WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2105

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    smiley-cool05.gif This has been another wonderful day full of dog walking and riding the exercise bike while watching the European figure skating championships on TV. I can't knit and watch skating at the same time.

smiley-happy110.gif Jake just ordered two low salt/no salt cookbooks since the cardiologist told him to reduce his sodium intake. He is on fire with his plans to improve his heart health with changes to his diet.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif smiley-happy093.gif

- The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

• stephv710
    stephv710 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well, I had good intentions for the birthday dinner last night but between the warm bread and the martinis, I went over by 800 cals! BUT, my NSV is that I got right back on it today and went for an hour hike (even though my head was a bit fuzzy). The old me would have said, well I already blew it and gone on a two day binge. Not going to beat myself up over it.

Hope you all have a good rest of your weekend. Everyone is doing great!
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry ladies my fur baby passed away... I will try and catch up soon.

Goals For Febrrrrrrr-airy:

Get to 4,000 steps daily/comfortably.
    Lose 4 lbs
    Ride my stationary bike 30 minutes daily
    Stair climb every other day, I am at 4 trips (432 stairs total ), want to make it 5trips ( 540 stairs)
    Get to know all of you better. :flowerforyou:

Sincerely,
    Sassy aus Austria

• Make the Effort not an Excuse.
    • Nothing to it but to do it!
    • Stuffing isn't bad...Stuffing yourself is.

• Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Drive to Ulverstone and doggy walk
    Bought all the stuff to make my pre walk juices for next week. made Mondays and Tuesdays and in the fridge ready to go
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a Lower Body Pilates DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do two more days of "The 30 Day Butt Lift" DVD

Sylvia - rest as much as your body needs. You've been thru an awful trauma. you sure are having a tough time of it. Here's hoping you get out of there real soon. I remember a nurse telling me (regarding gas) "better out than in".

Janet
    - wish I was going with you. Have fun for both of us!

Cindy - welcome! sounds like you have a plan, that's wonderful. I'd never heard of the saying about "assuming" that your boss used. But I like it. I've always said "you know what they say about assuming something...you make an a** out of you".

Lillian
    - I try to buy cookies that Vince likes. Like right now the Girl Scouts are selling their cookies. Don't put a box of those Thin Mints in front of me unless you want to see smoke from my digging into the box so fast. Vince likes the Peanut Butter Patties, I don't like them. So that's what I buy. You know, in some ways I wish I had an allergy to certain foods that aren't good for me, then I'd have a very good reason for not having it. As far as I'm concerned, Terrace can keep their snow....lol

Heather
    - I just love reading your posts!

Terri - I mix just the silken tofu and cocoa (unsweetened). Just those two ingredients. I've also defrosted a banana and added cocoa to it, that gives the cocoa a bit of sweetness.

katla
    - I'm so impressed with your riding. <singing> You've come a long way...baby!!!! I did send Bryan an email saying that I know he unfriended me from Facebook because "he didn't have time for Facebook", but I see he comments to Denise and Jessica. I just want to share things with him and Diana (like the Christmas decorations). I'm not on there very much. Bet he doesn't answer me. He said he was going to call this weekend -- I'm not betting that it'll happen. Update: I was right

Debbie
    - welcome back. Healing vibes being sent to Lisa

pip
    - feel bettter soon

rupridul - welcome. You sound like you know what your problem is. I bet you know what you need to do. I seem to recall someone (and I don't remember who) said that what they did was put 1/2 of the glass of wine and 1/2 of the glass with seltzer. They still had the wine flavor, but not as many calories.

yanniejannie
    - the ball is in Bryan's court right now. But I'm pretty confident that he really doesn't care about anyone (like me) else's feelings. I just don't know what happened to him. He used to be the one who put others in front of himself, now he's totally selfish.

I don't know what it is, but I am so cold today. When I went to church, usually I wear a light jacket, today I wore my heavy coat and I was STILL cold.

Gail - I like going to OG, but their sodium!!!! To me, that's the killer

barbie
    - good luck to Jake in his new diet. You know, I've really cut back or eliminated salt from lots of things and now salt in food tastes "yukky"

steph - good for you getting right back to it. That's the way to go!

