Giving up diet soda. So hard!

Options
1181920212224»

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    elphie, are you flagging all my posts now? that post is not against the TOS and neither is the one a few posts up.

Nope. I would have to actually care to do that. Thanks for accusing me of something though.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    elphie, are you flagging all my posts now? that post is not against the TOS and neither is the one a few posts up.

Nope. I would have to actually care to do that. Thanks for accusing me of something though.

you care enough to argue incessantly with me for absolutely no reason, so pretty good assumption considering all the flags.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

you care enough to argue incessantly with me for absolutely no reason, so pretty good assumption considering all the flags.

Grow up. You don't know who else could be reading and finding your posts offensive.

I however, am done with responding to you. I don't need the juvenile attacks and accusations.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Grow up. You don't know who else could be reading and finding your posts offensive.

I however, am done with responding to you. I don't need the juvenile attacks and accusations.

nothing about my posts were juvenile. you were picking a fight.

i see flags, so assuming the obvious person who is picking a fight is not exactly outlandish or juvenile.

what "attacks" are you referring to?
  • yorkshiregoal
    yorkshiregoal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is the greatest, tastiest, CALORIE & CHEMICAL FREE natural substitution... trust me, it's delicious :)

>>>> Sparkling water or tonic water
    >>>> 1 packet of Stevia (Stevia is a plant-based zero calorie sweetener, for those unaware!)
    >>>> 1/2 fresh lime or lemon, squeezed
    >>>> Ice

That's it! It is one of those things that just feels so naughty but it actually so pure. Enjoy!!

• kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    kyta32 wrote: »
    http://www.arizonaadvancedmedicine.com/articles/aspartame_addiction.html
    "Aspartame beverages contain 55 mg methanol per liter"
    "The body attempts to detoxify methyl alcohol by oxidizing it to
    formaldehyde (a deadly neurotoxin and Class A carcinogen), and then to
    formate or formic acid within minutes. Formate and formaldehyde each may
    contribute to toxicity and nervous system/immune dysfunction through
    various mechanisms. One is the conjugation of formaldehyde with human
    serum albumin (F-HSA) to form a new antigenic determinant. Patients
    with multiple health complaints who had been exposed chronically to
    formaldehyde develop anti F-HSA antibodies and elevated Tal cells
    (antigen memory cells), consistent with sustained antigenic
    stimulation of the immune system"

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v514/n7521/full/nature13793.html
    Artificial sweeteners alter gut flora, causing glucose intolerance (prediabetes)

There you has it folks - a couple of mechanisms. The dangers of artificial sweeteners have been known for decades. Individual responses to artificial sweetners vary.

Artificial sweetner withdrawal can last a month, during which your body will get rid of substances like methanol, phenylalanine and aspartic acid, leading to headaches, sweet cravings, varying energy levels, and mood disruption. Try to drink a lot of water, eat a healthy diet, and exercise to help this process. Be patient with yourself, many other people have gone through the same thing, and experienced the benefits of living without diet sodas. Good for you for taking care of yourself this way - it's a challenge, you can do it :)

Are you trolling. There we has what? Those articles (yes, I read them, and no, they are not proper clinical studies) were about as biased as they come..not surprising considering the sources you pulled them from.

I agree that Mercola has a hate on for aspertame...

Have you seen the stuff on methanol? - it's a little scary. It demylinizes nerves....

I'm not sure where you are getting biased on the diet soda causing high blood sugar study, though...

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0006322393902518
    Aspertame worsens depression compared to placebo. Study halted because of increase of severity of symptoms.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2524.1988.hed2801010.x/abstract
    Aspertame increased incidence of headaches in some migraine sufferers

http://aop.sagepub.com/content/35/6/702.short
    Fibromyalgia symptoms resolved when subjects removed items like msg or aspertate (an ingredient in aspartame) from their diets.

Based on scientific studies, and the experiences of posters on this thread, in sensitive individuals, exposure to aspertame can cause headaches and exacerbate medical conditions. A poster may have good reason to remove artificial sweeteners from their diets, but not wish to reveal their medical history. Aspertame withdrawal has unpleasant symptoms, so you can see why someone would ask for help with it. There's no real nutritional benefit from diet soda that you can't get from a glass of water, and for some people there are undesireable consequences.
  • Jkj95
    Jkj95 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Mixing water with lemon juice is tasty. I don't even need to add sugar to it, it has a light, but tart flavor.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I-think-were-tfgnog.jpg

Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile ridiculous to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

kgeyser
This discussion has been closed.