Geeks need support too! Fandoms Unite!!

Options

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread really blew up!

All the new nerds can feel free to add me. I'm into all things PC, just got a Xbone controller for my computer and I love it! The new D-pad especially lol. Big improvement over the Xbox 360 controller.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Harry Potter fandom member right here. Seriously pissed I still haven't gotten my freaking letter to Hogwarts. Although I've always liked the series, I've only recently decided to become a geek about it and embrace my love of the wizarding world - my weight loss goal rewards is now a HP tattoo :)

I honestly don't get to watch much TV (working my way slowly through Vampire Diaries right now when I run on the treadmill) as kids don't really allow for adult TV time...so not really any other fandoms. I just listen to a crapton of audiobooks.

Me too!! What are you getting? Here's mine (not sure where yet):

u20bkuyhw5xs.jpg
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Comic book geek right here! I stay in shape for cosplaying reasons when I go to comic conventions.
  • sandralynn0000
    Options
    Def Gamer/Geek/Nerd....Spend all my spare time playing games/reading/tv/movies.....I've been gaming since Atari came out, my boys grew up playing games....we all had to share the nintendo, xbox, etc.

Gained tons of weight due to my gym closing (I swam), an injury in August, retired in January and now no motivation to get off couch.

I would love some game/geek/nerd friends....
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Any of you also into punk, hardcore, death metal or metal?

I've been attending punk and hardcore and metal shows since '86.

Yessir. I'm about your age and went to a lot of arena rock/metal shows in the '80s (Ratt, Iron Maiden, Metallica, KISS, etc.) as a teenager and then underground club stuff through the '90s when I was a little older. Played in a buncha metal/punk bands too. We had a very active local scene with a supportive college radio station and lots of touring bands coming through, so it was a lot of fun.

Contemporary stuff in the genre - my tastes run to the more melodic side, like the Scandinavian death metal (Dark Tranquillity, etc.) and power metal.

Naked Raygun was a good band too ;)

Edit- looking at the record you posted. I saw Crummy Musicians, Plaid Retina, and the Offspring (early in their career, pre-hits) at local dives. Jawbreaker was supposed to play, but came to town and refused to do the show because it wasn't all-ages. This was Lubbock, Texas.
  • agentmelindamay
    agentmelindamay Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Big fan of this thread :D I am super geeky- mostly in the form of TV/books/films. My main fandoms are:
    - Doctor Who
    - Harry Potter
    - Sherlock
    - all things Marvel (hence the username)
    - all things Joss (especially Buffy and Firefly)
    And probably lots more I shan't bore you with. If any fellow geeky peeps want to add me that would be fantastic.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Hello Thread....I will be visiting you later and surround myself with all the geek within.
  • KaylobD09
    KaylobD09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I myself am a Saiyan Jedi Elf Wizard SuperWhoLock, as is my wife. Also enjoy the Divergent series, the Mortal Instruments and the Hunger Games. I think that covers them all.

Also a big football fan. Who Dey and Go Blue.

We like to game when we can on 360. Can't always keep up to date with current games but we try. Wanting to get Shadow of Mordor and Far Cry 4 soon.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I would loooove to go to a Con but I have no one to go with

I go to cons all the time! There's tons of people that go it alone. Even if someone isn't into comics or mangas, etc, take them along. I didn't care for any of that the first two cons I went to. But then I started grabbing a few books, and after a wizard world and seeing all the great costumes, I was hooked!
  • ClaireTonito
    ClaireTonito Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What is still classified as nerdy these days?! The amount of shows I'm attempting to watch is a bit on the ridiculous side of things, falling behind on a lot and more shows keep coming out >.<

Supernatural forever! Pig N a Poke :wink:

Doctor Who (David T will always be my doctor though-he got a special recognition this week at the National Television awards in the UK and he didn't have a clue about it bless him!) :blush:

Constantine, Black Sails, Penny Dreadful, The Walking Dead, Archer, Vampire Diaries, Game of Thrones, Hannibal, Z-Nation, American Horror Story(except season 3 that was bit crap to be fair),

Just about to start Gotham, Sherlock, Marco Polo, Vikings, The Leftovers....I'm not gonna list the rest. I've a looooot of time on my hands :smiley:
  • j_bark
    edited January 2015
    Options
    31159_700b.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    just banged out some chest & tris! it's supposed to snow this weekend! WOOT! I hope I get snowed in so I can get some quality PS4 and Wii U time in. that backlog isn't going to play itself!!
    also...tomorrow is leg day. not gonna want to move after that.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Yessir. I'm about your age and went to a lot of arena rock/metal shows in the '80s (Ratt, Iron Maiden, Metallica, KISS, etc.) as a teenager and then underground club stuff through the '90s when I was a little older. Played in a buncha metal/punk bands too. We had a very active local scene with a supportive college radio station and lots of touring bands coming through, so it was a lot of fun.

Contemporary stuff in the genre - my tastes run to the more melodic side, like the Scandinavian death metal (Dark Tranquillity, etc.) and power metal.

Edit- looking at the record you posted. I saw Crummy Musicians, Plaid Retina, and the Offspring (early in their career, pre-hits) at local dives. Jawbreaker was supposed to play, but came to town and refused to do the show because it wasn't all-ages. This was Lubbock, Texas.

That's awesome. I've seen Jawbreaker many times. I also saw Offspring (pre-hits) when they toured with Econochrist (still one of my fave bands) early 90s at a garage in Milwaukee suburb. Loved to have seen Plaid Retina too. Lookout records for a while was the epicenter of that scene. Safe to say with out Lookout, Green Day would not be rock -n-roll hall-in-fame (Still.. really?)

Oh and Clutch played in my basement in Madison, WI with Four Walls Falling in 1992. The Smart Studios house (Butch Vig) was right behind ours and met many bands. L7 was one of the more memorable.

Two of my first shows were the Exploited and MDC.
  • Qorvus
    Qorvus Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Book, Comic, Headbanger Geek. Haven't had much time for video games since my kids were born :neutral_face: But they'll soon be old enough to play with me! :smiley:
    Looking for friends for motivation and support.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

I'm more on the melodic side too:
    In Flames (even the newer stuff)
    Soilwork
    Insomnium
    Dark Tranquillity
    Scar Symmetry
    Nocturnal Rites
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Former SOW player, WoW (currently on break) and huge SciFi fan (working on my own first SciFi novel right now). Feel free to add me :)
  • beckerkra
    beckerkra Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If my profile pic isn't an indicator of my geekdom, then I dunno what is ^_^ Any in this thread feel free to add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Anyone is free to add me! I love to read (see the username), I play WoW, Skyrim, Rift, and Aion... and the Sims-- don't judge ;) I've also recently gotten into Sherlock & Supernatural. I have Doctor Who on my Netflix queue, but am waiting until I have time to marathon watch it!
  • j_bark
    Options
    Hi. Jason. Geek and <3 fellow geeks. I am happy to connect to all of you humans. If I find time, I will send out FR. If not feel free to send one my way.

Browncoat
    Wheel of Time
    LotR (and by default LOTRO)
    Star Wars
    .mud
    Marvel > DC
    Thor
    Dr. Strange

simon-pegg.png
  • rodriuezbl
    rodriuezbl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge nerd! I go to Comic-con every year!! Last year I met and hugged and he pecked me on the cheek, BRENT SPINER!!! Star trek Star Wars kind of girl!