Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Slytherin

Options

Replies

• oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Great idea for the spreadsheet! I tried to open it, but it doesn't work for me. Maybe it's because I'm at work and it's blocked? I will try again when I get home!

My exercise and water goals have been right on target this week. Today is my strength training day, and I'll probably add a tabata circuit or two after I lift to add some more burn!

Can't wait for Sunday.. I'm already down three pounds! :O Then again, my TOM was last week, so my scale was probably holding back all this time. :)
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thanks Shelley and welcome to all the new people!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Thank you to the person who re-posted the goals. Because I am just starting out (and I have a tendency to overdo it and then quit) I'm taking a slow start to working out - right now 4 days a week for at least a 400 calorie burn (I use a HRM). But the water is a good one (so far I'm meeting that challenge 100%).

I normally weigh into another group on Monday - so how should I handle it? Weigh in Sunday here and Monday there? Or just Sunday? Or just Monday? Thoughts are appreciated!

Also - I'm gluten free - is anyone else? Feel free to add me as a friend (but please include a note).
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    what is everyone's goals for the weekend??

I'm hoping to be down a few pounds - i'd be happy with three or four, to be perfectly honest. Saturday's supposed to be my rest day, but I'm thinking that since I ate big lunches these past couple of days, I'll probably workout all day Saturday as a Last Chance before the weigh in on Sunday. When I put my goal into the other thread, I mis-typed it. I put the goal for 7/14 as 357 when I was actually aiming for 367, but I think its possible for me to lose 3 pounds a week.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • thetigerzeye
    thetigerzeye Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Woot day 5 of 7 straight days after being on the couch constantly! And my legs and *kitten* are now over that whole "you're gonna die" pain stage ^_^
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    New members:
    lilabette - 140 - Slytherin
    tink739 - 184 - Slytherin
    DeathismyGift - NEED START WEIGHT!! - Slytherin
    Kaldrmjolka - NEED START WEIGHT!! - Slytherin
    Daveglasnost - 216.8 - Slytherin
  • mjtbb
    mjtbb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just posting so I can reach this thread again.

I trying very hard on the water challenge and doing well but I don't exercise. I have been trying to work on my daughter's Wii and can get about a half hour of fooling around with different games. I guess my challenge is to do that more, at least 3 times a week since I only get to do it on weekends and increase the time. I realize that this website is very big on exercise which I didn't realize when I joined in but I like how it works and have been here for a month now and I like it and it seems to be working so I will continue trying to get at least some excersice in:ohwell: .
  • lilabette
    lilabette Posts: 21
    Options
    Happy Friday! Thank you for the add into this group! I'm so proud to be a Slytherin...currently I'm at 140 lbs, I think by July 15th, my goal is to be @ 125 pounds. Today is so far so good, I'm tracking and planning to do an evening workout tonight.

Oh BTW, how do I put that cool slytherin badge on my siggie?

Lila
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    what is everyone's goals for the weekend??

I have a busy weekend planned, I want to get all my flowerbeds done, my garden prepped, my outdoor winter stuff put away & summer brought out, and I have to walk my hay field to look for any strings that may have fallen of the bales last year before the grass gets to high and covers them. If the weather doesn't cooperate I want to completely empty my sons room (a huge job!) paint it, and reorganize it as I put it back together, so rain or shine I have a calorie burning weekend ahead of me lol.
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    GROUP WILL BE CUT OFF AS OF SATURDAY AT MIDNIGHT. NO MORE MEMBERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO JOIN AND ANY WHO I DO NOT HAVE START WEIGHTS FOR YET WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE GROUP.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I got a great burn today! 538 calories! Wahoo!
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Kaldrmjolka Posts: 86
    Options
    New members:

Sorry I thought I messaged my start weight :) I guess its 212 (just weighed myself) unless you want what I was when I started :P
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Well I've had an off eatting week and my competitive self is feeling guilty- SORRY HOUSE! I hope coming clean will help me feel better. I went out to dinner the last two nights, that never happens! I have been on point working out and according to my diary I'm actually under, not sure how that works. I'm still hoping for 1/2 a pound, maybe a pound if it is a lucky week :wink:

Jalara- I'm going to weigh-in here on Sunday and then weigh in again on Monday for the other group. It will take some of the fun out of Monday weigh-ins but knowing I have to still weigh in on Monday will keep me accountable on Sundays. and GREAT BURN!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Hi, y'all. I thought I had blown it yesterday because I had a binge & ate out last night for early Mother's Day celebration. But, pushed myself to get a good workout in & managed to stay under my calorie goal.
    So, Exercise: Turbo Jam Cardio Party and 20 minute walk with dog.
    8 glasses of water, down. It is very doubtful that I will have more than that. Until I joined this challenge my water goal was 6 glasses per day. But, since I am a competitive person I am really striving to get at least 8 glasses in!
    This weekend... the plan is the same... keep on with the challenge issued here. Exercise at least 30 minutes each day & 8 glasses of water per day. Hope that I got the challenge basically right.
  • shellybeelee
    Options
    New members:

Sorry I thought I messaged my start weight :) I guess its 212 (just weighed myself) unless you want what I was when I started :P

No that works lol thank you =)
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    thank u for the spread sheet. i am excited because people r actually getting into this challenge. i join a couple others, and no one seemed to now what was going on. also thank u for posting the challenge this week.. i am doing great with the exercise but sometimes i dont get enough water.. just wondering if u drink 0 cal stuff do u post it under the water?? cuz if so then i am making it.. i am so excited for this group.. if anyone wants to u can add me as a friend.
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Awesome job with keeping up with the workouts everyone. Looks like some if you have quite an active weekend planned, great! Everyone should get their butt in action, unless it's a DESERVED rest day, It's the last stretch til weigh in, make it count!! =)

And to help get the water down, make a deal with yourself to chug at least 2 glasses of water before every meal, it really works for me and helps my body to decide if I'm just thirsty or actually hungry..

GO SLYTHERINS :):)
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't think 0 cal drinks should be posted as water ..or else drink like diet coke could be counted too, yuck! Try getting actual water in (with a bit of lemon squeezed in or something if you must for taste, but id try to get use to drinking water by itself) Also try logging in everything, or cut back on the drinks with lots of carbs or sugar, there's better ways to get your daily intake. Good luck!!
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    I weighed in yesterday (Friday is my weigh in day, I'll use that throughout the challenge) and I haven't lost any weight in THREE weeks. Or gained. Not even an OUNCE! Four weeks ago, I gained .8.
    The first two weeks I didn't gain/lose, I was at 1450 calories. Then he upped it to 1850 to go to 1lb/week to see if that would change anything. Nope.

Staying motivated and pushing through is getting really difficult.
    Good luck everyone else!! Can't wait to see how we do!
  • CrisUndies
    CrisUndies Posts: 40
    Options
    Hello! Just saying hi to the group!
    I'm happy to be apart of this now and wish you all a good week!
    Add me as a friend if you like!
    Talk soon
    :)