Getting into a calorie surplus can be hard for some

Options

Replies

• jbgolf52
    jbgolf52 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yes, I could do that now.

But seriously, I think it is time for me to be quiet now in this thread given that I'm still contemplating my short and long term goals. I realize I can't really ask for more advice since I'm not even sure what I really want at this point, and the message of how to bulk is pretty clear to me at this point. I know the essence of what needs to be done to bulk, and it's just a matter of me figuring out what I really want to do at this point.
    So, I will not complain anymore about my size or strength.

Then why make a thread? Jeez man, it's pretty simple. Do you want size, strength, or both? Three options, pick one and roll with it. But whatever you do you have to eat more than you are doing now and stop thinking so much. I've never seen someone come up with so many excuses like you have done.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    elfman5150 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that doesn't find it that difficult to eat 3000 calories? OP, just throw a bunch of calorie dense foods (peanut butter, ice cream, full fat dairy, etc) into a blender and blend away. You can easily get 800 or so calories from one of those shakes, and it actually tastes great/doesn't make you feel stuffed.

You're not. Jason just has food issues about "healthy"/"clean" eating along with being indecisive over picking up heavy things.

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    jbgolf52 wrote: »

But seriously, I think it is time for me to be quiet now in this thread given that I'm still contemplating my short and long term goals. I realize I can't really ask for more advice since I'm not even sure what I really want at this point, and the message of how to bulk is pretty clear to me at this point. I know the essence of what needs to be done to bulk, and it's just a matter of me figuring out what I really want to do at this point.

Then why make a thread? Jeez man, it's pretty simple. Do you want size, strength, or both? Three options, pick one and roll with it. But whatever you do you have to eat more than you are doing now and stop thinking so much. I've never seen someone come up with so many excuses like you have done.
    Yeah, you're right. While it's irrelevant now though, it is true that MrM27 was actually the one that suggested I make my own thread. Of course, I don't think anyone (and that includes myself) expected it to turn out this way.

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that doesn't find it that difficult to eat 3000 calories? OP, just throw a bunch of calorie dense foods (peanut butter, ice cream, full fat dairy, etc) into a blender and blend away. You can easily get 800 or so calories from one of those shakes, and it actually tastes great/doesn't make you feel stuffed.

I ate over 2200 for lunch and it's not that hard unless you are going for bro foods. If you insist on eating "clean" i.e. whole foods you could have trouble getting to 3000 but that's psychological hang up on the part of people who think that food is either good or bad.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I ate over 2200 for lunch and it's not that hard unless you are going for bro foods. If you insist on eating "clean" i.e. whole foods you could have trouble getting to 3000 but that's psychological hang up on the part of people who think that food is either good or bad.

for real, I could eat 4000 calories a day no problem…but I would probably not like the results….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Yeah, you're right. While it's irrelevant now though, it is true that MrM27 was actually the one that suggested I make my own thread. Of course, I don't think anyone (and that includes myself) expected it to turn out this way.

you had all the information you needed on page 2…you just decided to roll out the excuse train for the next 14 pages….
  • ForecasterJason
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

you had all the information you needed on page 2…you just decided to roll out the excuse train for the next 14 pages….
    True. I meant to add in my previous post that I originally did not start this thread directly asking about how to bulk. The original question I asked in the OP was, "So, I'd be interested to hear how I should change my perception about food when I'm not even eating enough of the right things [vegetables]."

So now I see the answer if I want to really bulk is to simply find a way to get in more of all types of foods.
  • elfman5150
    elfman5150 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed. The 'good' vs 'bad' food idea can definitely be an obstacle for many. Food is food is food. Your body really doesn't care where it comes from - it all ends up getting catabolized and used in one way or another.
    Having said that, I do try to exclusively eat 'good' food in the sense that I tend to refrain from eating anything with artificial sweeteners, colors, hydrogenated oils, etc. That's more of a lifestyle choice for me, though. Either way, even when eating 'all natural' foods (whatever that really means) I still find it easy as hell to get my 3000ish in.
  • jbgolf52
    jbgolf52 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Now you see that? After 15 pages? Congratulations.

He may see now, but he still has to do weeks worth of calculations in order to figure out that it's fine to eat some junk every now and then to hit your target calories. Good grief
    >.<

• ForecasterJason
    Options
    OK. So, I finally did go to my old college gym today, and found out some bad news. Although my student ID is still valid, because I am not currently enrolled there they denied me access to use any of the equipment. All this time I had assumed that I could still get in since I have a valid ID and was just enrolled there less than a year ago, but the guy at the desk checked my ID and stated that I had no membership.

It's a bummer, but at least it can't be said anymore that I ignored the advice to use my college gym and get on a structured program.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    OK. So, I finally did go to my old college gym today, and found out some bad news. Although my student ID is still valid, because I am not currently enrolled there they denied me access to use any of the equipment. All this time I had assumed that I could still get in since I have a valid ID and was just enrolled there less than a year ago, but the guy at the desk checked my ID and stated that I had no membership.

It's a bummer, but at least it can't be said anymore that I ignored the advice to use my college gym and get on a structured program.

Well I am shocked SHOCKED that somewhere you are not enrolled would not let you use their equipment.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Right, so you didn't ask to buy a membership? OK, must be nice to have any old excuse...
  • ForecasterJason
    Options
    There is another gym around and yes my college gym has a membership. However, I don't currently have a source of income right now, so I cannot afford a membership anywhere.
  • ForecasterJason
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    There is another gym around and yes my college gym has a membership. However, I don't currently have a source of income right now, so I cannot afford a membership anywhere.

Do you go to school? Can you get a job? What do you do for a living?
    I'm a full time student at another college (mostly online school, however). I have been looking for part time work.

• aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    craigslist.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Best troll ever