What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Found a box in my garage this morning that I have not opened for a long, long time! It had pants in it that I have not worn for over ten years. I do not fit in them comfortably yet, but I can now button up at least half of them. I took the ones I can button up and hung them in my closet and will try them on again when I am down another 9 pounds.

I am just so happy to have them hanging there! It is great that styles of pants have not changed. Several pairs of good jeans.

70044776.png
  • navyjen
    navyjen Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Wearing jeans I havent been able to wear since before I got pregnant with my daughter who is now 2.5. That was last week.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Good for you, NavyJen!
  • LifeInAWay
    LifeInAWay Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    As a medical assistant, I've often gotten spoiled by drug reps. So far this week I've smiled, said no thank you, and walked away from THREE rep lunches and a box of Krispy Kreme. :smiley:
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    epido wrote: »
    In the last 3 months I've lost a total of 7 9/16 inches. Since the beginning of this journey, I've lost 58 3/4 inches! That's almost 5 feet! (We measure neck, upper arm, wrist, chest, waist, hips, thigh, and calf.)

Holy carp! Good job!

I can so relate to that. I don't take measurements (I know I should) but the amount I've "shrunk" is almost as eye-opening to me as the amount of weight I've lost so far. I look at the clothes I wear now and still think "How in the world do I fit into this? HOW???"
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Today I set a personal record for deadlifts: 2 reps at 265.

Later someone complimented me on my legs and asked me if I did any special leg and calf exercises. I was flattered:).
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    TasnimEz wrote: »
    asaw00 wrote: »
    I did real push ups on my toes not knees.

Congrats! I'm working HARD to be able to do that, lol. It's one of my goals. :)

Speaking of which.. I did it!! :#

• helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I was so desperate for the toilet the other day I got into the cubicle and just pulled my trousers down without undoing them!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This is in no way weight loss related, but it was a huge victory for me so I’m sharing it: Today I paid off one of my two student loans in its entirety. I had money in savings and was paying out over $200 a month on this one loan, with the interest just building up like crazy, and then I just realized it would be smarter over the long term to just pay it all of right now… and I DID! Yikes! I even realized that the other loan I have isn’t as big as I thought it was. Maybe I’ll even be able to pay it all off in the next year!

Again, sorry for the totally unrelated post, but I’m just so pumped. haha

Anything that makes you feel good about yourself is an NSV. It all contributes to changing the way you live. Congratulations! I remember when I paid off student loans - it's a huge weight off your mind.

Yesterday I remembered which foot to spin on when doing a pirouette in ballet and didn't get myself all tangled up. B)
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just bought new jeans in a smaller size. When I took them out of the dryer, I looked at them and thought there is no way they are going to fit - I must have shrunk them. But I put them on and they zipped up with no problem.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    epido wrote: »
    In the last 3 months I've lost a total of 7 9/16 inches. Since the beginning of this journey, I've lost 58 3/4 inches! That's almost 5 feet! (We measure neck, upper arm, wrist, chest, waist, hips, thigh, and calf.)

That is amazing! Congratulations!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Today I set a personal record for deadlifts: 2 reps at 265.

Later someone complimented me on my legs and asked me if I did any special leg and calf exercises. I was flattered:).

That's awesome! Good for you!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    At kettle bell class this morning, I was able to clean and jerk a 24 kg bell for the first time. I had tried to press the same bell recently, and wasn't able to do it, so this is the first time that weight has went overhead for me EVER!!!
  • RaeImani33
    RaeImani33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started my fitness journey in January 2012. Over 3 years and 50 lbs later, I will be getting my Zumba instructor license in 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to helping others on their journey. This is my biggest NSV to date!
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I jogged (maybe not the fastest, but still a jog) 6.2 miles. For the one who was always the fat girl at school and couldn't run the mile for the fitness tests, and now just shy of 53, I'm a happy lady. I'm pushing on toward my goal of doing a Tough Mudder in 2016, and to do that, I have to be able to do about 12 miles with a lot of energy to spare for the obstacles. So, onward and upward!!!
  • caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I shovelled my parking spot and my friend's driveway today and while I got a good workout, I wasn't winded or dying like I would have a year ago! It felt good :)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Timby1 wrote: »
    Yesterday I jogged (maybe not the fastest, but still a jog) 6.2 miles. For the one who was always the fat girl at school and couldn't run the mile for the fitness tests, and now just shy of 53, I'm a happy lady. I'm pushing on toward my goal of doing a Tough Mudder in 2016, and to do that, I have to be able to do about 12 miles with a lot of energy to spare for the obstacles. So, onward and upward!!!

You don't need to go fast in a Tough Mudder... you just have to survive. They are a blast! Good luck!
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My most recent one is a bought a size smaller jeans! Woot!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I went to pole class today, and we started working on inverts, which means I needed the skin on my stomach to get more grip. I positioned my shirt so my stomach was bared and I wasn't self conscious about it at all.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Started NROLFW on Wednesday. Did 55-pound deadlifts today with no problem!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!