So how did you all fix your cravings for fast food?

Options

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    You seem to think you know a lot about me. But have fun with all that admiration.

I know from your profile page that you're a middle-aged woman (50 years old) who doesn't want to make new friends ("I don't get the concept of adding strangers as friends."), blames aging for her problems ("Aging sucks"), tries to hide herself in video games (your avatar), and suffers from low self esteem ("To look better in my clothes." and you didn't post an actual picture of YOURSELF).

I say stop being unhappy, find your joy, and be the queen you are.

*sigh*.

I see a stranger as a friend I haven't met yet. I mean how else does one make friends if not with someone who was a stranger?

Meet them in person, not behind a made up internet persona??
    So you're the one with an anime avatar and we're made up?

OOOOOOOOOOK.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    You seem to think you know a lot about me. But have fun with all that admiration.

I know from your profile page that you're a middle-aged woman (50 years old) who doesn't want to make new friends ("I don't get the concept of adding strangers as friends."), blames aging for her problems ("Aging sucks"), tries to hide herself in video games (your avatar), and suffers from low self esteem ("To look better in my clothes." and you didn't post an actual picture of YOURSELF).

*sigh*.

I see a stranger as a friend I haven't met yet. I mean how else does one make friends if not with someone who was a stranger?

So you're the one with an anime avatar and we're made up?

OOOOOOOOOOK.

Um, what??
  • anaazar24
    anaazar24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    it depends on what you are craving. Taco Bell= 1 can organic refried beans+trader joes baked organic tortilla chips(low guilt)+salsa..maybe some chicken.... get some taco bell hot sauce. Do not forget the avocado and shredded lettuce.
    Chicken wing craving= oven roast some skinless chicken thighs and coat in greek yogurt and buffalo sauce.
    McDonalds- small buffalo or lean ground beef patties w sprouted grain hamburger buns with homemade mayo/greek yogurt dip + pickles,tomatoes, and onions...YUM
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options

*sigh*.

I've made plenty of strangers who have become friends who I have later met on the internet as well and they were exactly who they said they were.

You really think that a real live flesh and blood person won't pretend to be someone they're not?

• anaazar24
    anaazar24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Most times what you are craving is a result of not drinking enough water/iron deficiency/needing to up your protein or just get into green smoothies. That will quench things at times.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

*sigh*.

I've made plenty of strangers who have become friends who I have later met on the internet as well and they were exactly who they said they were.

You really think that a real live flesh and blood person won't pretend to be someone they're not?

You don't even have a pic of yourself as an avatar! How sad you must be.
  • jkwolly
    Options

*sigh*.

Pot, kettle?!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

*sigh*.

Pot, kettle?!

Joke. Sarcasm.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

*sigh*.

For the sake of discussion I've run a tough mudder with people I met here, had lunch with people I met here, had a cookout at my house and invited (you guessed it) people I met here. I'm off to do lunch, dinner, and general fun with about half a dozen people I met here, on MFP, who've become some of my greatest friends and greatest sources of support.
  • jkwolly
    Options

*sigh*.

Pot, kettle?!

Joke. Sarcasm.
    But I don't think it is, especially based on your above post about fake online personna's. Feels like you've been burned before and are just snarky about knowing someone online.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

*sigh*.

For the sake of discussion I've run a tough murder with people I met here, had lunch with people I met here, had a cookout at my house and invited (you guessed it) people I met here. I'm off to do lunch, dinner, and general fun with about half a dozen people I met here, on MFP, who've become some of my greatest friends and greatest sources of support.

All joking aside, I think that's wonderful. It's just not the way I choose to live. If that is reason for ridicule and scoffing, then, while I don't understand it, scoff away. I've always tried to respect the differences in people.

ETA: I didn't mean ridicule from you personally.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options

*sigh*.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    well this thread has taken an interesting turn ...
  • denisegresham1
    denisegresham1 Posts: 47 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I still indulge in fast food about once a week. Whoppers are my favorite, but in a pinch I will take a burger from McDonalds. I try not to do the fries, but get a small one if really have to have it. I just really have to watch my carbs and sodium for that day. I also found since I have been on low carb, low sodium diet, that a few bites of fast food is more than enough for me, but it took a year.
  • Bonnieelizabeth
    Bonnieelizabeth Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I usually skip all of the bread and then have the frys if I want them and hardly ever eat regular bread even at home also I try to budget my carbs out so I can enjoy the occasional treat that I want!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

*sigh*.

Pot, kettle?!

Joke. Sarcasm.
    But I don't think it is, especially based on your above post about fake online personna's. Feels like you've been burned before and are just snarky about knowing someone online.

Okay, but you do understand that what you feel is beyond my control, right?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I *LOVE* cooking and experimenting with food. It's a hobby of mine and I love sharing my creations with my friends, but what a limiting thing for that to be my ONLY experience in life. Why NOT let someone else do the work and enjoy really good food that someone else worked hard to prepare.

Couldn't agree more. Also, I love trying cuisines that I'm not familiar enough with or don't have the ingredients to make properly or the more inventive ideas of various chefs that I might well never think of, even apart from the amazing ingredients they might have access to. And I do often get ideas that I take back to my own cooking.

The anti eating out thing here always puzzles me, especially when it's framed as not just a personal choice (your life, glad that's not my choice, however), but as some kind of superior way of life. For me eating out is a social thing and extremely enjoyable, as well as related to the fact that I do enjoy food and see no reason to give that up. It's also something I have to do from time to time for work anyway, and also makes occasional required work travel more tolerable.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Probably from eating too much crap. :p
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options

lol
    Processed crap!
    Can't we all just get along? Who wants a cookie?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    lgutches wrote: »

lol
    Processed crap!
    Can't we all just get along? Who wants a cookie?

Cookies are processed crap... :)

:cauliflowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.