SUPERBOWL - How Will You Get Through It?

Options

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    SandyCoils wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I was listening to the radio and they were saying that for new dieters that started for the New Year, the Superbowl is the biggest challenge they have. They said that during the Superbowl alone, the average person consumes more than 2100 calories! My family is big into the Superbowl and having the pizza, wings, queso & guac, along with any other junk snacks. I'm already try to plan for how I will eat (or not). Are any of you also planning ahead on how to handle Superbowl parties and snacks? What are your plans to try to stay on top of your calories and goals?

I will ignore the Superbowl like I do every year because no one in my household cares about football in the slightest. Easy.
    If it were something I was going to watch, then I would plan ahead as much as possible. Look up serving sizes and calorie info for typical snacks. I would try to portion out food onto a plate or individual bowl so I wouldn't eat too much of it. Eat slowly. I would just drink water so the calories would only be from food. Bring some lower calorie dip or snacks to share. Chew gum or keep your hands busy so you don't just reach for food because it is there. Choose a seat away from the snacks. Get up and move around every so often.
  • CObluegrass
    CObluegrass Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    considering I am hoping upon hope that both teams lose this year, I probably won't pay much attention and will just eat like it's a regular Sunday.
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    With home made buffalo wings and a big yummy salad. i make some kick *** wings.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I will wake up and prepare some crock-pot talapia. I am going to watch the beginning half from an elliptical at my gym. Then I will go home, finish the talapia, sit down, and watch the rest of it. Without junk food.

Well actually, I'll probably buy an oversized bag of doritos. I bought some two days ago for Sunday...but we ate them accidentally.
  • ladybursnall
    ladybursnall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have gf recipe for wings bacon wrapped chicken bite my own home salsa and la favorite tortilla chips 60 call per serving
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You can either:

1) Not go to Superbowl parties.
    2) Go to parties but not eat anything.

OR

3) Go to parties, enjoy whatever snacks they have and fit it into your daily calorie allotment.

I'm doing number 4) Not giving a crap about calories that day because hey, it's the Super Bowl.
  • auntchellebelle
    auntchellebelle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You can either:

1) Not go to Superbowl parties.
    2) Go to parties but not eat anything.

OR

3) Go to parties, enjoy whatever snacks they have and fit it into your daily calorie allotment.

I'm doing number 4) Not giving a crap about calories that day because hey, it's the Super Bowl.

This. I am ordering wings and making a buffalo chicken dip.
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    First, I didn't want to cause any trouble. I just wanted to ask what people were doing for Superbowl to get ideas and see if I could learn something new or hear something different.

I am going to make the same things my family enjoys, but I will have some options for myself. I'm not really nervous about it, just wanted to see what others were doing and how they were handling it. I don't drink beer, and I have cut waaay back on sodas with the help of Perrier and Pelligrino. I've been under all this week, and I plan to be under on Sunday as well. My weigh in is Monday and I want to get a good result from Mr. Scale!
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am making wings and grilling burgers, probably have some fries and a few beers. How else would you get through it?
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    2100 calories is less than a pound of fat gain if I eat that much over my maintenance. Totally worth it. Burn it off over the next week and enjoy the extra energy.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I'm getting through it with the help of chips & guac, chili and beer.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Like this:

large.gif
  • SandyCoils
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Like this:

large.gif

OMG!!!!!! LOL :o:D
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Bring foods that you want to eat! I'm bringing shrimp and crab, and a colorful array of sliced bell peppers mmm.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I will do what I do with every holiday or special occasion...I will enjoy myself and consume those things that are traditionally consumed on such events and I will go back to my normal habits the next day.

Your weight control is not dependent on a handful of holidays and special occasions during the year...nobody got fat because they had a few too many wings while watching the SB...people get fat when they treat every day like a holiday or special occasion. When you take a big picture view of all of this, you quickly realize that these handful of events are largely irrelevant to the whole.
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter, I'm just here so I don't get fined.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    kmorgan221 wrote: »

i-see-what-you-did-there_o_514831.gif
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    By being English :grinning:
  • SandyCoils
    Options
    kmorgan221 wrote: »

HAHAHAHA

• ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    2100 calories actually seems like a very low estimate, especially considering that the average Super Bowl watcher likely consumes beer as well.

I'll be getting through it by not watching, because I'm Canadian, I don't own a TV, and I have no interest in sports. So, you know, I'm pretty confident.