What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    May not seem like much to some people, but 50 straight seconds of jumping jacks this morning.

That's great! I wish I could do jumping jacks! I've got arthritis and a neuromuscular disease which prevents me from being active. Keep it up and before long you'll be doing so much more!
  • PlantBasedforLifeFOK
    Options
    I finally fit into a pair of work pants again!! I have been wearing jeans for most of the past year because my largest pair of slacks were tight. BUT I fit in them comfortably yesterday - I even had to pull them up several times!
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Four people commented on my weight loss last night at work. Two of them even said I look so skinny. I've lost 50 pounds so far, but believe me, I'm not skinny. It sure was nice to hear, though!
  • dhines1029
    dhines1029 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    peonycarol wrote: »
    I can wear my wedding ring for the first time in 3 years!

Me too, so happy!!!

• Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I lost enough weight to lower my BMI so that I am no longer obese. It was a real shocker when I saw that on my medical chart after being weighed at my doctor's office in May 2014. Only took me 7 months to get serious about doing something about it, but now that I have, I am definitely loving the results.
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Being referred to as 'skinny' and 'tiny' at a Super Bowl party last night...before I proceeded to stuff my face with deliciousness of course!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just came back from a photoshoot of me done by a talented young cousin who is embarking on a fashion photographer's career. She took a battery of photos of me in the gym and in a more traditionally professional outfit. I had her take pictures of my back while was lifting weights so I could finally see the muscles I have developed over the past year and a half. :)
  • miinorawr
    miinorawr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a new winter coat on Friday as my current one broke, and I fit into a size smaller :smiley:
  • sssgilber
    sssgilber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I lost enough weight to lower my BMI so that I am no longer obese. It was a real shocker when I saw that on my medical chart after being weighed at my doctor's office in May 2014. Only took me 7 months to get serious about doing something about it, but now that I have, I am definitely loving the results.

Hurrah for you!!! That's my next goal, to go from orange to yellow on the chart. It's good to know it is possible.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I was walking around in sweats this weekend, and my sister told me how amazing I look...and that I was her motivation. 7 months ago all I wanted to do was eat ice cream, now I'm someone's motivation?! I never would have imagined...

Congrats! My sister told me the same thing, and the last I talked to her, she was down 10 pounds. I still think it's funny that anyone finds me inspiring!

I recently had the same NSV. It feels great to make that progress, doesn't it?

Today, I managed to get a workout in while at work, despite not really feeling like doing anything.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Today, someone I don't see often at work said I am looking really good, that I've lost weight and look healthier. This made me super happy! Still stuck on a plateau since early January but I'm actually feeling way more positive recently. :D
  • jenmovies
    Options
    May not seem like much to some people, but 50 straight seconds of jumping jacks this morning.
    Everything you do that you couldn't do before, is an accomplishment. WELL DONE!

• jenmovies
    Options
    Had the potato chips IN MY HAND yesterday & put them back in the bag without eating any
    Whoah mama! That is difficult to do. Really impressive and well done!

• jenmovies
    Options
    I got naked for my shower in the same room as my fiancé and gave him a wiggle - in the light! :D Lol. Several months ago I despised being naked unless it was dark, or at least only dimly lit, that's good progress for me!
    This is my dream! haha I really want to feel confident 'in the light' like this. Great NSV!

• PK011
    PK011 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had to have 3 dresses tailored last week. Now I look better than ever (*) So happy
  • PK011
    PK011 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My 9yo daughter who doesn't know about my weight loss, only that I am getting fitter this year in a general way, hugged me today and looked up suddenly to say:

"Mummy, why has your tummy gotten smaller?"

I don't see it yet, but I trust her and that made my day!

That's so cute! Good for you.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    klkarlen wrote: »
    I've had a ton of really terrible days this month... But my NSV is that I logged and owned up to every single one of them, and worked hard and reversed the damage over each week. :) Yay me!

Good for you! I was searching for a "like" button for this post. Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much! :)
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a belt to keep my pants up.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I went out geocaching on Saturday and according to the GPS, the cache was three miles (as the crow flies) from where I stood. It is hidden along a river and since the rivers are frozen over right now, snowmobile activity really flattens out the snow on the river and walking on the packed down snow is pretty easy going. Well, I know that rivers don't flow in a straight line, so I guessed that with the bends in the river, instead of three miles to walk to the cache, it would probably be safe to add another mile onto the hike, so eight miles roundtrip.

I was way off on my estimate. When I returned home, I fired up Google Earth and used its ruler function to measure out the path I took and it ended up being roughly 14 miles roundtrip. I love to get out hiking but usually end up doing no more than 4-5 miles before calling it a day. I'm not sure I've ever hiked that far before (probably not). By the time I got back to my vehicle, my arms/shoulders were pretty tired and sore but my legs felt like they could go another couple of miles.

My NSV was that I parked in a boat launch right off the highway but I knew there were other launches further up the river I could have used to cut the distance at least in half and one would've been no more than a 1/4 mile from the cache. Last year I would've driven as far as I could to cut down on the hiking but Saturday I looked at the distance and just decided I wanted to walk it and get a good workout. Now, had I known it was going to be in the double digit miles as far as the hike went, I might have driven to another launch :p
  • ClaireShepster
    ClaireShepster Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had another work trip from UK to NJ, USA last week.

Watched what I ate and exercised - stayed the same.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!