20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• libertydh
    Options
    Happy Friday! Last week was pretty good... I had two occasions where I didn't make the best choices. Last Saturday we met a friend for a drink (one drink!), well it ended up being numerous drink, but I made good food choices and had a really fun time. Needless to say Sunday I was hungover and my food choices reflected that!! All I can do is learn from this and move on!
    Small victory yesterday! I went to Disneyland and this normally would of been an opportunity to have some treats, but I stayed on plan and I ended my day under my calorie goal!

SW: 192.2
    LW: 188.6
    CW: 186.2
    Easter Challenge Goal: 172
    Goal Weight: 150
    Last Week's Loss: 2.4 lb
  • ambi54
    ambi54 Posts: 2
    Options
    hi there can I join?
  • terpluver
    terpluver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    MsPirate. You a a better person than me. I can't believe her family didn't help. Positive is the great workout!! Sounds like an emotionally trying time too. Stay strong!
  • jenniferbet11
    jenniferbet11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Is it too late to join!? This seems like a great way to stay motivated and keep myself working out and checking in! In case anyone is wondering, a little about me:

I graduated from college in May and I'm currently working as the Marketing Coordinator at a consulting firm while I earn my Masters degree. This makes my schedule much easier to handle and easier to plan my meals and workouts (as I'm not working until 3am like I was in undergrad.) I just recently joined a gym with my boyfriend. It's only about 20 minutes from our apartment and smack-dab-in-the-middle of our two job locations so we meet there after work! Anyway, I gained about 60 pounds during my 4 years in college and now I'm finally ready to get rid of some of it! (I've accepted that I may not get all the way down to 120 again, but anywhere between 120 and 140 would be fantastic!)

I'm going on a beach vacation on June 20th, 2015 so my goal is January 20th-June 20th (5 months) to lose 40 pounds, therefore my halfway point will be right around Easter, so 20 pounds by Easter would be a great goal to strive for! I look forward to getting to know all of you! :smile:

SW: 180 lbs.
    CW: 180 lbs.
    Easter Challenge: 160 lbs.
    June Goal Weight: 140 lbs.
    Overall Goal Weight: 120-140 lbs.
  • terpluver
    Options
    Ok... got this forum thing worked and its FRIDAY!! TGIF everyone!! I lost 3 lbs this week. Happy me!! Its not just the weight I am ecstatic about - its how I FEEL!! I feel good despite 'that time of the month'. Love reading through the group you all are wonderful people!

Have a great week!! Cheers!
  • terpluver
    Options
    cmristine wrote: »
    My two week weigh in:
    SW 184.2
    CW 181.4
    GW 164.2
    This is so agonizingly slow compared to the swimsuit season dieting I did in my 20's. Does anyone else feel they are spending way more time shopping, preparing, cooking and cleaning up in the kitchen? Reading cookbooks, searching the internet for recipes and finding acceptable substitutes for traditional ingredients.

I used to that too. I decided to pare down my choices. Find a handful of recipes that you enjoy and just stick to those. If you get bored find one recipe to put in the rotation. You will find you can prep, etc. when you are using the same ingredients each week. Much more efficient. I am a working mom with an hour commute each way. I HAD to figure out how to prep easier and this worked for me. You can do it!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Terpluver you are so right. How could they?

liberty yes just learn from your mistakes and do much better next time.

Dani, The holidays can do it to you plus being in pain I can for vouch the pain part. and medications

I would like to take tis opportunity to say how nice it is to see you retruning here and posting about your your journey here,
    marie
  • terpluver
    Options
    Barbie! I love this quote. I am sooooo stealing it from you. I am an instant gratification person and this resonates with me. Love it!!

