Scale number will move only when good & ready

Options

Replies

• skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Way to go you two!!!! So proud of all of you!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    What progress Kim! You're doing so great ☺ I reckon I'm at 10% deficit even eating at 2100 so I am gonna stick at that level for a number of weeks. I also aim to reduce my tummy. I'm pleased with the rest of me lol.

I am noticing that I'm leaner and my tummy is reducing so I'm also making progress.

As you already know I'm down a pound which is really exciting for me as formerly I would have cut to 1700 to lose that, the reversing process is working so I'm sticking with it.

@RunRutheeRun
    Great to see 2100 working for you and your not going hungry anymore!! Your tummy is leaning out!!! Thats awesome!!!!!!!! Good work!

thanks! @skinny4me2be :)

Last week I ate 2200 gross average calories (not intentionally) i'll try to stay closer to 2100 from now on as I want to lose some more off my tummy. When I'm lying down on my back the shape of my lower tummy is looking different! so fat is definately melting away!! and the skin just below the bottom lower part of my belly button is feeling tight and taut now whereas before I'd put my finger there and it would feel skushy and fatty. My side obliques are leaning out too. The top roll of fat is slowly but surely getting smaller haha. It feels like it is taking an eternity, but I remind myself of that old saying "Rome wasn't built in a day!" Keep chip chip chipping away and it will go in time" I just keep telling myself to keep being consistent with my defecit and it will go away.

Scale is fluctuating between 59 and 60.3 these last couple of weeks and I'm not surprised either as I'm doing a new activity (footy training) and when your body starts a new activity you have small tears in the muscles and retain water for repair work. Thats what i'm attirbuting it too. I expect to see the scale number go back into the 58's in a few weeks time. Thats how the trend is going! I wouldn't be surprised though if it takes months to get down to 58 kg. I'm looking forward to my Feb 11 measurement and I'll also take a Feb 1st progress photo and that will till the story.

I'm really very excited because last time when i got to my lowest weight of 57.3 kg back in 2012 I stopped and did a metablic reset/bulk. I wish I'd have kept going so I could have seen just how much more of my tummy i could lose. I still had a little fat on my tummy that I could've gotten rid of if I had just kept on going. Never mind, i learnt a lot from it and this time around I wont stop haha. I dunno if i'll be able to achieve 6 pack abs as it all depends on genetics but my goal will be to get as flat a tummy as possible. I'll have to post some new photos up soon hey.

Yey im on holidays now for 2 weeks. I'm moving house. Cant wait to get my own space again. I'm sick of living with my parents. Dad is driving me nuts.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    any new activity will make the scale fluctuate up unfortunately but we know the reason so keep plodding on.
    I love your chip, chipping away comment :)
    We can do this!! we're always learning aren't we and its a good thing.
    Enjoy your holiday :)
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Thanks! Can't wait to have a sleep in tomorrow Cya :)
  • Kim55555
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @skinny4me2be‌ @RunRutheeRun‌

I'm having my resting metabolic rate and also body comp tested using dexa on Friday! I'm soooo excited!!! I'm curious as to what my body fat % is. Back in 2012 and weighing 59 kg I was 22.5 bf % using a different method called bio impedance

It will be handy to know what my resting metabolic rate currently is!! so I know how many calories to eat to sustain my RMR! :smile:

I will then follow up with another appointment in 3 - 6 months time to see where I'm at!

Have you guys had these tests done??
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Morning Kim, It will be great to see what your bf is now :)

I've heard of these tests of course but have no clue where I'd go here in Northern Ireland to get them done. For me its not necessary, as long as I can SEE my progress in the mirror etc I'm happy as a pig in muck LOL

Keep us posted and enjoy your day :)
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    @Kim55555 How exciting!! I've heard of these two but I think I would have to go to the University Medical school to have that done, I'm told. I'm not sure. I have my annual check up in April, I'll check then. So super excited for you. Keep us posted on what you find out.

I've been struggling a bit. I've modified my intake up, (since my scale change issue), and my body is taking its time adjusting. I'm trying very hard not to cut calories and sticking with it. But getting frustrated. I continue my work outs which I love, so that keeps me going. (really? Who says they love to work out?? :smiley: Me!!) :wink: Anyhow, I know in the end it will all even out-it just takes time.

