20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »
    Wow. I missed one day and there were over 100 posts. What a group! Thanks Marie for starting this group and keeping up with all of us.

So I weigh myself everyday. My weighin day was Tue. But there wasn't any weight loss but this morning...tada down 1.6 Yay

SW 181
    CW 178.2
    1st GW 160

Congrats, Sunny! I weigh everyday, too, and log it on an app called Happy Scale.... It's pretty cool!
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers and new people!
    Geez... This thread is growing by leaps and bounds!
    Marie... hats off to you for keeping tabs on it! Laughing about your comment about losing as many pounds as we have members
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    ape114073 wrote: »
    I would like to know more about one one one diet. I dont like saying diet so lets think of another word. 8) anyway I would like to lose 30 pounds by july.

I hate the word diet, too! It's more like a strategy and the author calls it that. You have one carb, one protein, and one fat at each meal..3 meals/2 snacks.

Marie is on it and got me interested so I owe this all to her! The name of the book is The One One One Diet by Rania Batayneh. Marie and I both downloaded it on Kindle. I ended up buying the hard copy as well. It just makes sense. No elimination of any food groups and no special food.

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Connie told me she would considered open up a a thread o he discussion of the 1-1-1- book if anyone interested. She understand the book more than I do and has been a big help to me . Would you like to see a discussion on the book.? For more information on a samole plan let me know and will send a link for you by Pm
    marie

marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I would like to know more about one one one diet. I dont like saying diet so lets think of another word. 8) anyway I would like to lose 30 pounds by july.

Ape I sent you a link by Pm to get a sample plan of the 1-1-1- plan.

marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    conatser9 wrote: »
    I'm in
    SW: 180
    GW: 160
    Donna

donna I think I missed you But do want to welcome you to our group/ So glad you join us.
    733895zl8k1fkhwd.gif
    Marie

• CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options

I hate the word diet, too! It's more like a strategy and the author calls it that. You have one carb, one protein, and one fat at each meal..3 meals/2 snacks.

Marie is on it and got me interested so I owe this all to her! The name of the book is The One One One Diet by Rania Batayneh. Marie and I both downloaded it on Kindle. I ended up buying the hard copy as well. It just makes sense. No elimination of any food groups and no special food.

Connie

Don't know what happen to my post but I will try again. Connie I found an interest on the 1-1-1-plan web site this morning by accident . I click on Press it brought up woman world magazine the click on it and it brought up as sample plan of the 1-1-1- plan menu.. now I would never eat a donut for breakfast for I know I would not stop at one not tis early in the game maybe further down the line a lot further.. now the hamburger I would...... in fact maybe for lunch.
    I do want to Thank you for all of your help. On this group. and to me.
    <3<3 I made me a copy of it
    Marie

• gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Goodness...this group is growing! Welcome all and good morning!
    Had a good week so far but tomorrow will tell when I weigh in. But got so many comments on my weight loss yesterday...was even called skinny! Ha - nice to hear but far from it! Such motivation. And the sun is out and a three day weekend - perfect!
    Remember you may not have much but smiles are free and everyone could use one!
    Alice

SW 230
    CW 198
    GW 175
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    SW 192
    CW 183
    GW 163

Jan 2 - 183.6
    Jan 9- 180.4
    Jan16- 179.4

EATLESS83 - There is no sheet to enter here. There are two threads for 20 pounds until Easter. This thread has been started by Marie. The one you want is called 10 pounds before Valentines day. That was the old 20 pounds before Christmas with a spreadsheet. There may be another one if so, I don't know what it is.

Good Morning Losers!

I have lost 1 pound this week. Back to my South Beach Plan and it is working.
    I ordered a new book and it arrived this week. My book looks like it has been put through
    the mill.

Our weather today is 27F but I will bundle up and go for a walk today.

Good luck to everyone!

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

• LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Marie
    Thanks for the welcome back and glad to be back.
    I dance to music on u tube. Like dancing to the newfie stomp. You move.
    Would sure be nice to get out of the 18'S and pull out the 16"s or even the to tigh 18"s as I won't wear tight I like comfort in my clothes.

Shirley
    I'm four hours North of North Bay in Cochrane.

Caresshudson
    I threw out a lot of those rolling panties. Man those are annoying.

Sparkle
    Nice loss great exercise.

