Male body pressure becoming the same as women?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    sklarbodds wrote: »
    I'm speaking from my perspective, which is admittedly biased by having male friends who struggle with being taken seriously or viewed as desirable because of their appearance. They have to work much harder when it comes to dating, job interviews, and even making friends because of the snap judgments people tend to make. They've told me how when it comes to online dating, they feel women are looking for celebrity attractiveness and they don't stack up. Doesn't stop them from trying, but they haven't had success. One of them had a solid resume, but it took 10 job interviews before he finally got hired somewhere. These guys are very talented, work hard at their jobs, are financially stable, well-traveled... but it doesn't seem to matter to most people. One in particular is an intelligent, well-spoken, well-dressed lawyer, but he's short and has a glass eye. People remember and talk about the glass eye more than anything.

This really resonates with me too. I work in IT and I have some friends that are SERIOUSLY decent guys. Would treat a woman awesome but especially with online dating will never get a 'shot' because they have physical (unchangeable) attributes that are less appealing. They try to improve themselves, but some things (height, hair, jaw line, etc) they just can't. There's a lot of pressure on them to be someone just to get their foot in the door.

Isn't this just as true of women, though? I don't really know, since I haven't been on a online dating site in like 10 years, but women have "standards" of attractiveness they are expected to live up to as well, primarily, their weight and beauty.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Shallow people, you don't date them, you top them then never call them back. lol.

http://youtu.be/s0kqobQRcUo
  • bryandynaxus3
    bryandynaxus3 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Men need to be muscular but lean, able to party hard and guzzle booze and beer like their bros on Jersey Shore or The Only Way Is Essex, but still maintain those perfect abs.
    Pretty much this. You see this a lot here and it gets pretty frustrating. All you see are these headless ab guys bragging about how much they eat. "I'm 7% body fat and eat 7000 calories a day. Pizza, ice cream, and beer every night blah blah blah. I never do cardio either. I lift a little. That's it." It'd be great if people would at least be honest about what they did to get where they are. Most of them are probably lying.

You're right haha they probably make frequent trips to the crapper. I know a few women who lost a long of weight but still ate terrible and rarely exercised. Their medicine cabinet was full of xlax.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Shallow people, you don't date them, you top them then never call them back. lol.

http://youtu.be/s0kqobQRcUo

LMAOAOAOAO
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Jenga!
    That video made me tingly.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Jenga!
    That video made me tingly.

Because of of the jenga?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    dat redhead.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    aaaaaah
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    If you're the type of person who feels pressured by the media or society to act a certain way or look a certain way then you're nothing but a sheep. Don't let other people think for you.