Can't wait to hear what you've learned!! Have a great week!!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @skinny_4me‌2be you're doing great with your workouts, consistency is where success lies. The scale will move down for you, just be patient. I know you'll get to where you want to be xo
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Morning Kim, It will be great to see what your bf is now :)

I've heard of these tests of course but have no clue where I'd go here in Northern Ireland to get them done. For me its not necessary, as long as I can SEE my progress in the mirror etc I'm happy as a pig in muck LOL

Keep us posted and enjoy your day :)

hmmm yeah it'll be interesting.

haha, its fun looking at ourselves in the mirror isnt it! I'm seeing subtle changes in definitions which before you know it turns into major changes. The other day for instance my right bicep/shoulder area looked more defined than the other arm, I could see a clear line/indentation whilst doing the weights and this is what gives me even more incentive to keep going!!! I love how my body is toning up!!! Ir is so exciting for me. Today I went with my nieces to the movies and whilst a choc top might've been nice I wasn't tempted, I'd much rather see some more progress in how I look plus use those 330 calories for real food. There is a left over lamb chop that i will enjoy tonight after my weights session. Its all about priorities for me and what was/is important for me at the time! I'm very much into delayed gratification. I did though have a small scoop last week when the girls were staying over (worth a hundred calories) so I could join in, and I'll do that on the odd occasion but not very often, maybe once a month. Gotta live sometimes hey.

After I went for a swim as I walked into to the changerooms and got closer to the mirror in my croptop/bather top I caught a glimpse of myself, and thought omg wow this is me, this is how I look now (its like all of a sudden you see the real you lol... its funny because i started seeing definition around 6 weeks ago but just recently in the last couple of weeks i'm seeing even more definition and i'm becoming a little sticter on myelf these last few days. Like for instance yesterday I had a rest/recovery exercise day, very light day no neat either so as to give my knees and body a rest, so i allowed myself just 2000 calories as I didnt think I would've burned that much that day. I did feel a little hungry at the end of the night but didnt think it was a good idea to eat. Sometimes I just need to be tough on myself to balance out my intake.

haha, i write a lot dont I.

• Kim55555
    Options

hang in there @skinny4m2be you'll be fine. Your making wonderful progress. Scale will catch up to the hard work you are doing.

How many calories are you on now? and for how long have you been on them? Maybe you have added water/glycogen weight!? I think thats what may have happened with me when I increased my calories, my scale weight shot up to the low 60's for a while and now for the past 3 days its been in the mid 59's. That along with new exercise activity.
    @Kim55555 How exciting!! I've heard of these two but I think I would have to go to the University Medical school to have that done, I'm told. I'm not sure. I have my annual check up in April, I'll check then. So super excited for you. Keep us posted on what you find out.

I've been struggling a bit. I've modified my intake up, (since my scale change issue), and my body is taking its time adjusting. I'm trying very hard not to cut calories and sticking with it. But getting frustrated. I continue my work outs which I love, so that keeps me going. (really? Who says they love to work out?? :smiley: Me!!) :wink: Anyhow, I know in the end it will all even out-it just takes time.

Can't wait to hear what you've learned!! Have a great week!!!

• Kim55555
    Options
    @RunRutheeRun

I've been lurking in the bulking groups and the weight gaining groups and have learnt a lot!! I dont want to do a bulk personally but what i'm finding helpful is reading about others experiences with finding out what their true maintenance level is as they reverse diet their way up to doing a bulk. Lots of them find that they have underestimated what their TDEE is! Good news hey.

I dont personally want to bulk. I'm happy with how I look with the amount of muscle I have. I have a decent amount of muscle. I think the trick for maintenance for me will be to attempt to stay at a 5% defecit and then if I accidently get my intake wrong or my activity wrong (which might happen sometimes) then i know I wont have to worry about putting on weight. I'd rather be under by 5% than over by 5%.

I still would like to see just how much I can eat and get away with for the activity I do, but I'm not ready just yet to do that experiment. I'm trying hard to stay as close to 2100 as I can at the moment.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Kim55555 wrote: »
    @RunRutheeRun

I've been lurking in the bulking groups and the weight gaining groups and have learnt a lot!! I dont want to do a bulk personally but what i'm finding helpful is reading about others experiences with finding out what their true maintenance level is as they reverse diet their way up to doing a bulk. Lots of them find that they have underestimated what their TDEE is! Good news hey.

