February Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• linanneasley
    linanneasley Posts: 31 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I don't run, EVER, but I'd like to.. so here goes, don't laugh at my mini goal of 15 miles.
    exercise.png[img][/img]
  • elizabethpro
    elizabethpro Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! exercise.png
  • louislove17
    louislove17 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I will go for 75, since i did 26 in the past week and a half... though i might be able to do more.. but I want to be able to reach it so I'll be realistic.

exercise.png
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    (Feb. 2) 2.25 walk
    exercise.png
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I don't run, EVER, but I'd like to.. so here goes, don't laugh at my mini goal of 15 miles.
    exercise.png[img][/img]

Welcome Elizabethpro, no one will laugh at you we were all new to running once.
  • paulanthony9596
    paulanthony9596 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 40 miles!
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    100 km this month, because it sounds so much nicer than 60 miles :D

exercise.png
  • johnsonnelly
    johnsonnelly Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Feb 1 - 3.1 miles (5k)
    Feb 2 - 3.1 miles (5k)

exercise.png

• fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Steph_135 wrote: »
    I need a little push to get running again. Since it's been cold out, I have basically just stopped altogether. I want to get on the treadmill, and get moving again.

My goal is 20 km (12.4 mi). Minimal, I know, but my goal is to run about 2 km/session, 2 times/week. I am getting back into the groove.
    I did that last winter(2013)- just quit running when the weather turned nasty. In 2014 I started streak running to hold myself accountable. I'm delighted to say that with the awesome support of other runners here it really hasn't been that bad. You can do this!!! Welcome & happy winter running.
    My first run of the month was kind of scary, but not because of the zombies (an app I use religiously). It got dark, incredibly windy and lightning-y part way through the run which was exciting but a wee bit terrifying. One minute after I arrived home it started absolutely bucketing, so I'm just glad I made it back before that.
    You were running in an electrical storm. I thought I'd done it all but I have never run through lightning. I hereby pass on my 'crazy running lady' title to you. :) Glad you made it home safely!

_Date___ Miles
    Feb 1 ___17.3 __long first run to start February off right
    Feb 2 ___ 3.5 __8F another snowstorm

Month total= 20.8miles ___ 129.2remaining

exercise.png

Current Streak: 162days = 1041.7miles

• loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 72 miles this month as I ramp up training for my half in May.

Feb. 1 - 6 miles
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ran 2 miles today. My 4 year old has been asking to go with me when I run so I took her with me in the jogging stroller. My easy pace felt a lot more difficult but she was so happy to go so no complaints here.

exercise.png
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) i pledge 42

exercise.png

• Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    2/1--- 10.1 miles, trail
    2/2--- 6 miles, trail

16.1 miles done/ 130 goal
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    exercise.png

2/2 3.94 miles, 142 feet - having some trouble updating the miles ticker.

• cooter_mom
    cooter_mom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • Wendy1Fl
    Wendy1Fl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am hopping on with a February goal of 48 miles. Still only running on the weekends due to daylight. I ran 7.46 miles in 1 hour, 18 minutes last Saturday; this is my first run without walking breaks. Bloomsday is a 7.46 mile race. My goal is to do my 1st Bloomsday in under 1 hour, 12 minutes. Can anyone give me training tips on how to shave these 6 minutes off my time? I've never actually trained for anything, just always been a recreational runner & I haven't the slightest idea where to begin building speed.
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    2/1, 3 miles, treadmill
    2/2, 4.34 miles, treadmill

7.34 total; 100 goal

Can't get my ticker to work either...
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    exercise.png[img][/img]
    Be careful - Running is addicting! I was sure I would NEVER be a runner, I hated running, and now... well that was before and now... I am addicted! :laugh:
    Welcome to the group and happy running!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @ddmom0811‌ - hope your leg is better soon! Shin splints maybe?
    @Wendy1Fl‌ - When is the race? There are many training plans available online to try but you might just try running some intervals, or running some part(s) of a regular run a bit faster than you normally run. Use your watch or a HR monitor to measure how you are doing. But only do this with one of your weekend runs... if you can run more often you could try it 2x/week.

Date.......Miles.......Total
    02/01.... 4.60....... 4.60
    02/02.... 5.75......10.35

exercise.png
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @ddmom0811‌ - hope your leg is better soon! Shin splints maybe?

I just checked a Runners World video and it seems like those are more in the front. This is sort of the side of the upper calf, up by the knee. Gosh, hope it's not the knee. I think I hurt it biking. Because that's when it started. So I'm going to read up on those type of injuries. And of course, see a doctor if I have to. :neutral_face: