Increasing calories defriended for low intake

Options

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    P.S. If that's you in your yoga photo, you have a strong, lean frame. :)
  • vhowru
    vhowru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you Kelly they did post a picture of them 25 lbs lighter and it was sad. I have been known for watching my calories but I don't go below what's recommended. I have been told by my counselor that I have sugar issues but I think it's common. Thanks for your input I wish you a strong and healthy path
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    huh, just noticed that someone with 1000 friends defriended me. how did i stand out to be defriended? i feel kinda special and awesome now.
  • vhowru
    Options
    Great perspective love it !
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Wow, some people are judgey.... ugh! I try not to friend people who will be nosey and judgey in the first place! That's not what support is all about! I'm sorry someone behaved like that... heck with em.
  • vhowru
    Options
    Thank you I agree ! It's their loss
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Anyway, to address the information you want.....I'm a short, stocky Sicilian, not the look you're going for... but, that said, I have been talking to people who deliberately lengthen their muscles and they have recommended ballet type workouts and lots of stretches, plies, and lunges, more so than pumping iron. Pilates, too. Do those sound like good options for you?
  • vhowru
    Options
    You betcha thank you I do bikram yoga and I'm trying to explain elongated exercises to my personal trainer I'm trying to do yoga and weights but the weights are putting a kabash on my yoga
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    I have no problem deleting people eating less than 1200 calories.

Some people have medical reasons for eating at/below 1200. I certainly do, though I eat very well/carefully and absolutely do not have an eating disorder.
  • vhowru
    Options
    I actually eat on the lower end due to medications myself I understand
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    i made a comment on my wall recently of "have to start logging again. I'm getting fat. 108.4 this morning! omg!" and immediately saw my friend count go down by one. people are too sensitive. i'm okay not having overly sensitive people on my friends list.

I'm not very sensitive at all, but I would absolutely unfriend someone for a comment like that. Inappropriate on so many levels.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Sorry but if I feel that someone has an eating disorder and has no desire to change then I would absolutely unfriend them.

I'm happy to support anyone who is TRYING to eat healthily and wisely but I won't poison my wall with someone who isn't.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i made a comment on my wall recently of "have to start logging again. I'm getting fat. 108.4 this morning! omg!" and immediately saw my friend count go down by one. people are too sensitive. i'm okay not having overly sensitive people on my friends list.

I'm not very sensitive at all, but I would absolutely unfriend someone for a comment like that. Inappropriate on so many levels.

Same. I'd unfriend for the same thing.
  • Aviva92
    Options

yes, you're too sensitive in that case by my definition of it.
  • krysmuree
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    Sorry but if I feel that someone has an eating disorder and has no desire to change then I would absolutely unfriend them.

I'm happy to support anyone who is TRYING to eat healthily and wisely but I won't poison my wall with someone who isn't.

THIS. All of this! I am so supportive of those recovering but actively participating with no desire to change? No thanks; this is my journey too.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I don't care what people eat. They can eat as much or as little as they want on any type of eating plan.

But then again, I also don't understand claiming a bunch of anonymous avatars on a computer screen as official friends and then chatting with them in some separate section of the same website with the expectation of privacy and some special comradery.

Everyone is free to discuss and communicate openly on the discussion forums independent of a friend club - or whatever it is - which I think is the best way.

can't be open on the forum as much. there are more rules. i think you can say what you want on your actual wall, unless it's something illegal.
  • Aviva92
    Options

k, i won't send you a friend request then.
  • krysmuree
    edited January 2015
    Options

I'm sorry, I think I missed the memo that said I should care.
    To each their own.
  • Aviva92
    edited January 2015
    Options

I'm sorry, I think I missed the memo that said I should care.
    To each their own.

errrrr, never said you should care, just like i don't care that you would defriend me. you made it a point to tell me that though for some odd reason.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I don't care what people eat. They can eat as much or as little as they want on any type of eating plan.

But then again, I also don't understand claiming a bunch of anonymous avatars on a computer screen as official friends and then chatting with them in some separate section of the same website with the expectation of privacy and some special comradery.

Everyone is free to discuss and communicate openly on the discussion forums independent of a friend club - or whatever it is - which I think is the best way.

So...you're saying you don't get why 'Groups' exist? Or, for that matter, Friend's Lists and our personal walls (which are places that we speak with those anonymous avatars in private/a special section with the expectation of privacy, unless you're profile is open.) even though friendship circles and grouping with those you find most pleasing to be around/talk to is part of human nature.

...Odd.

Anyway people are free to cut people for whatever reason. Maybe your low calories was a trigger. Maybe they just don't like you and didn't want to say it. Maybe they didn't like your avatar. Who knows.
This discussion has been closed.