"My quote for 2015 (and the last five years)---The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

• CoCoLynn129
    CoCoLynn129 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Weigh In stayed the same as last week...ugh well i'll take it over a gain. Have a good weekend everyone!
    SW 153.7
    CW 151.8
    GW 133
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    just look at all the friends we are making right here. fantastic. Love hearing about everybody journey here and all of the great lost. thank you MFP for giving us this opportunity to be together like this.
  • crazypuppy1234
    Options
    im in! im starting monday!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi everyone! Is it too late to join!? This seems like a great way to stay motivated and keep myself working out and checking in! In case anyone is wondering, a little about me:

I graduated from college in May and I'm currently working as the Marketing Coordinator at a consulting firm while I earn my Masters degree. This makes my schedule much easier to handle and easier to plan my meals and workouts (as I'm not working until 3am like I was in undergrad.) I just recently joined a gym with my boyfriend. It's only about 20 minutes from our apartment and smack-dab-in-the-middle of our two job locations so we meet there after work! Anyway, I gained about 60 pounds during my 4 years in college and now I'm finally ready to get rid of some of it! (I've accepted that I may not get all the way down to 120 again, but anywhere between 120 and 140 would be fantastic!)

I'm going on a beach vacation on June 20th, 2015 so my goal is January 20th-June 20th (5 months) to lose 40 pounds, therefore my halfway point will be right around Easter, so 20 pounds by Easter would be a great goal to strive for! I look forward to getting to know all of you! :smile:

SW: 180 lbs.
    CW: 180 lbs.
    Easter Challenge: 160 lbs.
    June Goal Weight: 140 lbs.
    Overall Goal Weight: 120-140 lbs.

no Jennifer never to late to join here new friends are so welcome glad to have you join us.oh another beach vacational. Bikini time. I think Shirley is headed to an island next month bikini time Shirley.?
    733895zl8k1fkhwd.gif
    <3 Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    My goodness you guys have been busy today! I can't keep up!
    I am back from my mani-pedi and I feel great. It's amazing what some sunshine and smooth feet will do for a person.

Barbie.. Gonna look up the Thin Commandments. I am married to a wonderful man who has a tendency to be negative a lot, and I have to constantly hold my tongue to avoid being sucked into the negativity.

Marie..I will look up that article. No way I would have a donut for breakfast...that would have a domino effect on me...I would just continue eating them. Who eats just one?

I will come back later.

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    ambi54 wrote: »
    hi there can I join?

you certainly join us in our journey of losing more weight and meeting fantastic friends to boot. They are just great.welcome Ambi

733895zl8k1fkhwd.gif
    marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    I am back from my mani-pedi and I feel great. It's amazing what some sunshine and smooth feet will do for a person.

Barbie.. Gonna look up the Thin Commandments. I am married to a wonderful man who has a tendency to be negative a lot, and I have to constantly hold my tongue to avoid being sucked into the negativity.

Marie..I will look up that article. No way I would have a donut for breakfast...that would have a domino effect on me...I would just continue eating them. Who eats just one?

I will come back later.

Connie

hey Connie I have been known to buy 6 donuts when grocer shopping and have them all ate before I got home. Then I pick up another bad habit. Every Tuesday as we went grocer shopping I bought a Small Banana pudding at the Deli to have for lunch and ate the whole thing wish I bought more both of those bad habits are broken I still have some bad habits to break. like the splenda but later. And probable some more I am not aware of yet. I really have a make over to do.I goggle the pudding so fast did not even realize it did not even have any banana in it but just the flavoing

Marie

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    That's right Marie, I am headed to Jamaica for a week in February. I stopped wearing bikinis a long time ago just a one piece will do. :p
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    im in! im starting monday!!
    Crazypuppy you are very welcome Monday it is Be looking for you
    marie
    733895zl8k1fkhwd.gif

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Week 2 Weigh In stayed the same as last week...ugh well i'll take it over a gain. Have a good weekend everyone!
    SW 153.7
    CW 151.8
    GW 133

Cocol don't think I talk to you today. sorry, Thats is a pretty good lost in my book. Conrats
    marie

• Shirley61
    Options
    Hello again.
    Shirley
    I got up to -25 this morning Now it's -19 still cold.
    I have to go up to hospital to see a very sick friend they are not counting on her to pull out of it. But I'm still praying and holding to hope. Can't lose hope.

See you all lighter
    Dance dance and dance some more

Lin - So sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she pulls through. <3
    I lost my good friend this November and think of her often.
    Boy, your temperatures are cold. I know North Bay can get down to -40C. That was some
    of the temps from last year's cold snap.

• Shirley61
    Options

I will come back later.

Connie

Connie - I can't remember if I read The Thin Commandments but I did read
    Sugar, Salt and Fat and how the corporations are poisoning us with chemicals in processed food. That really opened my eyes.