Hello from NJ - what happened to me?!

Hi All,

I am Melinda and joined today to lose 35 lbs, eat healthier and get fit! All suggestions welcomed...at home exercise, recipes, etc.

Thank you and Good Luck to us All

Replies

• ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Hi Melinda, I am Larry and in NJ too. I am looking to lose 30+ pounds too. I am new and looking for a few friends too.
  • tbunnyshy
    tbunnyshy Posts: 6 Member
    Hello Melinda & Larry. I'm a Jersey girl. I've been working on myself since September. Lost 34 lbs. I've been at a standstill since thanksgiving but it doesn't stop me. Gotta keep going! Even if you're not losing weight, you're firming up. Good luck! Keep going with me!
  • Hi ya....I'm a Jersey Girl as well who is working on her journey. Taking it day by day and setting small goals.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    "from NJ.." pretty much answers the question, doesn't it?
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Hey my Jersey friends I'm on the same journey, I can't wait for nicer weather to get out and walk. Maybe our paths will cross.
  • bgoddess2003
    edited January 2015
    Does anyone know how to add this thread as a group? this way I can follow.
  • kevinuc74
    kevinuc74 Posts: 35 Member
    I'm from NJ as well. Add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • cbsheehan
    cbsheehan Posts: 6 Member
    Jersey girl, born n bred ... It's a way of life and a state of mind ;) ... Used to be a consistent user of MFP, fell off, and now back and trying to be consistent once again!

Looking to lose maybe 20-30, but will be happy with just looking at any number trending downward :smile:
  • bgoddess2003
    Lol your too funny, but I understand the downward trend.
  • bgoddess2003
    Waiting to see if there is anyone from Monmouth or Ocean County
  • Waiting to see if there is anyone from Monmouth or Ocean County

Sorry, Middlesex
  • ljohnson216
    Does anyone know how to add this thread as a group? this way I can follow.

If you are using the app, which is somewhat limited, click the little star on the top right corner. That bookmarks it and lets you know when someone joins the discussion.
  • ljohnson216
    tbunnyshy wrote: »
    Hello Melinda & Larry. I'm a Jersey girl. I've been working on myself since September. Lost 34 lbs. I've been at a standstill since thanksgiving but it doesn't stop me. Gotta keep going! Even if you're not losing weight, you're firming up. Good luck! Keep going with me!

That is impressive tb (or do you prefer bunny? Or shy?). I think that I might get frustrated if I was at a long standstill so I think that it is amazing that you are sticking with it.
  • ljohnson216

Currently in Union Co but moving to Monmouth later in the year.
  • ljohnson216
    cbsheehan wrote: »
    Jersey girl, born n bred ... It's a way of life and a state of mind ;) ... Used to be a consistent user of MFP, fell off, and now back and trying to be consistent once again!

Looking to lose maybe 20-30, but will be happy with just looking at any number trending downward :smile:

Welcome back. It's not easy so it's great to see you back at it.
  • bgoddess2003
    Hi Larry, thanks for that info, hope your move goes smoothly.
  • bgoddess2003
    I finally got my butt in gear this am and did a work out for the first time in a long time, I need to start moving, I want to lose some more weight, prefer fast but just so I know it's moving down, lol

The sad thing is a year ago I knew I need to lose the weight and had plenty of time, now I wish I would have started sooner...but anytime is a good time.

It's amazing what finally gets you to that breaking point. I am glad it happened for me.
    I have found that using this site is really great so far this has probably the longest I have kept it together since my 20's which was very long ago, haha

I have a lot more weight to lose then the rest of you but it doesn't mean it's any easier for some who needs to lose 30lbs. On our Journey together, NJ style, kick *kitten* and take no names. haha
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Hi there......do you want a UK friend? I have been with mfp for 3 years now and have friends from all around the world. Love the support you get from having pals.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    lmaschreck wrote: »

Sorry, Middlesex

I'm a Jersey Girl! I was born in Newark, lived in Essex, Morris, and Ocean Co. I'm currently a fish out of water as a Yankee living in Alabama. I will always consider myself a Jersey Girl and can still hold my own on Rt. 80 and the Turnpike, no matter what my license plate says. ;)
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member

Hey, I'm from Monmouth Co, on the Bayshore.

You mention walking, I frequent Holmdel, Tatum, Manasquan Res. and Huber Woods Parks when the weather's good (sometimes when it's not). I'd like to check out some of the others eventually. I grew up in Queens where the parks were... "meh".