Pregnancy 2011- May

Options

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Julie – I’m sorry about your dog, but I think you’re making the right decision. 3 years is plenty of time to see he if will calm down and you can’t risk it with a baby in the house. I give you a lot a credit if you and your husband decide rejoining the army is the way to go. I know I’m not cut out to be an army wife, but it would be nice not to worry about finances. My husband is obsessive about money and savings, but I’m the one who makes sure the bills get paid. Every paycheck he asks me, “What bills do we pay with this check?”

Annabelle – congratulations on your farm!!!!!!

Megan – I love your new picture, she is beautiful!!

Mel – the horses are beautiful! One of my husband’s friends has a horse and gives lessons to kids in the neighborhood. We go over there all the time but I haven’t ridden him since I got pregnant. He’s such a calm horse and really good with kids, and adults who are terrified (code word for me).

AnneElise – I only get heartburn every once in a while and Tums usually work for me, but it’s always very mild. I hope you get your internet back soon!

History – Smells really bothered me in the first trimester, now I don’t have a problem. Hopefully it won’t last for you.

Rachel – I’m glad you had a good time at the ballet. My dad had a brain tumor so I understand what it’s like to watch someone personality change so suddenly. I hope she’ll be ok.

Brittony – I’m going to have to check out the Sam’s Club by me, that’s a great deal.

I normally take my mom out to lunch but she’s out of town this week so I’ll celebrate with her when she comes back next weekend. So hubby decided that Mother’s Day should be turned into Mother’s Weekend. I think I ate enough to feed a small country! :embarassed: And now that I’m trying to get back into my normal eating habits my brain is telling me that I’m still hungry when I know I’m not – it’s going to be a difficult day. Hubby bought me two king sized pillows to help me be more comfortable at night, but I think he was just tired of me waking up and crying that my back hurt every night. I slept great, but the pillows are so big that the poor guy was squished on the edge of the bed.
  • JKilty
    JKilty Posts: 75
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who suggested a BeBand! I love it! It's sooo much more comfortable than I thought it would be!
    Now...if I could just figure out how to not be sick all the time....! That would be really nice!

Anne-My mom says that putting a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in about a five ounce glass of water and sipping on that throughout the day takes away heartburn. I'm not sure I could do that and not gag with how sick I've been and how smells bother me...but it might work for you? Another thing she would do when she was pregnant with my younger brothers (one is 11 and one is 6) is take a swig of pickle juice. Sounds gross..but it always worked for her! Hope yours eases up soon!

To those of you talking about being Army wives...my sister's husband is a Marine and she is so good at holding herself together while he's gone! She's younger than I am (she's 22) but she is very mature for her age and handles herself so well while he's on deployment, even though I know that it is sooo hard on her! She is waiting to have kids until he is out of the Marines (next year). I, on the other hand, would hate it! I think I could do it if I had to...but I don't think I would do as well as my sister does.

Exercise Challenge...I did better than last week, I guess. I'm still so sick so I haven't done much. It was also rainy and nasty for the first half of last week so I didn't get out then. I took a half hour walk on Friday, I walked around BRU, Target, Sam's and Scott's for hours on Saturday, and I took a half hour walk yesterday, since it was beautiful out!!
  • JKilty
    JKilty Posts: 75
    Options
    Danielle- Love that changing table! How neat!!! It looks like your DH is great at what he does. Love the name Avery :smile: it is one of the names on my list as well. I have a looong list though :smile:

Ron-Mother's Day Weekend sounds like a great idea!!

Brittony-I read a book in the sun yesterday :smile: I ended up with a sunburn...but I'm not complaining because we haven't seen the sun in Indiana for awhile! I hope you enjoy your hammock!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, the exercise challenge:
    Monday: walked 60 minutes
    Tuesday: 20 minutes
    Wednesday: walked 20 minutes
    Thursday: walked 30 minutes
    Friday: walked 25 minutes

Danielle – I love the changing table! Can you send your hubby to my house please? :laugh:
  • Mamatoabunch
    Mamatoabunch Posts: 749
    Options
    My sweet sweet husband made this for me for Mother's Day. It's Avery's changing table/dresser..... :love: He totally surprised me with it! I knew he was working on something but he said it was for a customer (he does carpentry/masonry)

How sweet! We love it!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    I made the exercise challenge and exercised every day! Thank God for better sleeps. My productivity is completely tied to a good sleep.

Monday Vinyasa yoga 15 min
    Tuesday Walking 45 min
    Wednesday Walking 30 min
    Thursday Vinyasa yoga 15 min
    Friday Walking 25 min
    Saturday Walking 30 min
    Sunday Walking 30 min
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Danielle -- that changing table/dresser is beautiful!! :love: What a wonderful Mother's Day surprise!

