What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My daughter talked me into taking before and after pictures, we're starting the 60 day PIYO challenge I tried to find some tight pants in my closet and I couldn't ! I have already lost 65 pounds but didn't realize that all my old clothes I had kept would now fit. I did finally find some really old knit shorts.
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've woken up early for work three days in the past week (Thursday, Friday and today) to jog on the fitness center treadmill in my office building. My cat has been waking me up around 4:30 or 5 so instead of trying to get a few more minutes of sleep (and failing then feeling groggy) I've just gone to work early and jogged. I did 2 miles this morning and it felt good!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Down 70 lbs and got my first compliment from a non-family member since I started. A co-worker saw me coming down the stairs and said, "Boy, have you lost weight! You look great." Made my morning!
  • LustyArgonianMaid
    LustyArgonianMaid Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was no longer hungry, and I actually left food on my plate. I had NEVER done that and I did it two days in a row.
  • LittleRed2591
    LittleRed2591 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The scale hasn't budged for a while, BUT.... my glucose levels are back in the normal range! I am a type II Diabetic and my levels had crept way up after gaining 18 pounds over the last year. I am now down 12 of those 18 pounds and my A1C came down from 9.4 to 6.3! WOohoo!
  • LittleRed2591
    LittleRed2591 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not sure what NSV stands for, but I think this fits...but in class the other day I was able to do 15 push ups on my toes with knee tucks and walkouts! I made it through 3 rounds of those along w/ my other various exercises for that round! Yay me!

NSV means "Non-Scale Victory" :)

• Kfrase83
    Kfrase83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Tried on some jeans over the weekend that I used to wear bar hopping a few years ago, and they fit *really* well. I can add these 3 pair back into my "good" pile, and take the bigger pairs (that lately I need to wear a belt with), out!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    After taking a hiatus from my recumbent bike, I decided to just get on for 5 min. My little ones can be distracted for that long. I was able to get in a full 20 mins instead! I'm motivated to get back into exercising again! (after about 2 months off)
  • sssgilber
    sssgilber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A vendor, whom I haven't seen since November, came in and told me that he's lost 25 pounds because I inspired him to lose weight.

Now this I love! We haven't talked about the good effects on others of our weight loss. I know my kids are less worried about my health and can plan family activities without Mom rest stops.
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My engagement ring fits again! Wedding ring fit about 10 pounds ago, so I'm wearing both for the first time since I was 6 months pregnant (2 years ago)!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    I love this discussion! Thanks to everyone who is sharing their NSV - know there are many people reading and being inspired by your progress!
  • caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I met with a client today, who I hadn't seen in just over a year and the first thing she noticed was how much weight I lost. When I told her I lost 65 pounds she gave me a hug lol. It was funny because she just kept brining up how much I had lost. It felt good to hear, because I don't notice it that much.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Trying on clothes tonight I took both 10 and 12 jeans into the dressing room and left with the 10s. This is happening more and more, but it still amazes me every single time.

Another thing is I was made fun of by a stranger (young woman maybe 20-22) in the mall tonight, because of the cat eye glasses I was wearing. I'm not sure if she thought I was just looking stupid or trying to be young or what. I wound up scaring her half to death (on purpose) an hour later, by walking INCHES away from her and grazing her with my shopping bag and then smiling...I thought she was going to scream LOL. But really...it was an NSV because her making fun of my glasses and smirking about me to her friend was not weight related and for like 20 yrs I've only been poked fun of (at least where I could see) about being fat. Still rude...but a novelty to me!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    A coworker asked me if I had lost some weight today.
  • namaste1987
    namaste1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Officially below 200lbs!!!
  • xxoneluckygirlxx
    xxoneluckygirlxx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i did a work out that kicked my butt before and I wasn't all that out of breath anymore :)
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Went shopping for some new shirts the other day. Had to go back 3 times for smaller sizes. All the 1x's were comfortable and even the larges fit… slightly smaller than I would normally like… but wearable. Pretty sure I was in grade school the last time I could wear a large!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Went shopping for pants today.
    The same size I've been buying for years from stores I always shop from...too big. Size 6 at J. Crew and Banana Republic no longer fit me!
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    In circuits tonight I did 4 sets of box jumps - I had never done these before, always did step ups because I was worried about not being able to do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!