Thinking of "starting today"? You might want to check this out - pics inside!

Options

Replies

• slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I don't really read guys success stories cause I don't relate....but Omw do I relate to you!! thanks so much for sharing. You are a star.
  • jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Amazing transformation! Boy, can I relate to the "I spent 10 years starting tomorrow" statement. I spent more time analyzing and thinking about "what diet should I do" than actually DOING anything! Seeing your story and others that are similar it lets me know it can be done with good ol' calorie counting and moving more! Thank you for the inspiration! Congrats again - nice job! (*)
  • ty_palmer09
    Options
    I have had several I'll start Monday or tomorrows and I have been at it for a week now. Just have to keep going want to see 199 on the scale for the first time in I can't remember when.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm so glad I came upon this! I loved seeing more pics. You look phoneomenal and you have always been an inspiration to me on MFP. (now we just have to get you to shave,haha :# )
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    (now we have to get you to shave,haha :# )

Haha - I KNOW!! I work from home so sometimes that gets a bit neglected... :smile:
  • mg_adina
    mg_adina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • jrjumpshot
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. This goes farther than you can imagine it. I just showed this to a few of my family members that needed a little kick in the butt to get them going. Hopefully, this was it. Thank you!
  • victoriaalice40
    Options
    you are such an inspiration! I love your post, thank you.
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Nice of you all to say - thanks. Maybe it's selfish but thinking that I've been able to help anyone at all makes me feel good.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Don't start tomorrow. I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today.

LOVE this. I started today (again).
  • betstoo
    betstoo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Beyond awesome!!
  • CraigShift
    CraigShift Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What a great story and Transformation, you got your life back. Congrats and what an inspiration.
  • Brender123
    Brender123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! thanks for sharing
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.
  • bigsisv
    bigsisv Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    One more "progression" pic that I forgot to post... You've gone from 'father' to 'son'. Well done.
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Thanks - those pics are all a bit awkward. I still haven't figured out this whole "selfie" thing. Haha.
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just don't ever quit. Ever. Don't start tomorrow. I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today.

Your pictures are awesome, but let me tell you, the words above made me cry. I've been "starting tomorrow" for a long time, but over the past few weeks I started slowly, and Monday was the day I decided to use MFP and turn this effort up a few notches. I really just can't stop crying. Thank you for this.

• ewhip17
    edited January 2015
    Options
    SandyCoils wrote: »
    Just don't ever quit. Ever. Don't start tomorrow. I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today.

Your pictures are awesome, but let me tell you, the words above made me cry. I've been "starting tomorrow" for a long time, but over the past few weeks I started slowly, and Monday was the day I decided to use MFP and turn this effort up a few notches. I really just can't stop crying. Thank you for this.

Go get it!

Think about where you'll be in a year - 12 months go by in all of our lives so quickly. Don't get to the end of the year and have to say "I wonder where I'd be if I'd stuck with it?". I did that every year...

Starting slowly is perfectly fine - you've got time to figure out what works for you and what doesn't.
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options

The thing is, it IS possible. If you can set reasonable goals (I far exceeded even my stretch goals), accept that there are no excuses, understand that you will have bad days, and be prepared to be brutally honest with yourself about your actions and decisions, it is absolutely possible. Just don't ever quit. Ever. Don't start tomorrow. I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today.

I had a bad day yesterday and was feeling a bit sorry for myself and a bit scared this morning. I clicked your link, read this, and IMMEDIATELY felt reassured and ok.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

(((((((((I am giving you a big hug right now))))))))))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!