Sassy in Australia - my heartfelt sorrow to you

Michele in NC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sassy, I am so sorry about your precious fur baby.
    Momof10, I am so sorry you and your family are going through so much but am glad to read of your love for each other and your fight
    Sylvia, I swear I am going to come up there and kidnap you. You need a hospital in the modern world where we don't use pubic hair for decoration. Some how I missed you having gas!!!! Hooray. I'm like Meg. This old nurse says gas is music to my ears after abdominal surgery

Kind of a NSV for me today. Went to the grocery store today and hubby was running low on pop tarts. Wonder why, could it be because his wife is eating all of them??? Anyway I told him to put them away and hide them. So I am watching this wonderful Hallmark movie and they have Kit Kat commercials every 5 minutes. So I go snooping. There was one box already open in the pantry and then the two he bought. Well I found the two he bought today but it would be to obvious if he saw an unopened box opened. But I couldn't find the already opened so I gave up. He has enough resolve to just eat one of the pop tarts in the double package. I don't. So he wraps it up and puts in the the fridge. So I do get that and eat that. So instead of eating 2 I just ate 1. And I left the unopened alone.

Joyce, Indiana. ON my way to kidnap Sylvia!!!!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options

Hi all, back from a well needed but oh too short vacation, went to visit friends about 3 hours away on the coast... Lots of good food out, she hates to cook, lots of beach walks... wish I could have brought Levi, but not this time. Good news came home the same weight as I left. Back on the counting trail tomorrow.

EEEEE Gads!!! 233 posts to read… This is one more reason to have a smart phone….
    Well here goes –

Margaret in Twin Cities – welcome… I am smiling at your post, as I too am 5’1” but my goal weight is your starting weight… when I get there I might change it; but realizing that reminding me that perspective is personal.

Joyce – thanks for the lesson on kidney stones, here’s hoping I never need to know that info!

Mary from Minn. – meetup.com is neither a dating site or a workout site, it is a place to find folks to do stuff with – so there are workout groups, hiking groups, groups based on gender, sexual orientation, playing a game or instrument, craft or just about anything you can think of… I will be doing more investigation of the groups over time.

Heather - wow; good job on negotiating the buffet pricing – I would not have even thought of trying to get a better price. And the elephant sounds so exotic!

Caddir – welcome hope all goes well with DH

K2boxlady/ Karen – this will sound weird – but you are not eating enough… you need to stay over 1200 calories or your body gets worried about starvation and will not let you lose… I am 5’1” and got from 198 to 171 and never ate under 1300 (well except for a couple of days I was sick) and some days I ate some of my exercise calories back. Add in some food, and maybe an occasional “treat” and you should see it come off… I set my MFP at losing 1 pound a week.

Marytyoung, 7elizamea, Kellie from Ohio, ddmoes, beltonlana, donna from IL– welcome

Cynthia – well late good wishes on the work meeting, hope as I keep reading I hear how it went. Sorry, thinking of you… share when you are ready…

Sharon – sounds like with all that is going on you are doing great, and your DS is really doing great by his DD – you and DH did a great job raising him.

Heather – glad you missed the hornets… but what a great visit!

Terri – I think with the fitbit the first decision is her’s… would she like to wear a “bracelet” style or would she prefer to have one that clips on … I have the bracelet style and LOVE it, there is a new one out with a watch feature and a heart monitor, mine is the basic and for me that is plenty.. because the new one is out you might be able to find a used one.

Beth – LOLOLOLOL on the yellow on your face - sounds like something I would end up with!

Sylvia - OMG so glad you made the ER decision… we are so glad you are with us.

Heather – I would love all the flora and fauna!

Cherie – I think continuing through the weekend is a good plan

OK I got to page 11 in a couple of hours… so this is my catch up and I’ll read more tomorrow…
    Love to all!

January goals:
    Walk every day - 100%
    Log all bites everyday - 90% and am happy with that
    Do a fun thing every week – I need to work on that….

Feb. goals:
    Walk every day
    Log all bites everyday
    Plan and do a fun thing every week

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Had a bit of catching up to do - again.
    Heather- Thanks for the elephant photo. Elephants are so majestic. I love hearing of all your adventures and looking forward to seeing the blue topaz ring.

Diana NE Indiana - "Wow you look great!" from your DH has to be one of the best NSVs.

CP South Florida- Congratulation on the 3.2 lb loss in the Biggest Loser contest. The goal of ball room dancing on New Year's Eve is definitely more exciting and motivating than saying you will lose x amount of lbs.

yannijannie - Williamsburg sounds like an interesting place to visit. Yeah!! for your daughter getting in. She must be both relieved and excited.

Sylvia - I would have a meltdown also. 45 min and then getting back to bed under your own steam. Ouch!! It is so deplorable that we don't fund hospital staffing the way we do athletes.

