February Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ThatOneNerdyChick
    ThatOneNerdyChick Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This is great, I'm in for 60 miles - just finished my first run of February.
    exercise.png
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I didn't hit my 65 for January, so I"m going for 65 again. Fingers crossed!
    Date..........Run..............Total............Pace
    01FEB15 - 07.04 miles/07.04 miles/11:05
  • cooter_mom
    cooter_mom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My ticker is p!ssing me off. :|
  • cooter_mom
    Options
    exercise.png
  • cooter_mom
    Options
    YAY!! it worked!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

My goal for February: 75 miles, and earn the Zombies, Run! achievement "A Month of Rundays."

exercise.png

And because I'm insane, I think I'll also call it a month of hill workouts.

cooter_mom wrote: »
    exercise.png

My goal for February: 75 miles, and earn the Zombies, Run! achievement "A Month of Rundays."

exercise.png

I wish I wasn't such a scaredy cat! The Zombies, Run! app seems like it would be fun.......I'd just NEVER sleep!!!!

A month of hills sounds terrifying to me!!!! ;)

@HealthyFocused715‌ - I'm with you on this! A month of hills - YIKES!!
    That said I am off to check out a regional park where I can do some hill work :)
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    In for 70 this month......

2/1 - 7.5

exercise.png
  • Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    So sick at the end of last month and worked like a dog during it. So I didn't really do much for January but I'm back again for another go. Going for 60k. Starting slow because I have to get my lungs back after the head cold.

Feb 1 - 3k

exercise.png
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm off the mark with a very slow 3.5 miles. My eldest ( she's just starting her weight loss and fitness journey ) came out with me today and it was lovely to spend time with her, I must admit I was dying to run but I also want to encourage her to get fit so running off and leaving her behind wouldn't have been very encouraging. Tomorrow I will run.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options

That's why it's only 4000 feet of elevation - I have a calculator that tells me that's just a little more than a 1% incline over 75 miles. I think the level 2 hill workout on the treadmill I like at the gym should cover it... Perhaps I am not being ambitious enough.

In other news: I think the Zombies, Run! achievement is not going to happen. I've got no motivation to go to the gym after my 2.5 hours of shoveling. Also, something about a blizzard warning, and I have no idea if the gym will be open. And it's still snowing. So, I'll try that one again sometime after the last danger of frost. Or is it cheating if I jog in place in my living room with the app on? Nah - I think I'd rather have some cocoa...

• tweekedgirl
    tweekedgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    1/2 - 3.77 miles

Off to a good start!
    exercise.png
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options

I wish I wasn't such a scaredy cat! The Zombies, Run! app seems like it would be fun.......I'd just NEVER sleep!!!!

Me too! I jump out of my skin if a cat runs in front of me while I'm running! Plus I run when it's dark in the morning so I could never listen to Zombies at that time.
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @shanaber - too funny!! Running in a park sounds really nice!

@autumnblade75 - I vote for cocoa! Zombies will still be out hunting tomorrow! And lots of months after this one to get the month of rundays!

@ddmom0811 - that would be really freaky! I don't even like to have my headphones on when its dark.

2/1 - 3 miles, treadmill (&2.5ish miles snow shoeing)

3 miles total; 100 miles goal

exercise.png
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    exercise.png

exercise.png

That said I am off to check out a regional park where I can do some hill work :)
    I think a month of running hills sounds even more gruesome than being chased by zombies - the only worse thing I can imagine would be a pack of zombies chasing me up the hills :p
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    exercise.png

exercise.png

I think a month of running hills sounds even more gruesome than being chased by zombies - the only worse thing I can imagine would be a pack of zombies chasing me up the hills :p

LOL! That would be the worst!
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm in again for 100 km.

Starting slow - today was supposed to be the long-run-day, but I was a little short on time, so "long" was shorter than in the recent months. To make up for that, I added some sprints in the last km and topped it off with running up the stairt to my apartment. That last bit nearly killed me!

1.2.2015 - 9 km
    9 km (of 100 km) done

exercise.png
  • cooter_mom
    edited February 2015
    Options
    exercise.png
    [/url]

• cooter_mom
    Options
    exercise.png
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

2/1 = 6.5 miles
  • cooter_mom
    Options
    @ddmom0811‌ lol! I'm glad I'm not the only chicken!!!!!