As for me I was at 210 when I joined you girls that was on the wii.
    This morning I'm at 107 so that isn't the best but a loss is a loss.
    See you all lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario
    Now let's all dance to the Newfie stomp

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Tank you connie. I found something of interest this morning/ I went to their web site and click on press and it brought up Woman world magazine and click on it and it brought me to a sample diet of the book. now I would never eat a donut for breakfast for I know I would not stop at one maybe further on down the road. a lot further But the hamburger I could really go far. in fact I may cook one for lunch. Thanks for all of your help.
    <3 Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Tank you connie. I found something of interest this morning/ I went to their web site and click on press and it brought up Woman world magazine and click on it and it brought me to a sample diet of the book. now I would never eat a donut for breakfast for I know I would not stop at one maybe further on down the road. a lot further But the hamburger I could really go far. in fact I may cook one for lunch. Thanks for all of your help.
    <3 Marie

Marie - I have hamburger and soup on my eating plan. I don't use the word diet either. :)

Lin (Northern Ontario) You are way up there in the North. How is your weather today?

Connie and Marie - Your plan is peaking my interest. I will continue on my plan but if I don't see some better results I may switch it up. Or wait until the next challenge.

Shirley

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    :D I have always known what to eat and how many calories to eat but still couldn't get the weight off and keep it off. The hard part is finding out how to stay with your plan whatever it is . There are no magic foods or magic food plans,

A book I read that really helped me is "The Thin Commandments Diet"...it has a food plan but most important it has a wealth of information about how to stay on your plan and not be sidelined by stress, family, pushy friends, discouragement and all the other things that get in the way.

:D Someone told me that I have great willpower. I learned from the book that "Strategy is stronger than willpower". I have a strategy for every food event and I use it.

:D Now I'm off to walk my dogs for about 90 minutes, then get cleaned up and dressed and go teach my beginner line dance class. Sparkle and LinC and I (and some of the rest of you, but I forget who) all know that dancing is a great way to burn calories and get happier.

<3 Barbie
  • ilona13
    ilona13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If it's not too late, can I join you? I'm trying to lose the last 20 lbs of baby weight, my son is almost 2.5 and I'm still carrying weight from my last pregnancy. Tried on and off but always failed, I just can't seem to resist chocolate. Hopefully this time I will stick to it.

SW: 148
    CW: 148
    GW: 130
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley you have no reasons to change, SBD is definite working for you. No matter what diet you are on Barbie said it right. "Strategy is stronger than willpower". """"" have a strategy for every food event and I use it."""""' I for sure need to practice this more
    I am not pushing the one one one plan. but it is working for me. But still have a lot to learn
    and I think it is good to discuss the difference. Plans that are available to us.
    <3 Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    ilona13 wrote: »
    If it's not too late, can I join you? I'm trying to lose the last 20 lbs of baby weight, my son is almost 2.5 and I'm still carrying weight from my last pregnancy. Tried on and off but always failed, I just can't seem to resist chocolate. Hopefully this time I will stick to it.

SW: 148
    CW: 148
    GW: 130
    no never too late to join us in our Easter Challenge So glad you join up wish us. lets get if off this time for good.
    Marie

733895zl8k1fkhwd.gif

• LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Hello again.
    Shirley
    I got up to -25 this morning Now it's -19 still cold.
    I have to go up to hospital to see a very sick friend they are not counting on her to pull out of it. But I'm still praying and holding to hope. Can't lose hope.

See you all lighter
    Dance dance and dance some more
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Lin that is what I called Cold. stay warm/
    Marie
  • MsLadyPirate
    MsLadyPirate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Sorry I have not posted for awhile, I just got home from 10 days of cleaning up the home of my daughter's partner. She died on the 4th of January. She was a hoarder, and had lived this way for all of her life. She had lived in her home for 20 years when she died. My daughter, who is mentally and physically disabled, had lived with her for the past 7 1/2 years, so I had to not only clean up the mess but move my daughter to an assisted living apartment. I certainly got my exercise by packing, lifting, and carrying, bags, boxes, furniture, and just plain stuff and junk from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm every day for the past 10 days. most of the stuff went to the trash dumpsters, some went to Good Will, and some went to my daughter's new apartment. The woman's family members swooped in took everything that had any value whatsoever, and left the mess. I couldn't believe that anyone would do that but they did. I am exhausted, but I did loose 2.6 lbs! Anyway I am back for a while, have to go back again to move the bigger furniture next week. At least I will have help this time from my DH.
    Sorry for the rant.
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I haven't been on either :( sorry. I had a slight gain over Christmas and then hurt myself pretty badly. Just now I am getting back to normal. I was on pain medication that I was told would cause "backup" (sorry Tmi). I am starting excersizes again today and should show a loss next week

Eta before Christmas 185 current 188