Lillian - It has been warm but that is part of our regular cycle in Lethbridge. Snow/Chinook/Freezing cold and snow/Chinook. Yesterday was just crazy for wind so there were a number of semis that flipped on their sides on Highway 2. They closed the highways to all semi traffic.

Kim - Thanks for the compliment. DS is truly one of the most compassionate people I know. He was born an old soul. He is so kind hearted that he has been taken advantage of more than once.

Yesterday brought police to my door. It was reported that a minor child had access to drugs at our house and there was concern for the child's safety. They told me they could not tell me who had filed the complaint. No need. I know. Funny how this concern was not voiced until she was served the papers in Ontario. Not even an hour later. Why wouldn't she have been concerned say last Thursday or in the six months she lived here? GRRRRRR. DS still allowed her to skype with DGD. The police officers were very kind and respectful. They told me that their report would say there was no cause for concern. I wonder what she is going to throw this way next. DS is angry, hurt, confused and stressed out. He wants to do what is best for DGD and is agonizing.

I am feeling much better and actually got a few things done around the house. It was starting to look pathetic.

DD went face painting in character as Elsa. She took the thrilled party princess an Olaf balloon. She was one excited 3 yr. old as she opened the door to Elsa. DD says she loves, loves her job. The photos the Mom took are excellent.

DS in Vancouver has one yet another award in the tattoo world. He is so talented. An artists' retreat in Japan is in the planning stages. Colour me green.

DS and myself took the 2 youngest DGD to Paddington. The 3 yr. old made it almost to the end without fussing. The 5 yr. old loved the movie and tried to help her cousin out. I love listening to the 2 of them converse with each other.

Sharon in Alberta where the wind is howling.

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Sylvia: continuing to think of you. Of course Spot can’t wait for you to get home! He loves you.
    Yanniejannie: belated congrats on your good news.
    Sassy: sorry about your fur baby.
    Michele: sorry about your continuing family issues.
    Kim: glad you’re back! Also sorry for your family issues.

Still in shock over the job thing. Keeping myself busy with genealogy, scanning old photos to preserve them, etc. My guy is a star.
    Luckily the bit of snow/ice we had for a week has now melted, so I can ride my bike without extra risks. And my dog is doing pretty well.

Hope we all have a good day.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:

54053224.png
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Good Morning (just)

I've taken so long to catch up, it's almost mid day.

Sassie I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious fur baby :s

Sylvia - get well soon.

I'm feeling a little better today, puts things into perspective when you read of other peoples problems. I don't think this "colleague" meant to upset me, (basically I made a mistake with an appointment and an employee turned up a day late for their appointment) but it was the way she handled it that upset me. She made me feel worthless and humiliated. Nobody makes mistakes on purpose and I usually check the appointment letter to the appointment in the diary, but must have been distracted on this particular day.

I'm a bit worried about my son, last night he slept on our sofa rather than go home to another argument. I'm trying to help them both as I was talking to his partner earlier in the day and she was saying the exact opposite to what my son was telling me when he came here after work. Not sure what to say to help, I've suggested marriage guidance/ couples therapy. I've told my son not to do anything in haste and to get his head cleared so he can think more clearly. I hope they can sort themselves out and stay together.

Hugs to those in need <3 and congratulations to those who are meeting their goals o:)

Take care
    Viv in Sunny but cold York UK
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :'( Sassy, I am so sorry about your fur baby :'(
  • barbiecat
    Options
    3fk1e1zqk7kj.jpg

I just found this and couldn't resist sharing it. :D
  • SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Barbiecat - love it! :)
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Katla – Our outdoor furnace (Portage & Main Woodstove) heats water that comes through pipes to heat our house and also our workshop. Saves money because we run a small sawmill so the waste wood goes in the furnace. And yes – I really enjoy walking outside. Yesterday (Saturday) the sun was shining for a change and there was wasn’t much wind.

Debbie & Lisa – take care, hugs and prayers for both of you. My sister-in-law had breast cancer last year and to support her along I said I make lifestyle changes with her. So we started the Eat nothing white, no sugar and drink alkaline water. Because she read that cancer does not live well in an alkaline body. Just a thought – everyone reacts differently.

Grandmallie - The only person you are destined to become Is the person you decide to be… Great quote.

Pipcd34 – I hope you get better.

Sylvia – Oh good grief – I hope you get better soon and get out of that place. Pets are so sensitive aren’t they?

