20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    hEY EATLESS wonderful we will be rooting for you to reach Onederland [ is that what it is called} I get it mixed up. 2 lbs lost great.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    fixing to called it a day. time for bed. I counted 9 new members today, if I counted right.

good nite.
    marie. enjoy today posting . thanks to all for posting
  • Mishitashin
    Options
    Goodnight!
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT, Thanks for the welcome! I think I have found the thread I was hoping to find. I like the energy I feel when reading your posts.
    I will weigh in on Monday for my second week. Sure hope I see a minus!!! Good night.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Thanks Abakan, I really am proud and maybe alittle surprised that I have lost 50 in app 10 1/2 months, I count my calories and I really dont do very much exercise, I walked some when it was good weather in my neighborhood. I still drank beer on the weekend and ate mostly foods I did before just not as much of anything. I do eat more vegetables, but I already ate them. What I'm saying if I can do this you can too ,just take it day by day. When I started I would have never guess I would have lost so much, my husband is so proud of me, and I am too. You can do this!
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Hope everyone has a fabulous, on track weekend!! Stay strong!
  • elaine8505
    elaine8505 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @Mishitashin - overnight oats in a jar is making flavored oatmeal without cooking.
    Basic recipe - use a 1 cup mason jar, add
    1/4 cup rolled oats
    1/3 cup milk
    1/4 cup greek yogurt
    1.5 tsp maple syrup or honey or agava
    1.5 tsp Chia seeds
    1/4 cup diced fruit or berries.
    Place lid on jar...shake to mix and place in fridge overnight...can be made up to 4 days in advance.
    I like vanilla so I use vanilla yogurt and vanilla rice milk. I have also experimented with flavors like apple and cinnamon, banana and cocoa.
    So fast to pull one out in the morning and eat on the run. I eat them cold but they can be heated too! They also fill me until lunch.
    Let me know if you try them and what flavor combinations you come up with.
  • terpluver
    terpluver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    elaine8505 wrote: »
    @Mishitashin - overnight oats in a jar is making flavored oatmeal without cooking.
    1/4 cup rolled oats
    1/3 cup milk
    1/4 cup greek yogurt
    1.5 tsp Chia seeds
    Place lid on jar...shake to mix and place in fridge overnight...can be made up to 4 days in advance.
    I like vanilla so I use vanilla yogurt and vanilla rice milk. I have also experimented with flavors like apple and cinnamon, banana and cocoa.
    So fast to pull one out in the morning and eat on the run. I eat them cold but they can be heated too! They also fill me until lunch.

Elaine. I do the same thing!! My coworkers see my breakfast thru the mason jar and make gross faces. Okay with me I just tell them it's healthy!
  • terpluver
    Options
    eatless83 wrote: »
    2lbs down!!!

I started the challenge at 202lbs now I'm 200!!

I love to break into the 100s by next week!! Watch this space my friends :-)

Go Eatless Go!!
  • terpluver
    Options
    I have to tell you ladies about my crazy moment. I was talking out loud to my open refrigerator. Yes. Full on conversation. I have a strong willed 5 year old fantastic little girl. She was throwing a teetotal hissy fit and I found myself in auto pilot at the fridge. Out loud I was saying that the food wouldn't make the fit stop, you won't feel better, etc. My 15 yr old son walks by.. " yup Mom that won't do it, close the door!" Is he not awesome!! I like to think it was a good parenting moment about food somehow. Who knew a teenager could be my support??!!!
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks Terpluver and caliecat

Yep the 100s are beckoning for me!

Loving the recipe ideas everyone. I have a great veg chilli I will share with everyone and it's less than 150 calories and a GREAT tasty healthy dinner!

I will share shortly

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, losers! I hope the sun is shinning wherever you may be, and if it's not, that's okay because you are awake and ready to take on another glorious day!

No formal exercise for me today. YAY!! My body needs the rest. I'll probably do some housework and walk the dog to get steps in, though. Family dinner tonight...we're going out to celebrate my husbands b-day. I'm going to have the grilled shrimp and veggies with bread as my carb instead of wine. We are not having cake this year...DH is diabetic and the rest of us don't need it anyway!

Stay strong!
    Connie

• eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Vegetable Chili serves 12 (I usually freeze it and defrost in microwave/get it out of a morning) and less than 150 Calories per serving!!!

1 Red Pepper
    1 Green Pepper
    1 Yellow Pepper
    1.5 Medium Courgette
    800g of Tined Toms
    2 Onions
    2 Cans of Red Kidney beans(drained)
    1 Can of baked beans
    5 Sticks of celery
    2 Cans of Garbanzo Beans (only because I can't get anything else where I live) (drained)
    2 Cups of Mushrooms
    Mexican Seasoning
    Red Chilli (amount depending on how hot you can take it!
    Dash of olive oil

Very simple method...add all ingredients and cook!

Cook for about 30 minutes or until its at your preferred consistency!

If you have spare calories for the day, put the chili into a tortilla wrap sprinkle cheese and put in the oven to brown!

This meal is one of my staples and never fails to disappoint!

Enjoy my friends!
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Great morning everyone! Off for a full day of pampering...hair (goodbye gray) and mani/pedi with weigh in somewhere in the middle! My fickled home scales show me either staying the same or down just over a pound! I think it might be time to invest in a new set of scales!
    Have a great Saturday and I love the recipes! My DH does the cooking around here so I will have to share that chili recipe.

Welcome sunshine! <3
  • AWordyGirly
    AWordyGirly Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea :-) I'm blogging about my weight loss journey if you'd like to check it out - https://awordygirly.wordpress.com/. Also feel free to add me :-)
  • Mishitashin
    Options
    Woke up this morning and went right outside with the dogs to kick off the day completing 2000 steps! Then got right here to get my mind right for the day! Have a good one everybody!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    good morning I am having my first cup of coffee and read all the latest posting. Must say I sure do like theses recipes That I
    have been reading. Be back shortly going get dress get my fit bit on and have breakfast
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    What is the "thin commandments?" Interested'

Mishitashin- The Thin Commandments is a book you can get on a Kindle. Or paperback.
    Now that I think about it I have read that book. It gives you tips on getting your weight off and strategies to use.
    I must reread it again. Try and see if it will help you. Educating yourself on your health.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    elaine8505 wrote: »
    1/4 cup rolled oats
    1/3 cup milk
    1/4 cup greek yogurt
    1.5 tsp Chia seeds

Sounds interesting and very yummy. I will try it when I get to Phase 2 of my eating plan.
    Right now still on Phase 1 of South Beach to give myself a kick start.
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks Shirley for ansering Mishi question. and thank you
    for the nice comment I think this is what I have been needing to get me on track.And Thank you for being a loyal friend for the past 4 or 5 years.

my eye sight is not too good this morning Hope they clear up as the day go along; Think this is what I been needing to get and stay on track.
    I do believe I need to take a rest from all of this reading and typing for A WHILE A bUT I will be back