reboot with Juicing fast

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    redheaddee wrote: »
    scubamaja wrote: »
    So anybody actually has experience with juicing? I see a lot of opinions, but not 1 with experience. So if somebody has a question please feel free to contact me, I am more than happy to share my experience. For everybody else, good luck with your own battle.

Oh wait...read back...I do believe I stated that I have done this before. It doesn't work. Once a day for breakfast: just fine. All day, everyday: not fine. As it seems you only want to hear from those who will tell you how wonderful this is and pat you on the head and tell you you're pretty, might I suggest searching the groups. Because the general public here thinks this is not healthy and is not going to as for your "experience".

Eat less, move more. It's not rocket science.

Juicing didn't work for me either. It actually increased my hunger and set off my migraines. I'm also reactive hypoglycemic and it played havoc on my system as well.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Wghat do you think how many nutrition you'll take with a hot dog? You just don't know what you don't know.

Actually, I eat Applegate Farms hotdogs. They are very nutritious. I wonder where you get your protein and healthy fats while juicing?

Avocados, Nuts, seeds and protein based plants

If you're juicing nuts, seeds, and "protein based plants", then aren't you removing the proteins along with the fiber?
  • scubamaja
    scubamaja Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Wghat do you think how many nutrition you'll take with a hot dog? You just don't know what you don't know.

Actually, I eat Applegate Farms hotdogs. They are very nutritious. I wonder where you get your protein and healthy fats while juicing?

Protein based plants???

yepp, google it

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/high-protein-vegetables
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    You have livers and kidneys that detox your body. If you need a detox, you need an MD, not a juice fast.

As has already been covered, that documentary is a propaganda piece meant to scare the people that won't actually research anything. Nothing more.

too...funny. Do you think that if you constantly drink alcohol and eat processed food and shovel mcdonalds and taco bell in your belly, your liver and kidneys will be able to detox all the toxics & chemicals in your body? Absolutely not. You getting sick, take medication for the liver which has an effect on other organs and you need another pill. Great- now you are in the medical mouse wheel- the doctor has you for live and you are his money pig. Do you think that all the side effects of medication are healthy and will extend your life? What exactly let you think that? Why do you think that people who are eating mostly raw food have proof records of a long healthy live? Juicing/Detoxing/rebooting is not a new trend, It has been around for a very long time. My grandma used to do that. So far I just see nobody here who have experience with juicing to share. But everybody seems to have an opinion..lol

Grandma and her generation also smoked cigarettes and drank whiskey during pregnancy. Is that still OK too?

Your argument is not valid.
    Wow your grandma must be wild! We talking about juicing, stay focused.

I...I...I can't even. You stated juicing was OK because Grandma did it. My argument was that Grandma and her generation also smoked cigarettes and drank whiskey during pregnancy. How is this off topic to you?

Still waiting on your other references...
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    anyone who would like to be notified when OP's follow-up thread, titled "i stopped juicing and am now gaining. plz help" goes live can sign up by emailing info@myfitnesspal.com.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    @scubamaja As an adult, you are free to take as foolish of a path with your life as you wish. Believing that movie and basing your intake on its concepts is a foolish path. I'll stick with science and leave wild diet plans that fail any scrutiny to you.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    troll-alert-o.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    You have livers and kidneys that detox your body. If you need a detox, you need an MD, not a juice fast.

As has already been covered, that documentary is a propaganda piece meant to scare the people that won't actually research anything. Nothing more.

too...funny. Do you think that if you constantly drink alcohol and eat processed food and shovel mcdonalds and taco bell in your belly, your liver and kidneys will be able to detox all the toxics & chemicals in your body? Absolutely not. You getting sick, take medication for the liver which has an effect on other organs and you need another pill. Great- now you are in the medical mouse wheel- the doctor has you for live and you are his money pig. Do you think that all the side effects of medication are healthy and will extend your life? What exactly let you think that? Why do you think that people who are eating mostly raw food have proof records of a long healthy live? Juicing/Detoxing/rebooting is not a new trend, It has been around for a very long time. My grandma used to do that. So far I just see nobody here who have experience with juicing to share. But everybody seems to have an opinion..lol

Grandma and her generation also smoked cigarettes and drank whiskey during pregnancy. Is that still OK too?

