FireRunners (C25K May 9th group) Week 1!!

Options

Replies

• 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    OK, completed day 1/week 1 and said I only burned 37 calories....Please tell me my monitor is not functioning correctly....It is new and I just programmed it today...I will check it out before Wednesday....Really hoping it is wrong because I am one tired puppy....Going to really have to motivate myself for this....

It's WAY off! Around 400 calories is more like it :) I'd check and make sure you have everything entered in it correctly.
  • Tarah40
    Tarah40 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too. I've already completed two sessions and plan to do week 1 day 3 tomorrow xx
  • Yary
    Yary Posts: 28
    Options
    I am starting week 2 this week but I would like to join also. I will probably be repeating a week so I will be right alongside all you guys. I can truly say that it gets easier as you get to day 3 of week 1. Ive tried completing the c25k before and just made it to week 5 day 2...I was too nervous to complete the 20 min run. I hope that with all the motivation in the thread I can mentally overcome it.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Look for a Timex one on line, it sells for $38 at my local Best Buy and is a good one I hear! Has a chest strap. Also check ebay, I bet you could get one on there cheap
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    I'd like to join. I do the gym on Mon, Wed, Fri mornings, so I think I'll do the jog, Tues, Thur, Sat :)

Those are the days I'll be doing this week too:) I was going to start today but I had a houseful of guests and now it's dinner time then I'm off to take the girls to dance. Next week I'll change it to Mon, Wed, Fri :bigsmile:
  • vmarie20
    vmarie20 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of this group. I'm starting the C25K challenge today. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's (including myself) progress.
  • breezey77
    breezey77 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    W1D1 Completed!!! Feel great...but I wish I would've burned more cals....but maybe the treadmill isn't accurate. Had to run indoors...90 degrees out.
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    got my first workout in before breakfast this morning and loved it :) last time i did this program i got up and ran before breakfast every day and alternated with a lifting program called strong lifts 5x5 on the days i didn't run and weight just flew off me. i'm restarting the same plan as of today and i'm excited to see myself shrink again for the last damn time haha

also, if anyone is in southern california, i'm doing this race on august 27 and i'd love to have some company: http://www.active.com/running/irvine-ca/wetnwild5k-2011?SREF=FBShare&SFBState=Unknown&SSFEAT=192ActiveEventRSVPPROD-1295915596190&cmp=23-11

i know its a little bit after this round of c25k ends but my plan is to repeat weeks 5-9 in the month between finishing this round and the event itself to work on my progress.

let's get it ladies!
  • Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 done!

I'm so glad to see that other people are logging around 400 calories. I estimated using the MFP calculators and only got about 230 calories...and I KNOW that at 240 lbs, I'm burning way more than that.

That HRM has to be my next big purchase.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Question for you guys; I'm a little lady, 5' 2" and 168 lbs... It told me I only burned 120 cals, is that right? I assumed it was but maybe I'm wrong...
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Sign me up Haley. I finished Day 3 Week 1 today.

As to the calorie burn, let me just say whatever it costs to buy a heart rate monitor, it's worth it. Save your pennies... we seek truth in numbers. :)
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about being hot outdoors. I live in AZ and this month and the next three we have 100+ days...lol weeks even. I'm working the treadmill till I can get outside. It all helps! :)

If you need a friend you can add me.
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    This is my second go round doing C25K. I did it last year and then when winter set in I couldn't find time to keep going.

I used podcasts from DJBeatsmith last time and really liked it. Here's a link http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html

Just finished W2D1. Feel free to add me as a friend.

A group like this was the reason I made it last time, so I've very excited about the Firerunners!! Thanks HaleyAllie!!
  • bethany7687
    bethany7687 Posts: 44
    Options
    Completed w1d2 tonite. 16 minute mile. Coming back against the wind was tough but I was very surprised when my phone said '1 minute left" felt like I had just started. Legs and bum feel worked over but I like that feeling. I'm really excited about this. And 3 cheer to Haley for all her hard work.
    Bethany
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Will be doing W1D1 for the 3rd time tomorrow hopefully I will be able to get through it w/o struggling this week. Wish me luck !!
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    Way to go everyone! I think we got off to a good start! I'm about to update the first post with all the names...

ETA: ARGH, it won't let me update the first post!! ME NOT HAPPY!!

Sheesh, I'll just post them here then, lol :tongue:

HaleyAlli
    Katrob9
    Teebeegeebee
    StephanieDuckie
    KaeChelle
    Heathermrls
    Bethany7687
    OkieWorkout
    Mamato3inca
    Htuzzi324
    NDBee
    Breezey77
    Teemo
    Zelsawaf
    FierceFeline
    Skinnymeinaz
    Krostron
    Leslielove
    Cartina21
    Lynenz
    Nuttylou
    Purple1butterfly
    Margot18904
    JosieMars
    Ljc1057
    Utgirl1172
    Frida001
    Katmela
    Sarean
    Susuzz
    Daniedee81
    Wildmustng87
    Sim987
    X_sotonguetied
    Tatiana_13
    Chaparra81
    Allimax2002
    DEgal99
    Cjw6
    Leanz
    123nikki123
    Makers72
    Nessaanne86
    Breannk
    Angiemcgovern
    Fesse
    Kimnaaron4ever
    Breezymom81
    Kmarker8245
    Alisonlburrel
    Laulauwanwawa
    Cyndi146
    Alygoo615
    Cobylea
    Beesknees123
    Chika1978
    Jaybug77
    Slimrb2011
    Hgellings
    4milesat40
    Daisy71
    Tarah38
    Yary
    Vmarie20
    Jala9656
    NickyJones
    Pixietoes
    CeejayGee
  • Zelsawaf
    Zelsawaf Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Got through round one. Tougher than I thought it would be, but might be because it was the second workout of the day. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow, but the workout burn feel good tonight!
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Question for you guys; I'm a little lady, 5' 2" and 168 lbs... It told me I only burned 120 cals, is that right? I assumed it was but maybe I'm wrong...

I would think ut should be more, I am 5'2", 196 and my HRM clocked in at 403, I dont think that 30 lbs would burn that much
  • HaleyAlli
    Options

I would think ut should be more, I am 5'2", 196 and my HRM clocked in at 403, I dont think that 30 lbs would burn that much

Yeah whenever I run or walk I always get these insanely low numbers... I guess I really do need a HRM. I don't really have $30 to fork out at the moment though :grumble:
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I just happened to start C25K today, so I'd love to join the group!

I use an app for my iPhone, which I found motivating b/c halfway through I sorta felt like stopping but then I remembered that if I completed it then it would post to Facebook and I'd get encouragement from all my FB friends. So, that kept me going. Now this can keep me going!

When does runner's high kick in? LOL