I'm off work today and tomorrow (woot!!). My mother is bringing my father to visit today (he's never been to our house). The only other time my hubby has met my dad is at my brother's funeral so it should be a fun awkward day.

I'm watching "I didn't know I was pregnant" right now and I noticed something -- every single episode I've seen, the woman was pregnant with a boy. I wonder if that's just a coincidence.

Oh, I'm officially 7 months today! I swear I feel less and less pregnant every day (which I guess is a good thing).
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I have a LOT of catching up to do! We took the past two weeks since Ethan was born to just focus on our family of three! Being a mommy is amazing, and even though I am sleep deprived, I am loving every minute of it. Ethan is a great baby, and only cries when he really needs something. I also am only 4 lbs away from my prepregnancy weight...2 weeks after delivery:bigsmile: I hope you are all doing well! Now off to catch up on all your posts.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Exercise - technically I failed this week, but I got some cal burns in on non exercise days

Monday - cleaning - 100 cals (no official exercise)
    Tuesday - cleaning - 100 cals (no official exercise)
    Wednesday - cleaning (an engine :laugh:) - 200 cals (no official exercise)
    Thursday - 35 mins elliptical (300 cals) / 1 hr grocery store (100 cals)
    Friday - swim 1 mile - 40 minutes - 350 calories / cleaning 320 cals
    Saturday - I walked over 2 miles for a couple hours but only got in about 150 extra calories? :ohwell:
    Sunday - yard work - weedeating - running errands - all day - 5 hours - 650 calories.

So, 2 official workouts, but I got in about 2200 extra calories burned over the course of the week so that's good. Of course, I still ended the week with 1000 total extra calories over total burned calories for the week, but hopefully that will keep me at 1 lb or less of gain for the week.
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options

Annabelle- Congrats on your closing. What a sigh of relief! How far are you moving away from where you are now?

We will be moving from NM to WI.

Welcome! I live in WI!!!! Where in WI are you moving to?
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Danielle- What a beautiful changing table! I'm so jealous you have a husband with that talent. My husband is great with a lot of things, but being handy is one thing he is not. I still love him, though :happy:

Ron- That's so funny about finances. My husband is the same way. He worries more than I do, but I'm the one paying all of the bills and keeping us organized. If it were up to him we would have late fees all the time.

Amanda- Ethan is so cute!!!!! I can't wait for my turn!!

Great job on exercise ladies! Let's keep it up!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Mel- I hate when I lose a shirt… I always want to wear that one. Your horse’s were beautiful!

Carina- I am sorry that you had a bad day at Zumba!

Julie- I know that being an army wife is not for me. It is something that I know I just couldn’t handle myself. It would be easier with a non-combat job but it still is a lifestyle (moving ect). It is a big decision! You do have to think about what’s best for you not your parents. I know that is hard though. I just wanted you to know I had your family in my thoughts and prayers this weekend with mother's day.

Annabelle- Congrats on the farm!

Megan- I love your new picture. Very cute!

Brittony- I don’t know about the family practice V pediatrician…. I am looking forward to the responses you get. The hammock will be very nice! You are getting close too!

Rachael- Happy 30 weeks!

Rachel- that sounds like a nice weekend. I am sorry about your SIL that has to be hard.

Daphneliegh26- congrats on 36 weeks! You are close!

Danielle- That is so sweet of your DH!

Ron- I am glad you got a good night’s sleep in! He can suffer a little ;D

Jenna- I hope that you are feeling better soon.

Amanda- Glad to hear from you and that things are going so well!

Thanks to all the ladies for the heartburn advice.
    I had an amazing weekend with my brother and sister that were here. It was hard to send them off yesterday. I actually cried for a good while. It makes me want to move closer to my family even more when they visit.
    I had a bad weekend pregnancy wise, I just did not feel good. Per usual I got sick every day, heartburn started, my feet and ankles have been SO swollen, I have not been sleeping…. Things that you all are experiencing as well. I was feeling sad and thinking about how I am sick of things like having no bladder control, not being able to have a drink, my belly getting in the way ect. WELL then, I thought to myself… it is SO going to be worth it because soon ladies (some sooner, some later) we all get to meet our amazing, beautiful little babies. I am trying to keep everything in perspective…. It’s so much more important for my healthy little one to be growing and how soon I get to meet her.
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    So my DH doesn't get that you are preggo for 40 weeks. We had a agruement about this last night. He kept saying that it's only 9 months so that can't be 40 weeks cause there are 4 weeks in a month. He said, I wish you would just tell ppl in months. Ugh, I was getting so annoyed. Do you tell ppl how far along you are in months or weeks? So if I'm 17 weeks, that makes me 5 months? Or 4 months?
  • AnneElise
    Options
    I did not pass the exercise challenge last week :ohwell: I need to do better this week.