You're the one that brought up grandmothers and what people did 100 and 1000 years ago.

(To note: 100 years ago was World War I so I don't think trying to use that as part of your argument is a good idea.)
  • scubamaja
    Options
    So anybody actually has experience with juicing? I see a lot of opinions, but not 1 with experience. So if somebody has a question please feel free to contact me, I am more than happy to share my experience. For everybody else, good luck with your own battle.

Oh wait...read back...I do believe I stated that I have done this before. It doesn't work. Once a day for breakfast: just fine. All day, everyday: not fine. As it seems you only want to hear from those who will tell you how wonderful this is and pat you on the head and tell you you're pretty, might I suggest searching the groups. Because the general public here thinks this is not healthy and is not going to as for your "experience".

Juicing didn't work for me either. It actually increased my hunger and set off my migraines. I'm also reactive hypoglycemic and it played havoc on my system as well.

No, You assuming wrong. I ask for other people experience in juicing, thats all. Im sorry that juicing did not worked for you. Unfortunately" Eat less, move more" doesn't work so simple, not for me.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    troll-alert-o.gif

What gave it away? Was it the references to a debunked movie or the concept of a "reboot"?
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    At 2-3 grams of protein per serving, how many servings of these veggies are you eating per day to maintain even the minimum recommended protein per day? And if you are juicing these veggies, then how much of that protein do you think is retained?
  • PikaKnight
    edited January 2015
    Options

Protein based plants???

yepp, google it

From women's health magazine. Okay then. :laugh: I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Anyways, I looked and you'd be hard pressed to get in more than minimum (absolute minimum) with just those listed. Unless you are eating really really large amounts.
  • scubamaja
    Options

You're the one that brought up grandmothers and what people did 100 and 1000 years ago.

(To note: 100 years ago was World War I so I don't think trying to use that as part of your argument is a good idea.)

you need to read the messages right, you are mistaking. BTW-I am way older...lol
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

No, You assuming wrong. I ask for other people experience in juicing, thats all. Im sorry that juicing did not worked for you. Unfortunately" Eat less, move more" doesn't work so simple, not for me.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have in our presence, a rare, shiny unicorn!

Unless you have a medical condition you are not sharing, eat less move more works for EVERYONE.

I'm out. The level of ignorance is well past my fill for the day.

• scubamaja
    Options
    Thank you all for you opinions, I appreciate all. Good luck, whatever journey you'll take. You are in charge! You are in control!
  • PikaKnight
    edited January 2015
    Options

Except you are eating less. It doesn't matter if you juice, cut carbs, etc. You have to eat less than your maintenance tdee. That's science.

ETA: And that was my experience. Because it wasn't a good one it's not relevant? Seriously?
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    If you think that people had Juicemaster 1000000s 1000 years ago, you're mistaken. If you'd like to go that route, people ate fruits, veg, nuts, seeds, and meat 1000 years ago. Complete with fiber and protein.

If you want to do this because Joe Cross said so, that's your prerogative. But don't spread misinformation to justify your decision.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

you need to read the messages right, you are mistaking. BTW-I am way older...lol

Pretty sure a 100 years ago still means 100 years ago regardless how old you are. Time doesn't change because you are older than me. It doesn't make 100 years from now any more or less than yours because I'm younger.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Protein based plants???

yepp, google it

A cup of peas has 21 grams of carbs to 8 grams of protein so it's carb based.
    Spinach has 1.1 grams of carbs to .9 grams of protein so it's carb based.
    Potato (barely a vegetable but i'll play) 37 grams of carbs to 4 grams of protein so carb based.

Do I need to go farther?

• thecraftinista
    thecraftinista Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Protein based plants???

yepp, google it

From women's health magazine. Okay then. :laugh: I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Anyways, I looked and you'd be hard pressed to get in more than minimum (absolute minimum) with just those listed. Unless you are eating really really large amounts.

She may have googled it but didn't bother to read the "Something important to keep in mind: "Plant proteins are 'incomplete'"