Getting into a calorie surplus can be hard for some

Options

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I'd have to check plane tickets.. And things .. Also. .. the things about strangers and not getting turned into a sock puppet. Also important. As long as I'm not paying paying or or if pocket to travel I'd do it! Lmao I love meeting new peeps! We should have a bulkers lift meet up. That would be awesome sauce.

I want in on this meet up after March. I still have 3.6 lb to cut to make the 181 lb weight class for my next PL meet. Then I'm probably bulking. Heck - if nothing else - I'll bulk for a weekend. :p
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ha, I always thought an MFP party would be freaking awesome...
  • elfman5150
    elfman5150 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of this meetup, even though I just started with MFP and the whole bulking process. I live in Virginia, too - just next to MD!,
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    So since several of us are spread out on the East Coast from Florida to NYC, sounds like Maryland or Virginia is actually not a bad place for a middle ground, though not quite exactly in the middle. :)
  • AKDonF
    AKDonF Posts: 235 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    And we need to someone make sure Jason's invitation gets lost in the mail.

Lol... I would love to be a part of it too but I don't see making the trek to the east coast from Alaska.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I'd have to check plane tickets.. And things .. Also. .. the things about strangers and not getting turned into a sock puppet. Also important. As long as I'm not paying paying or or if pocket to travel I'd do it! Lmao I love meeting new peeps! We should have a bulkers lift meet up. That would be awesome sauce.

That lifters meet up sounds like a idea. An all-you-can eat is definitely mandatory for that!
    *nods*

off to google brazillian steak houses in VA/NC

I'm game for NC too- my bestie lives there- and we have been talking about me going to visit for a while. Plus gives me a place to stay LMAO.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I found two Brazilian places in Raleigh.

now we just need to find a real gym.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm Brazilian steakhouse. I only have 2 issues with those places.

1. I'm always waiting around for the Skirt steak to come around whole everyone else isn't as patient and they enjoy anything available.

2. I always leave so full that my stomach hurts.

1. Tell your waiter up front what you want showing up at your table frequently. They can make that happen.

2. Sounds like you're doing it right.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Mmmmmmmm Brazilian steakhouse. I only have 2 issues with those places.

1. I'm always waiting around for the Skirt steak to come around whole everyone else isn't as patient and they enjoy anything available.

2. I always leave so full that my stomach hurts.

1. Tell your waiter up front what you want showing up at your table frequently. They can make that happen.

2. Sounds like you're doing it right.

1. Yeah I suppose that is a good idea. I just thought asking that at an all you can eat makes me look like a glutton. But you're right.

2. Awesome.

yes and yes.

BF and I went once- and nothing was coming to the table... and the hostest came by and said- our staff said you only wanted picana and turkey wrapped in bacon.

And we were like- well - no - we didn't say that (we actually hadn't talked to anyone) they just remembered us- that by the end of the night- we ONLY eat those two things typically.

I'll eat the other stuff- i'm there- and it's stuff I don't eat regularly- but the pichana and the turkey wrapped in bacon.
    win.

and yes- I only wear stretchy pants. and I practically have to be rolled out of there.

I still say let's do it.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    So since several of us are spread out on the East Coast from Florida to NYC, sounds like Maryland or Virginia is actually not a bad place for a middle ground, though not quite exactly in the middle. :)

It would be for people that actually bulk, try and learn the concepts and don't think their gym calls dumbbells something other than dumbbells. Head on back to the main forum and keep agreeing with posts that are wrong.
    I'm inclined to believe that if several of you showed up at my house and agreed to show me how to lift properly with free weights at a gym, I don't think I'd have any problems getting things done right. In that case, I think I'd be more than willing to learn how it's done.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

It would be for people that actually bulk, try and learn the concepts and don't think their gym calls dumbbells something other than dumbbells. Head on back to the main forum and keep agreeing with posts that are wrong.
    I'm inclined to believe that if several of you showed up at my house and agreed to show me how to lift properly with free weights at a gym, I don't think I'd have any problems getting things done right. In that case, I think I'd be more than willing to learn how it's done.

LOL and the excuse train keeps rolling...

you have been given the tools use them ...

go you tube proper form for exercises ...that is how I learned how to properly squat and deadlift...no one showed up at my door and took me by the hand to the gym and showed me...

Its called "self sufficiency"....
  • TR0berts
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

It needs to happen. And we need to someone make sure Jason's invitation gets lost in the mail.

I don't know man. Maybe we can show him how it's done. Maybe seeing the things we (OK, mostly you guys) have told him in action will get through.

...alley oop...
  • JoRocka
    Options

We already agreed to help you. There is 15 pages of help we agreed to simply by continuing to show up.

Okay- to be fair- it's probably only 10 pages of help- we've wandered in and out of that path.

But yeah. There you go. You have the tolls- you currently just lack. I don't know- motivation to go do it. That or your scared you'll fail? or do it wrong.

guess what buddy- everyone fails.
    everyone does something wrong- nothing we do is permanent in terms of programming and food choices- you can always hop off the train any time you want. The train is slow. and steady. But requires comittment.
  • TR0berts
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »

It needs to happen. And we need to someone make sure Jason's invitation gets lost in the mail.

I don't know man. Maybe we can show him how it's done. Maybe seeing the things we (OK, mostly you guys) have told him in action will get through.

...alley oop...

You feel free to waste your time with you. I'm not baby-ing anyone. We are adults here and it's time to start acting like one.

Doh!

He responded before I got my post out.

Nevermind.