Getting into a calorie surplus can be hard for some

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Well at any rate, I won't be able to try out any of this for a few days. I do expect it to snow on Monday, which means the college may not be open then, so the earliest I could go will probably be Tuesday.
    I don't know why, but I seem to have an unusual fascination with the weight conversions. This has been something I've been curious about for months. Before beginning a program, I'd like to see what I can do for 8-12 reps.

LOL ….more excuses….

Jason when you actually get on a program and start eating more for a month, come back and talk to us..

this is the most tiresome post in MFP history ….

people have truly tried to help you, you blow them off, then come back in here and say you are going to do something, only to then come up with more excuses…

just do it man, or stop posting...

Seriously, have to agree. Just loads of excuses. Now you're suddenly fascinated by weights conversations but you listen to no one.

Either start doing something or just abandon the bulking section, it's not for you obviously.
    Suddenly fascinated by weight conversions? No. Apparently you missed this thread, which I started months ago. Like I said, when the college is next open and the weather is not inclement I do plan to "do something". It's kind of hard to go the gym when it's not open…

what does inclement weather have to do with an in door gym?

the link you posted says they are only closed over dec 23rd to jan 2nd…so it appears this gym has been open the whole time that this thread has been going on ..

why don't you go over there right now and look around and start lifting stuff…

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well at any rate, I won't be able to try out any of this for a few days. I do expect it to snow on Monday, which means the college may not be open then, so the earliest I could go will probably be Tuesday.
    I don't know why, but I seem to have an unusual fascination with the weight conversions. This has been something I've been curious about for months. Before beginning a program, I'd like to see what I can do for 8-12 reps.

LOL ….more excuses….

Jason when you actually get on a program and start eating more for a month, come back and talk to us..

people have truly tried to help you, you blow them off, then come back in here and say you are going to do something, only to then come up with more excuses…

Seriously, have to agree. Just loads of excuses. Now you're suddenly fascinated by weights conversations but you listen to no one.

Either start doing something or just abandon the bulking section, it's not for you obviously.
    Suddenly fascinated by weight conversions? No. Apparently you missed this thread, which I started months ago. Like I said, when the college is next open and the weather is not inclement I do plan to "do something". It's kind of hard to go the gym when it's not open…

what does inclement weather have to do with an in door gym?

the link you posted says they are only closed over dec 23rd to jan 2nd…so it appears this gym has been open the whole time that this thread has been going on ..

why don't you go over there right now and look around and start lifting stuff…
    If you noticed their hours, they're only open Monday through Friday, and I'm thinking they may not be open this coming Monday due to the weather. Yes I could have gone earlier this week, but I didn't decide I would check it out until yesterday afternoon, and they'd already closed by then.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    It's actually really easy to eat an extra 500 calories per day of healthy (nutritious) food, as opposed to foods which are simply high in calories (doughnuts).

1 slice of whole wheat bread is around 100 calories.
    2T of peanut butter is 180 calories.
    2oz (uncooked) of whole wheat pasta is 180 calories. That's not much.
    1 cup of sliced avocado (MFP says 146g) is 234 calories.
    5oz of salmon is about 260 calories.
    A 6 oz pork chop is just over 300 calories.
    2T of hummus is 70 calories. That's nothing. I usually eat 5 servings, which is 350 calories.
    100g (just over 3 oz) of roasted almonds is almost 600 calories. I could easily eat that!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Overthinking-300x285.jpg
    OMG! I know exactly who I'm sending this to.
    When we first met / started dating, he told me "never let me buy lightbulbs".
    This is _so_ him! Exactly. It's not a cartoon, it's real life.
    He analyzes the bulb's expected lifetime, cost per lumen per hour of use, etc.

• ForecasterJason
    Options

LOL ….more excuses….

Apparently you missed this thread where people gave you tons of advice and you ignored it....
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10048880/getting-into-a-calorie-surplus-can-be-hard-for-some/p1

You are assuming the won't be open. Seriously it's just more excuses.
    Ok, but it still doesn't change the fact that I can't go until at least then. I don't know at this point what you expect me to do since they're closed for almost the next 48 hours.

• ndj1979
    Options

LOL ….more excuses….

Apparently you missed this thread where people gave you tons of advice and you ignored it....
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10048880/getting-into-a-calorie-surplus-can-be-hard-for-some/p1

Ok, but it still doesn't change the fact that I can't go until at least then. I don't know at this point what you expect me to do since they're closed for almost the next 48 hours.

eat more…

you can do that now, right? Or is the inclement weather preventing that too????
  • ndj1979
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    It's actually really easy to eat an extra 500 calories per day of healthy (nutritious) food, as opposed to foods which are simply high in calories (doughnuts).

1 slice of whole wheat bread is around 100 calories.
    2T of peanut butter is 180 calories.
    2oz (uncooked) of whole wheat pasta is 180 calories. That's not much.
    1 cup of sliced avocado (MFP says 146g) is 234 calories.
    5oz of salmon is about 260 calories.
    A 6 oz pork chop is just over 300 calories.
    2T of hummus is 70 calories. That's nothing. I usually eat 5 servings, which is 350 calories.
    100g (just over 3 oz) of roasted almonds is almost 600 calories. I could easily eat that!

So what's wrong with a donut? Especially during a bulk?

I mean wouldn't it make more sense to just get 500 cals from a donut, rather then eating six different foods????
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    New game. Every time an excuse comes up, take a shot of alcohol.

Ps. I regret posting in this thread as I didn't know it would last forever.
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Getting into a cal surplus is hard .. You you need to be smart how you get into it ... Don't try and start eating 30000cals a day work you way up start with 1500 then each week you add 100cals maybe you don't need 30000 and realized that 2000 is when you gain weight, without gaining to much fat
    Also on the lifts do compounds lifts that will help u a lot
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

You appear to be advocating alcohol poisoning? Might impact our gainnnzzz.

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

You appear to be advocating alcohol poisoning? Might impact our gainnnzzz.
    Dammit. You're right.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    vfit10 wrote: »
    Getting into a cal surplus is hard .. You you need to be smart how you get into it ... Don't try and start eating 30000cals a day work you way up start with 1500 then each week you add 100cals maybe you don't need 30000 and realized that 2000 is when you gain weight, without gaining to much fat
    Also on the lifts do compounds lifts that will help u a lot

None of this is going to be an issue for the OP.

BWAHAHA 30000 cals, even phelps would be struggling with that =D
  • ForecasterJason
    edited January 2015
    Options

LOL ….more excuses….

eat more…

you can do that now, right? Or is the inclement weather preventing that too????
    Yes, I could do that now.

But seriously, I think it is time for me to be quiet now in this thread given that I'm still contemplating my short and long term goals. I realize I can't really ask for more advice since I'm not even sure what I really want at this point, and the message of how to bulk is pretty clear to me at this point. I know the essence of what needs to be done to bulk, and it's just a matter of me figuring out what I really want to do at this point.
    So, I will not complain anymore about my size or strength.

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options

Hun you would be an alcoholic before the excuses stop
  • elfman5150
    elfman5150 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that doesn't find it that difficult to eat 3000 calories? OP, just throw a bunch of calorie dense foods (peanut butter, ice cream, full fat dairy, etc) into a blender and blend away. You can easily get 800 or so calories from one of those shakes, and it actually tastes great/doesn't make you feel stuffed.