree. It can be done!!!!! Easter is going to come regardless, mine as well weigh less when it gets here!!!
  • v13enos7
    Options
    I'm in!! I lost 29 pounds from August 9th to Christmas. So I'll shoot for 21 by Easter! Keep up the great work Caliecat!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    v13enos7 wrote: »
    I'm in!! I lost 29 pounds from August 9th to Christmas. So I'll shoot for 21 by Easter! Keep up the great work Caliecat!

Welcome to our group. glad to have you join us. 21 lbs will a good goal for you.. You have done very well before Christmas. see no reason not to before Easter.. be sure to keep in touch with us.
    <3 (*) <3513727mzfgbailft.gif

Marie <3

jimmy0911 wrote: »
    wrote:
    Easter is 17 weeks away We can do it
    I don't think its that close now but still plenty time to get some off

jimmy lets do this thingy together We can do it. I wish you the best
    513727mzfgbailft.gif

I agree. It can be done!!!!! Easter is going to come regardless, mine as well weigh less when it gets here!!!
    Marie <3

• CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    wow would you believe 10 newbies just today. Big day. let all of us do our
    best to get it all off.

Thank you all fo showing your support and motivation's to our members.That's what it takes to make this a great group.
    marie
  • AthenasEyes
    AthenasEyes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am so in!!! Starting weight is 174
  • conatser9
    conatser9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in
    SW: 180
    GW: 160
    Donna
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am so in!!! Starting weight is 174

welcome to our group You will fine this a very caring
    group And so glad you join us.
    513727mzfgbailft.gif

<3 marie

Bed time for me. see you all tomorrow. eat Healthy

• kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Changed my goal....33 pounds by Easter seemed too much. What can I say, I got greedy! Readjusted my goal for a 20 pound loss...that will be plenty challenging for me! One day at a time...one healthy choice at a time....one workout at at time! I am going along at my own pace with faith that I will have success if I commit, log, and exercise. I am going to set myself up for success, not failure! See you all at week 3 weigh in!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    :D Sparkle, you and I are both lucky to live somewhere that doesn't always have icy days in the winter.....adult ballet, what fun---I took ballet as a teenager and loved it---now I line dance.....the only way I can say no to food is to say no to everything that I hadn't already planned to eat....I often bring my own food or eat before I go to an event where food will be served.

:D Kate, congrats on fitting in those jeans

:D Linda, congrats on your weight loss.....I am always looking for opportunities to be active and over time, I've found more and more.

:D:D Raindancer, good results at the dermatologist.

:D Janice, how great that you can wear smaller clothes

:D Kelly, I like your goal of one day at a time and one workout at a time....the weight will come off

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif20,000 steps today-- two hours of dog walking, line dance class, exercise bike,

My quote for 2015 (and the last five years)---The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

My word for 2015 is "now"---I won't wallow in the past or waste time worrying about the future
  • teeley430
    teeley430 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in. I actually started with my friend on 12/1 and I was 237, now I am 233 and my birthday is 4/30 so I want to be 215 on Easter and 210 by my b-day!
  • Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Today was tough. I'm sore from yesterday and didn't feel like working out, but pushed through and so glad I did. Good night!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Marie-you have been a great group leader, making everyone feel welcome.
    Barbie-what a go getter, its amazing how many steps you walk and teach dancing, too.
    Teeley-welcome to the group, 4lb loss is great, keep doing what your doing and the weight will continue to come off.
    Kellycasey5-its good not to stress yourself out trying to achieve more than you feel possible, good luck on your 20 lbs, if its more great, if its less you'll get there sooner than you think.
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thank you, mam! My second cousin is also Ruthie named after my grandmother.
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone! It's been a crazy busy week, but I still managed to lose 1.3 lbs this week. Yeah!

SW:186
    CW:180.7
    GW: 165

Have a great weekend!!

Becky
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hello there other new people! Happy Friday everyone!! Yay!

Barbie - I did ballet when until I was 8 or 9 and then I moved across the country and stopped. Now I wish I didn't! The ballet class was so much fun! I don't have a lot of flexibility though but hopefully that will come with time. I'm hoping to do a certain amount of stretching every day as well to help improve it. I'm looking forward to buying ballet slippers this weekend now and already can't wait for the next class! Line dancing sounds like a lot of fun as well. I always like dance workout classes, you can have fun while you exercise so it almost doesn't feel like real exercise at all!

I'm quite sore today now. The ballet along with spin class the day before has left my muscles sore, but in a good way. I still have to go for a run after work today and tomorrow there is spin class at my gym that I'm going to try to go to before I go to buy my ballet slippers! I hope everyone has a great weekend.

17 weeks till easter! We can do this! Everyone just needs to do their best =)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Becky good lost. Happy Friday to you too. Been missing you

Thank you janice. You have been a good help in motivation us along on this path.making new friends is a joy to me.

Good morning Ruthie have a great day

Good morning arkie hope you night was restful after a rough day.

teeley Welcome to our group You have already got a wonderful start Even tho you sign in last night I am going to list you No. ! for today. I change welcome graphic every morning so I can count the new members , I had done one to bed We had 10 new members yesterday 733895zl8k1fkhwd.gif
    <3 (*) <3
    Marie

Barbie always good to hear from you and your great wisdom Barbie reach her goal almost 6 years ago. We join MFP about the same time, She made good used of her time < me I just coast along for the ride. Barbie has a wonderful thread in Motivation and support group call 50 plus or older If you would like to drop in on her

I have some more to talk to but going to close this one before I lose it . I lose too many post to pus my luck Wish I could lose the lbs like I lose my post.. wouldn't that be great
    Be back after I close this section off
    Marie

• ape114073
    ape114073 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Anyone want to join me. ? I been a member here on MFP for 6 years and Have not been able to lose any weight. But stumble on this ONe One One diet and been following it for going on 3 weeks Its working for me at long last. my goal is to lose 20 lbs. by Easter. I have lost 6.8 in the first 3 weeks
    Currant weight 197
    Beginning weight 203.8
    Total lost 6.8

See 'ya

• top_mom
    top_mom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Count me in ! Started (again!) Jan 4, so far down 6.5lbs. Easter is a great goal!
  • ape114073
    ape114073 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would like to know more about one one one diet. I dont like saying diet so lets think of another word. 8) anyway I would like to lose 30 pounds by july.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Changed my goal....33 pounds by Easter seemed too much. What can I say, I got greedy! Readjusted my goal for a 20 pound loss...that will be plenty challenging for me! One day at a time...one healthy choice at a time....one workout at at time! I am going along at my own pace with faith that I will have success if I commit, log, and exercise. I am going to set myself up for success, not failure! See you all at week 3 weigh in!

Kelly look like I save the best for last I certainly do like your attitude. I almost made it by not using a quote but yours was too good not to used it thank you. Good
    <3 (*) <3 luck on your journey.,
    Marie