Yanniejannie – no, sorry we are low on snow at the moment – but if we get too much I will share!! Ha ha …

Wildfiremoon – hugs and prayers

Barbiecat – my grandmother could knit and watch TV at the same time and sometimes she even had a book going!! English talent no doubt.

Sassy – hugs,

Sharon – kids and their significant others can be so agonizing. I am jealous though – you got to go to Paddington. My DGKids are not old enough yet to go to the movies.

Opps – gotta go…hubby is ready to go… road trip…just what I wanted to do today!!! NOT.

To everyone I missed - Hugs and prayers to you on your journeys some be tough and some not.

Take care everyone
    Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's about 8am and looks like another beautiful day. I can see sunshine out my hospital window. I've been out walking the halls already with the other surgical patients. I told the nurse it's like the march of the zombies, with everybody shuffling along, looking downcast. It's hard to be cheerful in here, that's for sure. I'll be glad when I can get rid of this iv pole. It doesn't roll well.

One more day, then maybe I can go home. Fingers crossed!

Sassy, I'm sorry too, about your baby.

I'm bored out of my mind in here! The only thing to look forward to is watching Downton tonight. They have strange tv channels in here though, and none of it is HD, so I haven't been watching much tv. It's a wide format screen and regular old-style pictures, so they are stretched out wide to fit the screen. Bone thin actresses look heavy. It's kind of funny.

There is a scale at the end of the hall, and it says I'm over 200 pounds! I was 176 when I came in here! Hubby got on it and his was higher too, so we think the scale is wrong. I'm also pumped completely full of saline, so my loose skin fits again. I hope when I go home I will shrink back to normal.

Well, I think I'll go for another lap around the halls before hubby comes.

Sylvia

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good morning,

Yanniejannie so happy for you daughter.

Cynthia so sorry about the job!

Sylvia hope you are home soon. I find it difficult to heal in a hospital.

We went to a Slovenian exhibit yesterday. A former professor set up a mini museum in his basement. The rest of his home he has as a museum decorated in the late 1800's. He had one room dedicated to Garfield with a life size figure of him. They had people give a short talk on the people who were on their money. Slovenia had its own money from 1991 until it went on the euro. (My husband is part Slovenian on his father's side. The country is about the size of New Jersey.) Unfortunately I cannot remember the names. The one who wrote choral music created sublime music. He predated Bach by about a hundred years.

Today I am taking it easy after the busy week I had. I didn't make it to church today. I couldn't get myself going in time.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat 800 calories yesterday. That's way too low for me, or anyone else for that matter. Hopefully I wull b able to get more into my gut today
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    Options
    Pipcd34 - I hope you feel better!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    OK, just a short amount of time, lets see if I can read page 12 and 13….. ready set ….go!

It is raining, has been for 2 days… oh thank heavens! Love it.

CP- CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the weight loss

Stephanie - commenting on going out to dinner, I am not one who logs ahead…. Except if I am going out and know where I am going, then I get on-line find the nutrition page for the restaurant ( if there is one) and figure out what I will have – including drinks – and plan my day around that…

Debbi from SoCal – welcome

Tina – I changed my login name, you can only do it one time – ever! And you have to email to tech support and they will help you… but you can sign your posts Tina, and leave the name if you want…

Judy – have you looked the med up on line? I don’t know anything about it.. but hope you are feeling better.

Vicki and Alison – It struck me as I was writing that though there are different reasons you two are in a similar space as far as our journey is… please don’t give up! Even if you need to take a break and be in maintenance for a few weeks, remember slow and steady is what we want – and in time these new habits become “normal” you can do this, we are all here for you.

Yannie jannie - to your DD (and you of course) Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How wonderful and exciting…you guys must be doing a happy happy dance.

Starrhae130 – welcome

Meg – the copper thieves are everywhere, but stealing all of the pipes out of a house with the people in it.. Ok that takes the cake!!!

CP – great idea, I would start taking the lessons again as soon as you can afford it, it will be part of the exercise that will get you to your goal!!!

Sylvia – you poor thing! I wish we were closer your DH and I could take turns staying with you. I bet if some of your friends knew what was going on you could get folks there in shifts… put the word out!

Farmwifenmom – you can link them and fitbit does it automatically.

Wildfiremoon - I know the sadness of a loss can be overwhelming; I lost my dad at too young an age and was left with a mom who has issues…but when missing my dad overwhelms me I think of what would he want me to be doing; and try to do that – sometimes it is an act; but a positive act is better than the negative pit.

Dorene – “lost 7 labs last month” ? what kind of Lab?

Viv – sending hugs!!!

