Busy mom's fun at home fitness!

Options
jm216
jm216 Posts: 3,802 Member
I'm a working mom with a messy house! I sneak in my fitness while doing laundry, dishes, and cleaning up. Plus, I hate the gym...and that's OK. Join me, crank up the radio, and dance your house clean!

Replies

• jm216
    Options
    Ok, I've got about 30 minutes before getting ready for work. Time to fold the laundry while marching in place...then a quick "Tornado Tidy" in the living room with some good music and pajama dancing.... No, I'm not a professional dancer. It's gonna be fun! Try it. It also helps to sing loud with the music. :)
  • jm216
    Options
    Ok...the tornado tidy didn't exactly happen, but it's time to make lunches and dance...while doing it! I did shovel snow for 15 minutes, and did 10 minutes of Fitstar today. Not bad for a first day!
  • shanaet
    shanaet Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good idea didn't think about that I need to find exercise around the house sing mom of 3 and baby has stranger danger so going to gym is out for now been paying for 3 years and haven't been once
  • jm216
    Options
    There are also good free apps on your smartphone too. I like FitStar....because it works together with MyFitnessPal.
  • jm216
    Options
    It's tough to get to the gym...especially with kids. Join me in at home fitness, Shanaet.
  • oct2889
    Options
    I know what cha mean!
  • Juliemommy4
    Juliemommy4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I stay home with my 1and 3 year old and do exercise DVDs. I'm trying to lose 30 lbs by April! I exercise early early morning or real late at night usually
  • jm216
    Options
    Dvd's are great, too.
  • jm216
    Options
    My dog is also my best walking buddy. She never complains, even when it's freezing outside. :)
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I do this too! Its productive and fun! :) I've just recently got a new TV too which has youtube built in to it, so it comes in handy for exercise vids on youtube once the kids have gone to bed :)
  • NoreTil
    NoreTil Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site and just looking for communities with same interest. I love your practical way I of getting excercise in.
  • jm216
    Options
    I love that we all squeeze in exercise whenever we can. I was getting munchy sitting at work, so instead of grazing in the kitchen, I took a mini dance break. Today I'm by myself in the office... :sweat_smile:
  • BelleBates
    BelleBates Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I dance while cooking and cleaning sometimes. But I also use my 9 month old daughter for my extra weight and she loves doing sit ups and squats with me lol
  • lisa1574
    lisa1574 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love your way of thinking of it! I'm a mom of 4 and I struggle to find just 20 min some days for any fitness. Sometimes I just get to walk up and down the stairs twice instead of once. Or done squats while doing dishes. Definitely gonna add in some of your ideas!
  • jm216
    Options
    I love the daughter lifts! That's great! If my kids, or dog, are on the floor, I do push ups by them and kiss them on the nose with each rep. Be careful, because I almost squashed the dog once, for laughing so hard!
  • jm216
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend...for some reason my phone won't let me...
  • jm216
    Options
    Gotta clean up dance again. The great thing about kids is that I always get to clean up dance after them!
  • jm216
    Options
    30 minutes of vacuuming and cleaning the floors...now off to bed...so sleepy
  • aylagrly
    Options
    My exercise is dancing lol. I use our xbox one and use xbox fitness and dance to mossa groove. I only have about an hour during the while my toddler sleeps to get my work out in and the mossa is only 30 mins and that also allows me to either switch to our xbox 360 and do some of my zumba or stay with Xbox fitness and do yoga or b pilates. Its also kinda hard for me to really do much more due to having 2 bad knees both with tendonosis in them. But the dancing is very low impact and is fun.
  • jm216
    Options
    I agree...the key is having fun!!