What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    "Sad" desk breakfast: quiche lorraine (ham, broccoli and gruyere) with the crust peeled, whole wheat baguette, butter, strawberry preserves and honey crisp apples.

h5j7jqnt4q4p.jpg

Tacos night! Grilled pork shoulder marinated in pibil spices, romaine lettuce, dilly beans, red onion, old cheddar and habanero-ginger hot sauce.

cgdnwrsqba2r.jpg
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Chicken vegetable stir fry over brown ricegmqd70ek54pd.jpg
  • nikitad123
    nikitad123 Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    nikitad123 wrote: »
    Oooo that looks SO delicious!! Could you please give us the dough recipe?
    Sure thing. It's a basic pizza dough recipe. I use my bread machine on the dough setting to make it. I swapped out the bread flour for fresh ground hard red winter wheat berries.

The key to the deep dish pizza dough is to make it in aluminum pie tins (the disposable ones). Use 1 tbsp of olive in EACH tin and make sure it's up around the sides. Then put the pizza in a screaming hot oven (450-500 degrees). That fries the bottom crust and gives it an amazing crunch.

Not terribly healthy but.... so freaking great.

Basic Pizza Dough
    Yield: enough dough for 2 medium pizzas or 4 calzones
    INGREDIENTS

½ cup warm water
    2¼ tsp. instant yeast
    4 cups (22 oz.) bread flour, plus more for dusting
    1½ tsp. salt
    1¼ cup water, at room temperature
    2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil

I put all the liquids into the bread machine bowl then the flour, the salt, and last to go in is the yeast.

Edited to fix spelling errors....

Thank you so much :)
    I am definitely going to try that. My dough is usually an epic fail lol.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Monday - Went out for Mexican. Beef tamale and enchilada, spanish rice, black beans.

76zqygnlwmo1.jpg

Tuesday - Roast turkey sandwich with mushrooms, mixed greens, mixed sprouts, tomato, onion, swiss cheese; homemade pink beans, cucumber, red bell pepper, and strawberries.

xs6nkf5k1i6z.jpg

Wednesday - Failed (but yummy) omlette with turkey, spinach, asparagus, tomato, green onion, mushroom, and cheddar; cucumber; and strawberries.

w5s2jerflm8k.jpg

Thursday - Tuna salad sandwich with tuna, mixed greens, mixed sprouts, asparagus, tomato, onion, garlic, mushrooms, dill weed, dill pickle, red bell pepper, celery, garlic salt, pepper and mayo; pink beans.

25dt8y9g5u5f.jpg

Friday - Beef teriyaki with veggies and rice (Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer) on a bed of spinach; strawberries.

rhu0j23ixgfb.jpg

Friday snack - 3 tbs popcorn popped in 7 g of butter.

6anyxs4mrdvo.jpg

• DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    LCloops wrote: »
    Chicken vegetable stir fry over brown rice

I love that you added a fried egg on top. I would put an egg on top of everything if I could. In fact, I always tought that the Beyonce's song title should have been "Put an egg on it", instead of the actual more bling version.
  • Abbie_T
    Abbie_T Posts: 38
    Options
    t6h9r9zk9okc.jpg

I've just started a blog, would be awesome to have some feedback

http://mytimetochange.weebly.com/
  • Mhenderson5517
    Mhenderson5517 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    b69jm5q59pjs.jpg
    Ingredients for my Chicken Salad
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    tlharin wrote: »
    tlharin wrote: »
    Work lunch: sweet potato-kale tacos with guacamole and sriracha, <400 cal

Can you give me the recipe for these? Ie the amounts of each item to total these calories? My sweet potato dishes always log as way more. These look tasty. Thank you!

Sure: the sweet potato-kale sautee I made last night for dinner, saving half for these tacos. The full recipe for the sautee is: 1.5 Tb olive oil, 1 5-6 inch sweet potato, in small cubes, 1 clove garlic, 4 cups chopped kale, squeeze half of a lemon, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes. The tacos themselves are:

1/2 recipe sauteed sweet potato-kale 167 cal
    2 mission white corn tortillas 100 cal
    1/4 cup guacamole 91 cal
    3 tsp sriracha sauce 15 cal
    Total: 373 ish calories.

These sound awesome.

• JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    LCloops wrote: »
    Chicken vegetable stir fry over brown rice

I love that you added a fried egg on top. I would put an egg on top of everything if I could. In fact, I always tought that the Beyonce's song title should have been "Put an egg on it", instead of the actual more bling version.
    Love that I did that for a bit more protein it was yummy I guess estimated the calories so I hope I was close
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    xmaseve2014_zpsvmyubiwg.jpg[/URL] Christmas Eve 2014 - our fish thing.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Pork chilli with tortilla chips and sour cream (skipped the rice this time, much nicer)1ttrb1yuex9d.jpg
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I hope I didn't post this already-the new format makes it hard to check: Antipasta from Lidia's Restaurant in Pittsburgh: lidiasantipasti_zps047ea31e.jpg[/URL]
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made Three Cheese Risotto.
    gya9oclvkdqk.jpg
  • cailah332
    cailah332 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    rkkymsoted4l.jpg

Avocado, peach salsa, and jerk pork over brown rice with a side of broccoli.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Tater tot poutine with braised beef cheeks, garlic aioli and green onions. Delicious and unique!
    ld8krezjiskr.jpg
  • Boganella
    Boganella Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Black bean fried brown rice, shared with the saddest dog in the world.
    rtrvltp1n6iv.jpg
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    bk51gzqa12n1.jpg

Since I had my phone in the kitchen....zoodles with sauce and two cracked eggs. Better than any pasta I have had and low calorie to boot!
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    y0e096co3olm.jpg

My breakfast sometimes -

kw8n2uuq16x4.jpg

My shrimp salad
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a meal..... but two cakes for church breakfast hour tomorrow.

On the right is devils food zucchini and the left is a banana, chocolate chip, pumpkin, and spice. Both dressed with white chocolate.d28e3a5krcj3.jpg
  • Boganella
    Boganella Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    Not exactly a meal..... but two cakes for church breakfast hour tomorrow.

On the right is devils food zucchini and the left is a banana, chocolate chip, pumpkin, and spice. Both dressed with white chocolate
    For those I would go to church lol