Cindy – great goals… I found some seated workouts on you tube.

Heather – your hubby is a pearl! What a great trip and so interesting…

Mom of 10 – sending good thoughts to you and your family.

Pip – hope you feel better – I am amazed at your strength and determination! I would have stayed home in bed.

Ok I read 2 pages… now at the start of 14… more later! Gotta run, need to be at work!

January goals:
    Walk every day - 100%
    Log all bites everyday - 90% and am happy with that
    Do a fun thing every week – I need to work on that….

Feb. goals:
    Walk every day
    Log all bites everyday
    Plan and do a fun thing every week

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • hoff2002
    hoff2002 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Dkuffer: Congratulations on your weight loss and making healthy habits.
    Marywetterlund: I’m so happy to hear about the seminar you & DH are attending. Good for you!
    Janet: My diabetes NP told me not to eat more than two fruits a day because of my diabetes. Many of them contain a lot of carbs. I do go over that amount now if it’s lower carb fruits like strawberries. I generally don’t eat bananas even though I love them.
    Wildfiremoons: I’m sorry that you are feeling so depressed and that you haven’t been feeling up to eating. I wonder if the depression is caused by the anniversary of your grandmother’s death. I know several people who have a very difficult time when an anniversary comes around for their loved ones. Saying hugs and prayers. I pray God will give you the strength to heal.
    TNToni: Laughing when reading that you want to eat all the candy so it will be gone…same mind frame here!
    Sylvia: Was the person who had 27 patients the nurse or the nurse aide? I don’t think any nurse has to care of 27 patients without help. I’m thinking it was the nurse aide. I’m so sorry that happened to you.
    CP: You go girl! I love your plan!
    Michele: Sending hugs. Sometimes it’s just hard to understand our children, but we love them anyway.
    Viv: I hope things go better both at work and with your son. It is really hard to stand by and watch your child hurt and there’s nothing you can do about it. Hugs to you!
    Alison: I know you are disappointed about the jeans, but you can’t go by one pair of jeans. They don’t always run true to size. On the other hand, it never hurts to refocus on your dietary needs. Good luck!
    Sylvia: Congratulations on not being bloated anymore. Hopefully that means your belly is starting to work again. Give yourself some time to get better. Saying prayers for you.
    MNMargaret: Come on spring! Love the flower pics!
    Janet: Have fun on your cruise! Like Sue in TN, I love your saying!
    Cindy Southern Maryland: There are some videos on YouTube that might help. Richard Simmons used to have a workout. I had it on VCR, but I don’t have it on DVD. Congrats on your resolution to eat better and exercise and welcome to the community.
    Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan: Most of my work at the computer is testing. Every morning I go to the cafeteria and I get two 32 oz glasses of water. I don’t let myself go home until I drink all of it. Each time I go to the bathroom (which is 200 steps from my office…that’s far when you gotta go! LOL!), I walk the full length of the hospital hallway and then back all the way down the other hallway, past my office, then back again. I’ve never really taken a morning or afternoon break at work, but I’m trying to learn to do that just so that I can walk. Unfortunately, when I’m really busy, all of that goes out the window and I’m lucky if I get a break for lunch. I did much better on vacation when I didn’t have to go to work! I am excited though because my DD#3 has asked if she can start walking around the neighborhood when I get back from work. She said she will bring her children and they can do their homework while we walk. I’m in! You are a real trooper to walk in weather that cold! I’m not sure I could do it! 
    Heather: What a wonderful trip! Thanks for the details!
    Terri in Milwaukee: I hope you are able to find some time to enjoy yourself on your trip! Hope the work day isn’t too bad today! Sorry the RA is acting up! BTW --- enjoy the center of the bed!
    Katla: I’m with you. I hope the new owners of MFP don’t mess too much with stuff. Yesterday, I had a devil of a time, trying to post what I ate. The ad at the top of the page kept blocking me from posting and I had to move it out of the way to be able to put in my food. I’m not sure what’s up. It isn’t like that today.
    Debbie & Lisa: Sending prayers your way that Lisa will beat the cancer and that you will both be on your way to healthy living again!
    Pipcd34: OMG! Yesterday, I was feeling bad (coughing, runny nose, feeling feverish), so I took meds and took a nap! I think I would have gone to the ER if I’d felt like you did. Please take care of yourself. Seriously, I’m worried about you! Sending prayers and hugs!
    Sylvia: I hope you get better soon and are able to get into some of that sunshine. I’ll bet all those fur babies do miss you a lot. I have to tell you that when I saw your post, I started laughing. Patients don’t usually notice all the surrounding unless they are getting better…sounds like you are! At least, I really, really hope so! Hang in there! Sending lots of love, hugs, and prayers to you! I have to say, however, that there is no excuse for a dirty room (ugh pubic hair) or the wrong diet! As for the IV, you may be a bit dehydrated with only having clear liquids. That might be the reason why it was so hard to get it started. I used to be quite good at getting the IV sticks, but honestly there are some people who it’s just hard to get the IV in for whatever reason. I’m glad they called for help and were able to finally get one started for you. I cannot stop thinking about how close you came. So very, very happy you went to the ER.
    Rupridul: Welcome! I’m not sure that we can give you motivation, but we can definitely give you lots of support. Are you logging everything that you eat and drink? That’s they first key. It really helps me because I used to underestimate how many calories were in so many of the foods and drinks that I had. Keep track and log your exercise as well. I know that it’s hard to be doing the exercises you are doing and not seeing the scale go down. Good luck!
    Lesley: You are doing such an awesome job! It seems that Stan is a wonderful support as well. I have to say there are times I’m just a tad jealous of him bringing you tea and cooking Sunday brunch! Ha! Ha! (Just joking really, my hubby is wonderful as well! In fact, he’s juicing oranges from our tree as I sit here writing. I really do have to finish up so I can go and help!)
    Yanniejannie: Thanks and hope you start feeling better & that headache goes away!
    Judy in PA: Congrats on logging your food consistently. I agree that it helps me to know that I have to “show the world” or at least MFP friends what I have eaten! It really helps me to make better choices. I hope all the rest of the “physical stuff” gets better soon!
    Red: I hope you enjoyed those two martinis! LOL!
    Gail in metro ATL: You’re the second person to comment that Imitation Game was good. I’m going to have to see when it’s playing here.
    Meg: Isn’t it awesome that our malls are drawing people to go walking. I think it’s awesome that so many people are using the indoor facility to exercise. A few years ago, I went to an acupuncturist. I really liked the serenity and it did help, but it just didn’t give me lasting results unfortunately.
    Barbie: Good for Jake! It sounds like the two of you are so health conscious and proactive with your health! It’s so good to see! Love your post about no more excuses!
    Stephv710: Congrats on getting back on the wagon today! To me MFP helps me so much to be more accountable and get back on track faster. Happy Birthday!
    Sassy: I’m so sorry about your fur baby’s passing! Sending big hugs!
    Joyce: I’m sitting here laughing at your pop tart story! It’s so hard when we are just craving a certain food!
    Kim from N Carolina: Glad you enjoyed your vacation.
    Sharon in Alberta: Seriously, she filed a report to the police. It’s amazing what some people will do! So worry for you and your DS and DGD. Glad that you are feeling better and able to spend time with the grands. Aren’t they wonderful! We had three of them spend the night night before last and the little 22 month old one last night. They just make life worth living sometimes! Have fun with them!
    Cynthia: Sending good thoughts your way. Are you going to finish the job to the end or are you going to have to look for something else?
    Viv: I hope things work out for your DS and his partner.