I dont personally want to bulk. I'm happy with how I look with the amount of muscle I have. I have a decent amount of muscle. I think the trick for maintenance for me will be to attempt to stay at a 5% defecit and then if I accidently get my intake wrong or my activity wrong (which might happen sometimes) then i know I wont have to worry about putting on weight. I'd rather be under by 5% than over by 5%.

I still would like to see just how much I can eat and get away with for the activity I do, but I'm not ready just yet to do that experiment. I'm trying hard to stay as close to 2100 as I can at the moment.

absolutely agree with what you're saying, I feel the same way and think 5% deficit is perfect as it allows for inconsistencies with logging :)
  • Kim55555
    Options
    :)
  • skinny4me2be
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @Kim55555, Well, i think that's my problem. I keep changing my calorie intake based on what my scale is saying...(bad habits are so hard to break). But yesterday I put the brakes on. ha ha!! In addition, I started the Beta workout of T25. My guess is my body is a little confused on both. So I can see why the scale is being grumpy with me! ha ha!

Yesterday I took a range from the Scooby, IIFYM, Fitness Frog and one other website, Heybales spreadsheet, then I also did my actual TDEE from last week. Lots of math involved in figuring this :-) I then figured the high (20% deficit) and the low (15% Deficit) from each site and then my own calculations, and averaged it out to be 1841 per day, not eating back exercise cals. I could stick with a higher amount, but want to give my body a reasonable deficit. My last range of 1850-2000 maybe wasn't right...because who knows if my scale was even working right--who knows if I was really losing or not? So in a sense I'm starting over and I'm going to try this for one week and see how it responds and adjust from there.

Thanks for all your support ladies. I will get to your point some day!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @skinny_4me‌2be 1840 sounds doable, you've done the math now trust the process ok, you're on the right path.

Your workouts will be making your body cling for dear life to extra water, even more so of your muscles are aching.... keep on going chick, I'm cheering you on ☺
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    @skinny_4me‌2be 1840 sounds doable, you've done the math now trust the process ok, you're on the right path.

Your workouts will be making your body cling for dear life to extra water, even more so of your muscles are aching.... keep on going chick, I'm cheering you on ☺
    @ RunRutheeRun thanks much Hun! I am sticking to it!! Weighing and measuring my food!! Crossing my fingers my body listens!!

• madierdorf
    madierdorf Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I agree great post. When I was married I weighted 125 and wore a size 10 now 142 and a size 8-10 but mostly 8. I have started running and love it.:-) .Its not all about pounds:-)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

@ RunRutheeRun thanks much Hun! I am sticking to it!! Weighing and measuring my food!! Crossing my fingers my body listens!!
    Good girl, I'm proud of ya and glad to have you on my friend list :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    madierdorf wrote: »
    I agree great post. When I was married I weighted 125 and wore a size 10 now 142 and a size 8-10 but mostly 8. I have started running and love it.:-) .Its not all about pounds:-)

Great to hear this, good job :)
  • Kim55555
    Options
    @Kim55555, Well, i think that's my problem. I keep changing my calorie intake based on what my scale is saying...(bad habits are so hard to break). But yesterday I put the brakes on. ha ha!! In addition, I started the Beta workout of T25. My guess is my body is a little confused on both. So I can see why the scale is being grumpy with me! ha ha!

Yesterday I took a range from the Scooby, IIFYM, Fitness Frog and one other website, Heybales spreadsheet, then I also did my actual TDEE from last week. Lots of math involved in figuring this :-) I then figured the high (20% deficit) and the low (15% Deficit) from each site and then my own calculations, and averaged it out to be 1841 per day, not eating back exercise cals. I could stick with a higher amount, but want to give my body a reasonable deficit. My last range of 1850-2000 maybe wasn't right...because who knows if my scale was even working right--who knows if I was really losing or not? So in a sense I'm starting over and I'm going to try this for one week and see how it responds and adjust from there.

Thanks for all your support ladies. I will get to your point some day!!

Glad to see the scale is on the downtrend trend! Yes! I agree! Eat at the calories you set yourself and have faith and patience that the scale will go down! Does your body follow a scale trend? :smile:

For me I lose every 4-6 weeks then no scale movement for 4-6 weeks. I've recorded this pattern so I'm not freaking out yet that my scale weight hasn't gotten back down into the 58's. It's only been 3 weeks. Still might not go down for a few more weeks.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!