20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a newbie here. I have just lost 45 over the last 24 months and have 15-20 left I'm very willing to help and be helped on this journey.
    Welcome Trish this is a very supported group. We are all fairly new to each other I do have a few friends who follow me here and just love'em.
    And making new friends here daily. really nice folks here.my name is Marie and I started this thread I am 84 years of age . I can't type or spell very good.
    So you are new to MFP if you need any help just let us know.
    Welcome

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    ]

Ahh Im waiting for mine to be delivered - im sooo excited!![/quote]

I fell of the grid this weekend. I didnt even sync my fitbitzip... so this morning I said im going to get up workout and get something done.. only to find out not only did I forget to take my fitbit zip off my bra I washed and and dryed it!!

Thankfully it still works.[/quote]

I have been afraid of that. trying to be real careful about it I am so happy yours is still working for you must be water proof.

Marie

Make good food choice today.

• sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive notes Marie and Connie I'll just have to be extra careful this week to make good healthy choices food wise to make up for the weekend!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sparkle - I have a hard time in the summer when cruising on our boat and all the social activities we have like club dinners and cruising parties. Just pick yourself up and start again the next day. Be mindful of what you are eating and drinking is all I can say. We all do this, so tomorrow is another day.
    -
    Up early today and got my haircut this morning. Picked up a coffee and gassed the car
    for the week. Now doing laundry and will get my HIIT exercise in with Leslie Sasone.

Have a good week everyone !

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Decided to head to the beach Saturday to hit the tail end of razor clamming for a bit. The weather was magnificent, but not so good for clamming. I did get in about 4 hours of walking and stomping around in the sand accomplished, but only found one lowly but yummy clam!

Today was weigh~ in day for me:

SW. 147
    CW. 140 (2.5 lbs this week! )
    GW. 120

This gives me 10 pounds overall and 7 pounds for our Easter challenge. Yea!

Everyone is doing so GREAT! Off to begin another successful week!

Tami ~ Pac NW
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie gave me a good tip this morning. had t give up my carbs for it tho But well worth it Only 100 calorie per muffin/
    Thanks Connie

Marie
  • BJRDmom
    BJRDmom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I am down 7 pounds towards my goal of 20 before Easter. 10 weeks to go until Easter Monday. Just have to lose 1.3 lbs per week to get-er-done:-)

I want to live the healthiest life I can enjoy.That means eating treats from time to time but logging it and asking myself if the treat is worth the calories before consuming it. Sometimes it will be worth the calories and at other times it won't. If I lose 20 by Easter you can be sure that a little chocolate will be consumed (and logged).

Diane - Ottawa
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    BJRDmom wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,
    I am down 7 pounds towards my goal of 20 before Easter. 10 weeks to go until Easter Monday. Just have to lose 1.3 lbs per week to get-er-done:-)

I want to live the healthiest life I can enjoy.That means eating treats from time to time but logging it and asking myself if the treat is worth the calories before consuming it. Sometimes it will be worth the calories and at other times it won't. If I lose 20 by Easter you can be sure that a little chocolate will be consumed (and logged).

Diane - Ottawa

Atta girl ..... So positive about it. you have got the right attitude Thanks for telling us Congrats
    Marie on the 7 lbs. lost. great job Happy for you.

• BJRDmom
    BJRDmom Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Atta girl ..... So positive about it. you have got the right attitude Thanks for telling us Congrats
    Marie on the 7 lbs. lost. great job Happy for you.

[/quote]
    Thank's for the encouragement Marie :-)

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good day. Congrats to all of you that lost weight this weigh in.
    To the ones who had a tough weekend, this is a new week so just press in and press on.
    Nancy in MS
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Success is inspirational.....disaster is educational A day of bad food choices is an opportunity to learn what to do next time.

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

:D I have spent a lot of time on the exercise bike watching my recordings of the US figure skating championships.

<3 Barbie

• ldavislamer
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! I stuck to my plan so far today. It is beautiful outside here in Kansas 75 crazy for January!! Even though I already did my exercise today (aerobics) I think I will take the dog for a walk and burn a few extra calories! Live is good!
  • MsLadyPirate
    MsLadyPirate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well my plan went out the window, but I still managed to stay within my 1200 calories. I don't know how that happened, but I will accept it and try to eat better (healthier) tomorrow.
    I want to go out tonight to dance, but I hate driving in the rain at night. So I guess I'll stay home and work on my Swedish Weaving project. Keeping my hands busy keeps me from snacking.
  • hapyfaces2
    hapyfaces2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to the challenge! Excited to be here.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hapyfaces2 wrote: »
    Hi I am new to the challenge! Excited to be here.

Wwlcome hapyfaces I thought you been here before. but never the less Welcome glad to have you here
    Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    We do have a birthday tomorrow Happy Birthday Dean
    493338pw37m860mi.gif
    hope you have a good one
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well my plan went out the window, but I still managed to stay within my 1200 calories. I don't know how that happened, but I will accept it and try to eat better (healthier) tomorrow.
    I want to go out tonight to dance, but I hate driving in the rain at night. So I guess I'll stay home and work on my Swedish Weaving project. Keeping my hands busy keeps me from snacking.
    That is a good attitude ms lady pirate you can do it.
    marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! I stuck to my plan so far today. It is beautiful outside here in Kansas 75 crazy for January!! Even though I already did my exercise today (aerobics) I think I will take the dog for a walk and burn a few extra calories! Live is good!

Good for you LDavis Don't know what it was here today but it was a good one.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    Success is inspirational.....disaster is educational A day of bad food choices is an opportunity to learn what to do next time.

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

:D I have spent a lot of time on the exercise bike watching my recordings of the US figure skating championships.

<3 Barbie
    etting pleasure while you exercise A good way to go. Wonderful
    marie

• melissaamooney
    melissaamooney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just saw this board, and am willing to start again.
    Sounds very motivating. I've been on here before and I know it works when you're willing to be accountable.

Start weight: 243 lbs ~ 1/26/2015
    20 lbs is a good start
    I'm going to take this in 10% increments
    That would be 218.7 lbs
    Eventual goal weight of 160 lbs

Would be 83 lbs to lose.
    :) (*) ~~~Melissa