100 + pounds to lose anyone?

Options

Replies

• jwalter2327
    Options
    I have about 100-150 lbs to loose. I am on a mission (and I promised my doctor) that by the end of June I will have lost at least 30lbs before she puts me on meds for cholesterol. Not something I want to happen at my age. I am quite determined to get this weight off.
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've lost 30lbs so far since July 2014 and am looking to lose between 80-100 more! Feel free to add me and we can all support each other together! :)
  • Tati_kan
    Options
    Hi all! I have to lose around 150 lbs. Feel free to add me! Good luck to everyone! :)
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have 80 - 100 that I would like to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • djlbmiller12
    djlbmiller12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have about 132 lbs to loose. Please add me as a friend I need the support.
  • rosey975
    Options
    Hello I am new to this! Excited to start, I have about 100 lbs to lose!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I have over 150 to lose and have begun losing by tracking here. I am hoping to get weight loss surgery in the spring, however that will still require discipline and tracking to get where I want to go. Some view the surgery as cheating, but I know that I will still be working hard and needing the support to be successful. Add me please.

IF you get the surgery you will really have to make a lifestyle change. It is not a panacea. I have seen people eat their way clear through the impact of the surgery.

Bottom line is no matter how you do it you have to really want to do it - and want to do it for yourself - not for anyone else.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    jgrubb2011 wrote: »
    I've got lots too loose (100++) and not much encouragement. Everyone says they support me but they don't really encourage me. My only hope is my boyfriend who has started making all my meals. I've never seen myself as a thin person. I've always been the overweight girl my whole life - it's spiraled out of control and I'm ready for a change. I've been with my boyfriend for two years now and we've talked marriage. I refuse to get married at this size! I have to do this. I've "attempted" loosing before but every time, after a month of no change I give up. I've faced depression in on and off in life and eat for comfort when "tragedy" strikes. What are some ways to get started on the right path and not quit? When the scale doesn't move, I shut down and get discouraged....

Don't focus on the scale. Focus on your intake. Use the app and record everything that you are eating. Don't kid yourself by not putting something down. then make better choices to keep inside your calorie goal. It takes 3000 calories to add or subtract one pound.

Don't set a goal of losing a bunch early. My first goals were simply to not gain more and to get used to recording things. So I set the app for maintaining the same weight at first. Then after a month I changed the goal to lose a pound a week. Then after 6 months I set the goal to lose 1.5 pounds per week.

All I have to lose is 1 pound. I just have to do that 200 times. So far I've lost that 1 pound 72 times as of this morning. I've also missed logging in my food the day I ate it (usually within a hour of eating and sometimes before( maybe 8 times in the last 13 months and then I got it logged the next day 4 days - the other 4 I was on a canoe trip and really couldn't.

You can do it. If you mess up a day - so what. Make the right choices the next day. Make the right choices the next meal. I can't cope with eating right the rest of my life - but I don't have to. All I have to do is to eat right for my next meal.
  • vampiric_lover
    vampiric_lover Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100 pounds and need help to get started! Would love anyone that can help to add me !
  • aliciahollinger
    aliciahollinger Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ArmyofMom wrote: »
    Okay Tough Question. How many of you have taken your "before' pictures? I know you feel embarrassed, because I do. But I want to be able to see my progress even if no one else ever sees them. So challenge for today is go take your BEFORE pictures.

I'm planning on doing it this weekend. I'm scared, nervous, slightly nauseated...
  • royce5kw5
    royce5kw5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me in I need to lose 90 lbs. 7 so far and counting. Good luck all..
  • shaunellejacob22
    shaunellejacob22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Current weight 304
    Goal 150
    Need the support and committed friends who is stong and need the support and courage like I do
    Please add me :)
  • xtooshax
    xtooshax Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone im new to mfp i need to lose 50lb i dont eat too much i eat the wrong foods mostly sugary foods i eat veg but not fruit. I dont drink enough water though either and i know i should. I've been tracking my calories on mfp for a few months and i eat 1600 a day that mfp recommends sometimes less. I struggle with finding motivation to exercise or i start and give up to easily if i cant see results so basically i wondered if anyone started out in my shoes and has managed to lose weight and change their attitude toward exercise. :)
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi I had 110 lb to lose - knocked 38 of those off since August 2014 - just taking it a day at a time - don;t think about a month away focus on today and the choices you want to make - do you really need that chocolate bar ( sometimes the answer is yes and that's fine! ) as long as the no's outstrip the yes's!! lol !! what i'm trying to say is don't say NO to anything all the time you can say YES just some of the time ;) i like to help people on their 'journey' sorry! feel free to add me and i'll do my best to encourage you x
  • allenpriest
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've lost one pound. For the 75th time. Only 125 times left to go!! :)
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Currently 292, looking to get to 140lbs. Add me if you like!
  • JustGiaD
    JustGiaD Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I am really sorry I have been missing in action lately! My grams died this past thursday!
  • Duenos28
    Options

I have 150 pounds to lose and would love some buddies along this journey. I have such a long road to go that it feels overwhelming.
  • deva110913
    Options
    I too would like to have some buddies to loose weight with! My goal is to go from 300 to 175 in 12 months. It's roughly two pounds a week!
  • jaenetty37
    jaenetty37 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am on the journey as well. I need to lose 100 lbs easily but I will settle 50lbs right now. I really need encouragement and accountability, I love MFP it really does help.