20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Just read everyone's posts and this group so supportive and I love being here. Thank you Marie for starting this for us.

I just received my new DVD by Leslie Sasone in the mail. Walking with party songs and HIIT interval walking. Excited to try this out. It is a 3 mile walk.

Thanks ladies for the delicious recipes.
  • Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    SW 164
    CW 161
    GW by Easter 144

Down 2 lbs since my last weigh-in. Happy Saturday to everyone!
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Wow well done on the losses everyone!

I was hoping to go out for a walk today with my children, but its really cold, snowing and the ground is really slippery so we are staying indoors. I'm going to do some workout videos later when the children have gone to bed :)
  • MummyKate85
    Options
    eatless83 wrote: »
    2lbs down!!!

I started the challenge at 202lbs now I'm 200!!

I love to break into the 100s by next week!! Watch this space my friends :-)

Well done! I am 201lbs and hope to be in the 100s by next week too. We CAN do it! :smiley:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    mummykate with all of your walking you should not have any problem's of reaching onederland I know you can do it
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    To all the rest of us I did read your post And the exciting recipes and and your out pouring of support

I did not see any new members This morning except maybe one girl that gave us a blog
    s
    Marie
  • Mishitashin
    Options
    I just weighed myself and I am down 3 pounds! I'm so excited to see the progress. Since getting active and drinking water was my weaknesses I have done some simple easy things: park far in parking lots, walk in place during dishes, dance mopping and sweeping while cleaning (put on my jams and go!), and I drink lots of tea so I make sure that I have a huge cup of water with each one. I also keep in mind that this is PROGRESS not perfection. So I congratulate myself a lot and check in often! This group helps keep my mind on my goal! Thanks!
  • Mishitashin
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    elaine8505 wrote: »
    @Mishitashin - overnight oats in a jar is making flavored oatmeal without cooking.
    Basic recipe - use a 1 cup mason jar, add
    1/4 cup rolled oats
    1/3 cup milk
    1/4 cup greek yogurt
    1.5 tsp maple syrup or honey or agava
    1.5 tsp Chia seeds
    1/4 cup diced fruit or berries.
    Place lid on jar...shake to mix and place in fridge overnight...can be made up to 4 days in advance.
    I like vanilla so I use vanilla yogurt and vanilla rice milk. I have also experimented with flavors like apple and cinnamon, banana and cocoa.
    So fast to pull one out in the morning and eat on the run. I eat them cold but they can be heated too! They also fill me until lunch.
    Let me know if you try them and what flavor combinations you come up with.

Sounds interesting and very yummy. I will try it when I get to Phase 2 of my eating plan.
    Right now still on Phase 1 of South Beach to give myself a kick start.

Just did a screen of this! Thank you so much!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I just weighed myself and I am down 3 pounds! I'm so excited to see the progress. Since getting active and drinking water was my weaknesses I have done some simple easy things: park far in parking lots, walk in place during dishes, dance mopping and sweeping while cleaning (put on my jams and go!), and I drink lots of tea so I make sure that I have a huge cup of water with each one. I also keep in mind that this is PROGRESS not perfection. So I congratulate myself a lot and check in often! This group helps keep my mind on my goal! Thanks![/quote

Wonderful Mishi 3 lbls. fantastic.
    marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday Morning to everyone. Been a little slow getting started this morning. It is beautiful, sun shining brightly and not too cold.
    Just read all of your post and found them so encouraging and helpful. The recipes are great, thanks for sharing. Have not been able to do treadmill since Christmas as I did something to my knee. Will see sports medicine doctor Monday and hope to get some good news and be able to hit the treadmill soon. Have a great weekend and eat smart!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy110.gifThe first step for me on this complicated journey was to decide that losing weight was my number one priority and that something had to change and it was probably me. That made me willing to learn and try new ideas.

:D Dogs have been walked and soon a good friend will be here to go for a walk around the neighborhood ----yes, I am grateful daily for the good weather here and the great neighborhood I live in that makes daily walking possible, easy, and fun.

<3 Barbie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to get to this thread easily. I have been going to community-motivation and support-then finding Caliecat's Easter Challenge!!! There must be an easier way?
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Eyegirl-push the star right by the number of pages,at beginning of the page, then when you want to look at this thread push the star that is higher up next to little bell, that bookmarks the thread.
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies, just got in from work and have been catching up on all your posts. Thank you all for helping me stick with the program, your posts inspire me . Congratulation to all who have weighted in today and lost.
    eyegirl.... if there is an easier way to get to this thread I'd like to know about it too.
    Got a hill run planed for tomorrow morning. I haven't run since the 1st January so am really looking forward to getting out there , the weather forecast is snow showers and very cold so will have to wrap up warm. Hubby and granddaughter are going to walk the hills while I run so won't be on my own.
    Hope you all enjoy your weekend.
    Linda.
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yes Evegirl there is follow tru what you just describe and after you get it on the screen Click on the star button on the left hand top Of the page. and you can right click of that name and drop down will appear click on rename if you wish to shorten or change names. if you wish. I change my name is Easter just click on it on your favorite line and will take you there easy peasy East is all that shows up on mime but I know what it is Marie
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Update...officially down another pound! <3
    In our meeting this morning our wonderful leader talked about negative self talk and thoughts and how they can grow and fester preventing us from succeeding. Things like "I have too much to lose, I will never do it" or "I won't keep it off so why try". I am thankful that there is no negative vibes here! We may all have moments of doubt but do not let it take over! Stand tall and strong - the battle is in our heads not our bellies!

Alice
    SW 230
    CW 197
    GW 175
  • MummyKate85
    Options
    I just weighed myself and I am down 3 pounds! I'm so excited to see the progress. Since getting active and drinking water was my weaknesses I have done some simple easy things: park far in parking lots, walk in place during dishes, dance mopping and sweeping while cleaning (put on my jams and go!), and I drink lots of tea so I make sure that I have a huge cup of water with each one. I also keep in mind that this is PROGRESS not perfection. So I congratulate myself a lot and check in often! This group helps keep my mind on my goal! Thanks!

Wow, 3lbs off! Well done! You are doing great :)
  • MummyKate85
    Options
    gemfrire wrote: »
    Update...officially down another pound! <3
    In our meeting this morning our wonderful leader talked about negative self talk and thoughts and how they can grow and fester preventing us from succeeding. Things like "I have too much to lose, I will never do it" or "I won't keep it off so why try". I am thankful that there is no negative vibes here! We may all have moments of doubt but do not let it take over! Stand tall and strong - the battle is in our heads not our bellies!

Alice
    SW 230
    CW 197
    GW 175

Well done on your loss this week!
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to get to this thread easily. I have been going to community-motivation and support-then finding Caliecat's Easter Challenge!!! There must be an easier way?
    Thank you so much!
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Yes Evegirl there is follow tru what you just describe and after you get it on the screen Click on the star button on the left hand top Of the page. and you can right click of that name and drop down will appear click on rename if you wish to shorten or change names. if you wish. I change my name is Easter just click on it on your favorite line and will take you there easy peasy East is all that shows up on mime but I know what it is Marie
    Thanks Marie