Wow, we are getting to be a large group! Not that I'm complaining; I love to read everyone's post. I'm just so slow that it's taking me hours to respond. That is in between my 22 month old DGS's quests for "yellow Nana" (Jello) and "Look Nana, I got wheels". We watched The Wheels on the Bus and now he is insisting on showing me all the things in the house that have wheels! LOL! I really need to go and help DH squeeze the oranges and play with my DGS.

I do want to ask for your prayers for my wonderful Neighbor. About 10 years ago she had lung cancer. She is a smoker. She quit smoking for only about 3 months and then started again. Last year she developed cancer of the lung with mets to the brain and spine. They did the cyberknife, chemo, and radiation. She was doing really well. In fact, she sent her hubby a text to say she had was feeling better than ever. That was at 9:30 am. At 7:00 pm he came home and found her unresponsive on the floor. She had a massive stroke and is now on Hospice. My heart is breaking for her husband and children. She's in her late 40's and has a DGS who is 2 years old and the love of her life. Please pray for all of them; they are having such a rough time.

I apologize if I have missed anyone. Sending love and hugs to all!

Barb from South Louisiana

Goals for 2015:
    * Continue to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day
    * Do something nice for someone every day, even if it's just to give a compliment
    * Exercise at least 3x/week. Start out slowly and work up gradually
    * Focus on eating healthy one meal at a time/one day at a time

75142811.png[/url