SUPERBOWL - How Will You Get Through It?

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I'll work off the calories by swearing at the TV about cheaters and their cheaty-cheatin' ways.

LOL!

• sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    aplcr0331 wrote: »
    My high horse will trample the soles of most fatties. But, I'm thinking that my condescending attitude will fill me up for the most part. For pleasure I'll let all my friends know what kind of *kitten* they are for eating literally and in all actuality garabage. My disgust at their sloth will be my fuel through the game.

For dessert, however, I may just feast on the skittle like entrails of any small animals I find (and maybe lick some tree bark for fiber).

see, now that's funny!
  • ccnclee
    ccnclee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'll work off the calories by swearing at the TV about cheaters and their cheaty-cheatin' ways.
    Don't forget to swear at both teams as having many players caught using PED's last year means the SeaChickens cheated...and at least theres evidence on that. Ha

• runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    SandyCoils wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I was listening to the radio and they were saying that for new dieters that started for the New Year, the Superbowl is the biggest challenge they have. They said that during the Superbowl alone, the average person consumes more than 2100 calories! My family is big into the Superbowl and having the pizza, wings, queso & guac, along with any other junk snacks. I'm already try to plan for how I will eat (or not). Are any of you also planning ahead on how to handle Superbowl parties and snacks? What are your plans to try to stay on top of your calories and goals?

OP,
    Here is my strategy.
    Super Bowl is for only one day.
    I'm going to overeat for Only that one day.
    That being said I'll go in a slightly larger Calorie Deficit 3 days before the bowl.
    This calorie deficit is giving me enough room to not track on the bowl day.
    EDTA : Next day on wards it's business as usual.
    Leftover will be brought to work to be kept in office kitchen.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    ccnclee wrote: »
    Don't forget to swear at both teams as having many players caught using PED's last year means the SeaChickens cheated...and at least theres evidence on that. Ha

How do you know that's not who I meant? DEFENSIVE MUCH? <g>

(I'm a Chargers fan so I'm used to hating both teams in the Big Game)

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I also have a 35 mile ride scheduled (my typical Sunday) for that morning provided my balls are all healed up and I can sit in the saddle...that should give me a fairly decent allowance.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

I'm going to eat it all! If I'm not eating or drinking for at least 80% of the game, I'm calling it a failure.
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    Beer, wings, Beer, pizza, Beer, nachos, Beer, Mary Browns Fried Chicken, Beer, Probably assorted chips, and nuts, Beer, Cheese, Crackers, Pepperoni, Beer, Sleep

Only seven beers? What a lightweight. Sheesh.

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i'll be eating this:

chocolate-deflategate-football.jpg
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I was listening to the radio and they were saying that for new dieters that started for the New Year, the Superbowl is the biggest challenge they have. They said that during the Superbowl alone, the average person consumes more than 2100 calories! My family is big into the Superbowl and having the pizza, wings, queso & guac, along with any other junk snacks. I'm already try to plan for how I will eat (or not). Are any of you also planning ahead on how to handle Superbowl parties and snacks? What are your plans to try to stay on top of your calories and goals?

It's just one day. Much like Christmas and Thanksgiving was. It isn't going to wreck me, the question (or the solution rather) is what I do on 90% of the other days of the year.

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Beer, wings, Beer, pizza, Beer, nachos, Beer, Mary Browns Fried Chicken, Beer, Probably assorted chips, and nuts, Beer, Cheese, Crackers, Pepperoni, Beer, Sleep

The problem with the word beer is the plural is beer.
    7 would be a warm up
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

The problem with the word beer is the plural is beer.
    7 would be a warm up

Nice!
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    2100 would be right below what goal for the day anyhow. Maybe I'll just wait to eat until it starts or eat a small breakfast/lunch in addition and break even for the day.

No, no, they're saying that just during the time of the Superbowl - not the rest of the day, but in those few hours people consume an average of 2100 cals!!!! I was mortified!
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    It's disgusting... Call me a jerk but I take great pleasure in snacking on my healthy options while others scarf down endless amounts of fried wings, buffalo dip, pizza, chips, garbage! Ugh! I don't want nor do I crave that kind of stuff any longer. And the physical pain of eating it is not even worth a bite! I think about where I used to be... along side them eating and drinking excessive calories... and I think about how I used to feel. Fat, tired, bloated, run down, sore, low energy, little motivation. Then I think about how I feel now which is miles away from and a thousand times better. My friends are big into the Superbowl as well, I personally couldn't care less but... I go with the flow. For the last game we had friends over to my place and I told them to bring whatever snacks they liked. I made a big veggie platter with healthy dip and a big fruit bowl. I also made a healthy Paleo chili that they loved! I didn't touch anything they brought. This time we are going to their house. Again I plan to bring a bunch of healthy snacks. I actually don't go anywhere without my own healthy snacks and/or meals. Anyway, it's not really so much of a challenge for me any longer so this maybe didn't help much. BTW, I do live in New England so yeah... Go Pats (I guess). I'd rather be boxing :smiley:
    That a fine looking high horse you got there.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    It's disgusting... Call me a jerk but I take great pleasure in snacking on my healthy options while others scarf down endless amounts of fried wings, buffalo dip, pizza, chips, garbage! Ugh! I don't want nor do I crave that kind of stuff any longer. And the physical pain of eating it is not even worth a bite! I think about where I used to be... along side them eating and drinking excessive calories... and I think about how I used to feel. Fat, tired, bloated, run down, sore, low energy, little motivation. Then I think about how I feel now which is miles away from and a thousand times better. My friends are big into the Superbowl as well, I personally couldn't care less but... I go with the flow. For the last game we had friends over to my place and I told them to bring whatever snacks they liked. I made a big veggie platter with healthy dip and a big fruit bowl. I also made a healthy Paleo chili that they loved! I didn't touch anything they brought. This time we are going to their house. Again I plan to bring a bunch of healthy snacks. I actually don't go anywhere without my own healthy snacks and/or meals. Anyway, it's not really so much of a challenge for me any longer so this maybe didn't help much. BTW, I do live in New England so yeah... Go Pats (I guess). I'd rather be boxing :smiley:

I wish I was you. I bet you get invited to all the best parties.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    2100 would be right below what goal for the day anyhow. Maybe I'll just wait to eat until it starts or eat a small breakfast/lunch in addition and break even for the day.

No, no, they're saying that just during the time of the Superbowl - not the rest of the day, but in those few hours people consume an average of 2100 cals!!!! I was mortified!

I fully intend to eat way more than that during the game
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I will wake up and prepare some crock-pot talapia. I am going to watch the beginning half from an elliptical at my gym. Then I will go home, finish the talapia, sit down, and watch the rest of it. Without junk food.

Well actually, I'll probably buy an oversized bag of doritos. I bought some two days ago for Sunday...but we ate them accidentally.

Tell me about this crock pot tilapia! Way more interesting than football!
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm going to sleep through it so I can hit the gym at 6am on Monday before I go to work.
    Plus, the Steelers aren't playing so there's really no point in watching.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have whatever I want, log it to the best of my ability, and forget about it. Maybe adjust my calories a little lower over the following week, maybe not. The Superbowl is the one time all year I have my absolute favorite snack in the entire world -- it's this amazing layered dip my best friend makes and, while I know the ingredients, I don't know how much she uses of which thing, so my logging will be a guess and a prayer anyway.

Plus, you know, beer. I don't like football; I go to the Superbowl festivities for the dip, the beer, and the commercials. It's once a year, I won't die of it.