Do you get hit on?

Options

Replies

• NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It's been years since I have been hit on in any kind of serious manner. I can't even get hit on by my husband...
  • RobbtheGeek
    Options
    Not too sure I'm confident but crap at ppls signals! But I hope so!
  • PeterSedesse
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    I don't often get a real honest to goodness line but guys do come up and tell me I am pretty. Its odd though, they always say it and then walk away. I would actually love to know why that is. It happened a couple days ago. I was at the gym at a time that I do not normally go and I am makeup free with the hair in a braid sweating like a fountain and struggling to move the weights that I just added 5lbs to and some guy walks up and says "I just wanted to say that you are very pretty and in great shape" I say "wow, that is very nice of you, thank you" and he just walks away. I am married so its not like I am really disappointed that they are not pursuing any further but am I like a van gogh (pretty from far away) or something?

I do this frequently. The truth is sometimes you just want to make someone feel good about themselves, you want to encourage them and maybe motivate them a little. But if you are a guy saying it to a girl, and you ´keep at it´.. then the girl will think you just want to sleep with her. So if you really want to encourage someone and maybe give them a smile for awhile, you compliment them and just move on so they know their was no motive other than to just give you the compliment.
  • Oops_Myhaloslipped
    Oops_Myhaloslipped Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Define "hit on". Honestly, I don't know, I don't think so. I got winked at today, although I was singing a naughty song at the top of my lungs and maybe the guy thought I was directing it towards him? Honestly, I haven't a clue what flirting is.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I get hit but it's not nice :'(
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Gotta laugh at the OP. She's worried guys aren't hitting on her at the gym, but her profile states she's not here to get hit on. You can't make this *kitten* up. Haha.
  • blissgage
    blissgage Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I do get hit on a lot. I don't at the gym, but I think that's because I am pretty focused on my workouts. :wink:
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Gotta laugh at the OP. She's worried guys aren't hitting on her at the gym, but her profile states she's not here to get hit on. You can't make this *kitten* up. Haha.

Okay well c'mon dude, it's MFP! Way different from real life! Of course she gets hit on here, she's an attractive young woman! And she put that as a disclaimer because I'm sure the guys on here are much more dirty than "Wow you look nice today" "You have lovely eyes"...

Heck I even got a message from some guy telling me his whole life story and wanting to get to know me, like what. I don't even have a profile pic and my profile is set to private, I could be 400+ pounds and 80 years old with the face of a rhino, but it doesn't even matter...
  • AmberStarr_87
    AmberStarr_87 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on, I tote 4 kids around with me everywhere & it doesn't exactly scream "available" (well, I'm not lol) but even when I'm alone and out, it just doesn't happen. Maybe it's my resting *kitten* face? Who knows!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Dumdest thread ever. Everyone gets hit on sometimes.
  • ginxx27
    ginxx27 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    i dont...not too often
  • Makhai_
    Makhai_ Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    We got "hit" by our dogs on our run this morning, does that count?
  • Melissa90xo
    Melissa90xo Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on, I tote 4 kids around with me everywhere & it doesn't exactly scream "available" (well, I'm not lol) but even when I'm alone and out, it just doesn't happen. Maybe it's my resting *kitten* face? Who knows!

Resting *kitten* face.. does it every time :smile:
  • sexygoodness
    sexygoodness Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    not as much as I would like to be hit on... yes I know I am married but... its still feels nice to get hit on :)
  • RobbtheGeek
    Options
    Don't think I'd get hit on in these tights :)
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    The more weight I lose, the more I'm getting hit on... I'll take it! haha
  • That is it! They are intimidated I was just explaining this to my best friend/workout companion. She has lost so much weight and gotten so fit over the past year (though she didn't have a bad body to begin with) she is very fit now and in shape and wonders why no men will hit on her or even ask her on a date.

• indycoltz
    indycoltz Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    It's 2015. A generation of guys has been raised to fear rejection... So yes, it's few and far between to find a guy that'll fo that. I'm surely not a guy that has the nerve/ego to just walk up and show interest... So I get it.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    It comes in waves. I will go a while without getting hit on IRL, then it will happen a lot. Depends on the age of the crowd I am out with though