Tuesday- Walked 3 miles.
    Friday- Walked on treadmill for 40 minutes.

I was really active and busy the other days but no specific form of exercise.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Welcome! I live in WI!!!! Where in WI are you moving to?

Wautoma, a small town. Where are you located?
  • AnneElise
    Options
    So my DH doesn't get that you are preggo for 40 weeks. We had a agruement about this last night. He kept saying that it's only 9 months so that can't be 40 weeks cause there are 4 weeks in a month. He said, I wish you would just tell ppl in months. Ugh, I was getting so annoyed. Do you tell ppl how far along you are in months or weeks? So if I'm 17 weeks, that makes me 5 months? Or 4 months?

people don't get it. There are 4.4 weeks in a month. I say in weeks. Months are too hard. 17 weeks would be 4 months in my opinion.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Alright, lots of catching up to do!

Danielle - Thank you so much for sharing your ultrasound pictures, Avery is a little cutie! I LOVE the changing table!!! How much does he charge? :wink: What a nice surprise!

Regina - Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound tomorrow!

Brittony - I would have reacted the same way, even without pregnancy hormones. I am a huge animal lover. Last summer, we found 4 baby mice in some mulch that we dumped out. I knew the mom would never find them and I couldn't bear to leave them laying there in the mulch, so I took them in the house, filled a 2 liter bottle with warm water, put a blanket over them and laid them next to the bottle. I bottle fed them pedialyte and formula every 2 hrs for the next 3 days, but they all died anyways. My sister is a vet and her guess is that I wasn't getting them to poo enough. So yea, if you guys didn't already think I'm crazy, you probably do now! I cried like a baby when those mice died.

hkystar - Sorry to hear about your gall stone. I hope it doesn't give you very much trouble and you can take care of it after baby S is born.

Julie - I'm sorry that you're going to have to rehome one of your dogs. We had to do the same with a Jack Russell a few years back and even though you know it's best for the dog and your family, it is never easy. Yay for hitting 7 months! I'm off work today too and it makes me very happy :bigsmile:

Annabelle - Congratulations on closing on the farm, that is awesome news! Hope your baby shower goes well. Way to go on your exercise for the week!!!!

AnneElise - I've started taking Pepcid AC (OTC) for heartburn and it has made a big difference. My Dr. suggested I start taking it, so I would mention it to yours at your next appointment.

Rachael - Yay for hitting 30 wks! It felt like a big milestone for me too, we're getting so close!

Rachel - Sounds like you had a great time with family. And yay for only 7 weeks left of work, that'll go by really fast!

Mel - I'm a sucker for the reject animals too.

Ron - Hopefully those pillows will help you get a better night's sleep. The pillows have never worked for me, I tried one right in the beginning and it made my hips feel worse.

Amanda - It is so great to hear from you! I'm glad that you, Ethan, and dad are doing well. And way to go on being so close to your pre-pregnancy weight, that is very motivating!!!

Hello to everyone else and I apologize if I missed anyone/anything. Hope you all have a great week!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Hi mamas (and daddies!)! I am just reminiscing... My baby girl turns ONE on the 11th. Ah, I'm already day dreaming about having another. We will start TTC within the next year. I just thought I would swing in and say hello. This time last year my life was consumed with pregnancy and I miss all my mama friends! I hope all of you are enjoying this beautiful journey. Have a great day!
  • LynnW52
    Options

It is so much easier for me to say it in weeks. I've figured it out in months but it is still sorta confusing to me, and to other when you tell them in months and then tell them your due date.

Before I got pregnant, I didn't know a whole lot about pregnancy, and had no idea how many weeks a pregnancy lasted. I find it much easier to tell people that I am 34 wks pregnant, and that my due date is 40 wks, so 6 weeks left (GULP). I think that is easier for people to understand (including myself) and easier for me to explain.
  • LynnW52
    Options
    Mondays are so much better when you don't have to work :laugh:

We had a great weekend! I did really well on the exercise challenge for the week.

Mon - 30 mins cleaning. I actually cleaned for several hours but I'm only gonna count 30 mins of it as exercise time.

Wed - 25 min walk

Thur - 20 min walk

Fri - 30 min walk

Sat - 60 min landscaping/yard work

Yesterday we had a small cookout and my mother in law, her husband, and brother in laws came over. My husband's cousin also came over with his 16 month old twins. So cute!! Made me realize a lot of baby proofing that needs to be done!

The weather is beautiful again today. We have a trip to home depot planned (ok, that makes me feel old lol) to get more mulch to put around the rose bushes we planted, and we still have a raspberry bush and some climbing beans to plant.

Oh, and yay for some color on my face, neck and arms!! I LOVE summer!!!!