White Rice Vs Brown Rice

Options

Replies

• MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Mr. Tolerable. What's your weight up to now? 140?

It is 162 lbs on a heavy day and I'd like to be 165lbs this year before I start going six pack crazy again.

At the rate I am going though its going to be six months before I am a real creatine free 165lbs

maybe you should bump your calories up 150 to 200 a day..??

well I am gaining and may increase my calories, but I have been trying to not sacrifice too much body fat in the process of gaining weight which is the bigger reason why it is soo slow.

Plus I hate food. I wish you could supplement 100% of your diet.
    Dafaq?
    Like supplement it like we supplement protein, daily vitamin, BCAA's - for example I wish there was like a veggie supplement with the same contents as a stalk of broccoli, a carb supplement with the same contents as a sweet potato -etc.

I don't know what the faq is wrong with thinking that.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

It is 162 lbs on a heavy day and I'd like to be 165lbs this year before I start going six pack crazy again.

At the rate I am going though its going to be six months before I am a real creatine free 165lbs

well I am gaining and may increase my calories, but I have been trying to not sacrifice too much body fat in the process of gaining weight which is the bigger reason why it is soo slow.

Dafaq?
    Like supplement it like we supplement protein, daily vitamin, BCAA's - for example I wish there was like a veggie supplement with the same contents as a stalk of broccoli, a carb supplement with the same contents as a sweet potato -etc.

Umm. Food is fuel. Food keeps you alive.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Dafaq?

I know but it takes so much time to prepare it, buy it, eat it... ugh & eww.

I'm sure there is a bigger market for this then just me here..

Imagine just ordering a 5lb bin of broccoli powder like we do with protein off amazon twice a month and just supplementing that in two meals a day - it would be faster, efficient, easier to get down, you could get more down and there would be more content than juicing.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Dafaq?

Imagine just ordering a 5lb bin of broccoli powder like we do with protein off amazon twice a month and just supplementing that in two meals a day - it would be faster, efficient, easier to get down, you could get more down and there would be more content than juicing.

I buy all of my groceries for the week in less than an hour. I cook all of my food for the week in less than 3 hours. I eat each meal within 30 minutes. That is NOT a lot of time. On top of that, I'm a full time student and work two jobs. As well as volunteer at a number of places. If I have the time for it, surely you do too.

No, I'm pretty sure you are the only person here with that mentality. That mentality seems unhealthy and borderline ED/EDNOS if you ask me.

And I'll pass on the broccoli powder. I love real food.
  • Jatimm
    Jatimm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Brown rice has more arsenic than white rice. If you eat a lot of rice, that might be a serious consideration. http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2015/01/how-much-arsenic-is-in-your-rice/index.htm
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

you might want to re-examine how you view food...

what is wrong with food? food is awesome! It tastes great and gives you energy ....
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Dafaq?

I buy all of my groceries for the week in less than an hour. I cook all of my food for the week in less than 3 hours. I eat each meal within 30 minutes. That is NOT a lot of time. On top of that, I'm a full time student and work two jobs. As well as volunteer at a number of places. If I have the time for it, surely you do too.

No, I'm pretty sure you are the only person here with that mentality. That mentality seems unhealthy and borderline ED/EDNOS if you ask me.

cool story bro, when I was a college student I was in a similar position enabling me to get through school debt free.

The difference between me and you I think though is I have a career, not a job that often requires me on the road for periods of time, and if I am lucky getting back to my apartment I am leaving often at 5am, returning home after 8-9pm. Likewise I juggle many, many tasks in preparation for meetings in those after hours. The freedom to throw down some supplements for food that are healthy would be incredibly beneficial. presently I have to prepare what I am eating throughout the entire day super early in the morning.

the last thing I have is a eating disorder - smh.

It is like saying the creators of the Jetsons cartoon had an eating disorder.

• ndj1979
    Options

Dafaq?

that sounds disgusting and boring..

I would rather prepare a great meal and enjoy it, then just slug down a drink three times a day ....
  • gakette420
    gakette420 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like brown rice best. I think it has a richer, nutty flavor plus it is better for you. Not much, but a little. I also like that brown rice is hard to make sticky and mushy while white rice can be ruined very easily and fast.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/381241-nutritional-values-of-white-rice-vs-brown-rice/
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

Dafaq?

Oh you could try soylent but I'm not touching it myself. It's at http:\\www.soylent.me.
  • gakette420
    gakette420 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Can't make decent Shrimp Fried Rice with leftover Brown Rice.
    I always do fried rice with brown but I start with fresh uncooked rice, brown (fry) it in some oil until a lot of the grains are golden brown then add the water, veggies, and meat then cook for the 40 minutes brown rice needs. My family LOVES this especially if I put fresh ginger in with all the other veggies.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Dafaq?

Oh you could try soylent but I'm not touching it myself. It's at http:\\www.soylent.me.

omg if you were next to me I'd kiss ya on the cheek :flowerforyou:

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Why though would you not touch it yourself? It looks sooooo convenient!!!

You can now be so exact with your intake and data with apps like MFP and stuff.

During a cut stage this would be such a nice thing to have. - plus it is inexpensive.

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

Dafaq?

The difference between me and you I think though is I have a career, not a job that often requires me on the road for periods of time, and if I am lucky getting back to my apartment I am leaving often at 5am, returning home after 8-9pm. Likewise I juggle many, many tasks in preparation for meetings in those after hours. The freedom to throw down some supplements for food that are healthy would be incredibly beneficial. presently I have to prepare what I am eating throughout the entire day super early in the morning.
    Don't get into a "who is has less free time" contest around here. There are some kick-@ss single moms who have careers/run businesses, raise their kids, train and still manage to bulk who will wipe the floor with you.

• ndj1979
    Options

Dafaq?

soylent green is people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ajaxlost
    Ajaxlost Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm obviously not trying to gain :wink: but I do appreciate this thread. I have been eating brown rice like it's my job, thinking it was way better than white. Thanks for all this info. No more brown rice for me :smiley:
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »

Dafaq?

Don't get into a "who is has less free time" contest around here. There are some kick-@ss single moms who have careers/run businesses, raise their kids, train and still manage to bulk who will wipe the floor with you.
    ...eh I'm not saying this is a who has less time around here - I am saying you got 2 pay your do's.

And obviously I was right there is a market for supplementing diet since there is an actual product to do it!

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I wonder if the people coming in here saying brown rice is healthier or has more fiber or nutrients or blah blah are even bothering to read this thread.
    I like hats too.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the people coming in here saying brown rice is healthier or has more fiber or nutrients or blah blah are even bothering to read this thread.
    I like hats too.

Hats suck.

Plus they have too much fibre...
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    I like hats too.

Hats suck.

Plus they have too much fibre...
    Brown hats only though. White hats are easier to stack.