LOST 191 LBS (PHOTOS) – SUCCESS AFTER 999 FAILURES

Options

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I really love the pics of the pants one on top of the other - so dramatic and illustrative!
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    You have moved the mountain and come out victorious! Congratulations and thank you for the inspiring words and especially pictures.
  • morgo20
    morgo20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    How many calories did you eat a day? and what types of exercise did you do?
  • delisa8411
    delisa8411 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hard work, dedication; dedication hard work. You did it and you are amazing!
  • Sarahh042614
    Sarahh042614 Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wow, you really look fantastic! Great job!!! Also, those meals look really tasty!!
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. Anyone seeking inspiration look no further! What an absolutely incredible transformation!
  • SunShineBeastess
    SunShineBeastess Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on gaining back your life. You have achieved so much more than just weight loss...the mental piece that you were able to manage and work thru will serve you a lifetime. Thank you for sharing and the food pics are AMAZING...open a restaurant, especially for breakfast options.
  • StaticNomad
    Options
    This is so inspiring and amazing. It made me a little teary eyed, because I've started and failed 999 times too. I'm trying again, and really pushing myself to do my best. I'm upping the antes here because I've lived in a 350sqft space for the past 7 years now, and had (literally) no where to go in such a tiny place. We're a one car family, and when gas was so high, before my husband's new job, we were just barely managing to go from check to check. Now, he has a better job, we're moving to a 1467sqft house in under 20 days, and I'm going to the gym three times a week, swimming and doing water aerobics (I have RA and need low impact - no walking/running stuff). I watch my food intake, and tailored my calories daily to match ME, using recommended charts that go off of my daily activity level, my height, my weight, and what I want (1 lbs per week). I think, once I get into a bigger place, and I can move more, clean, exercise, garden, etc... I will excel so much more than before. But, right now... I'm doing my best with what I've got. :) Thank you for sharing your success. It helps people like me to look to the future with hope.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Amazing, Awesome, Wow, Inspirational. You have accomplished what we all are trying to achieve. Seeing your pictures gives me hope that i too can to this. Thank you for sharing your story, your journey and for inspiring all of us to keep going for the ending that we all are looking for. You are A true Inspiration. I thank you.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspirational..thanks for giving me hope that I can do this after all my 999 times!
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Amazing job my friend! I can't imagine how great you must feel!
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    WOW at your weight loss and YUM at your meals!! You and your meals look amazing! Do you have a chef/ culinary background or did you develop this interest as a way to eat delicious food that is low in calories? How many total calories did you allow yourself each day?
  • TerrJohns
    TerrJohns Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Thank you so much for sharing.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    WOW-amazing work!
  • Imanapeman
    Imanapeman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    LOST 191 LBS (PHOTOS) – SUCCESS AFTER 999 FAILURES

Today, I am within 2 pounds of my final weight loss goal. I have lost 191 POUNDS!

I already have started planning my maintenance, strength training and toning for 2015. I know my weight will fluctuate a bit, as I add some muscle and my body adjusts etc. That was always (and remains) a part of my plan.

If I can paraphrase Scarlett in “Gone with the Wind” – “As God is my witness, as God is my witness [my weight is] not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be [morbidly obese] again… As God is my witness, I'll never be [morbidly obese] again.”

November 2013 – I tipped the scales at 405!

Today – I am 214!

Like many people I had and/or still have several medical issues in addition to morbid obesity….heart issues, apnea, arthritis and more. I take or have taken dozens of medications like amiodarone, methotrexate, beta-blockers etc. Blah Blah Blah. Everyone has problems and I only list this as a tiny glimpse of my overall status.

With regards to morbid obesity in 2013, I felt beaten. I had been on every diet imaginable and was just plain sick and tired of “doing battle.” In the past, I had managed to lose “some weight” for a short period of time, but failed in the end. I had two different cardiologists and other medical professionals recommend diet plans, bariatric surgery etc.

In the summer of 2013, a friend mentioned a couple calorie-counting apps, including MFP. I made a mental note, but did nothing. In November of 2013, I was back trying to lose a few pounds. I lost 7 pounds quickly. It was at that time, I took a peek at the apps.

I do best when I set a “start date” for any task / challenge. I decided 12/1/13 would be Day #1 of my calorie-counting journey.

The delay was NOT about a last opportunity to “pig out” but taking time to prepare. I knew I would be setting an aggressive daily calorie target and it would be imperative that I stay well-nourished with a balance of nutrients, fiber & protein. I had a master’s degree in health services management and felt I knew enough to overhaul my lifestyle and diet.

This time was going to be different. I was going to design a plan for ME! A plan that would not be one-size-fits-all (be it food or exercise). It may sound like I was full of confidence, but in the recesses of my mind – I had small doubts because of past failures. Time and actions would remove that doubt.

In the near future, I will expand on the details of my trek to a more healthy weight and lifestyle. It’s a long story as you can imagine.

Today, a relative asked about before/after photos and my status – so I figured why not share my success today.

I will say this – My Fitness Pal works!

Comparison%202%20Final_zpslcpvynhn.jpg

Comparison%201%20Final_zpsdlkf7t1v.jpg

Comparison%203%20Final_zpsrsvbsrlr.jpg

Wow man, how amazing. Great job. You are a complete and total inspiration, and may you have a long life with your health.
  • eangelini74
    eangelini74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very impressive work on your journey hopefully it will inspire others. Congratulations.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I'M SO happy for you! fantastic ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tbfeathers
    tbfeathers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are so encouraging.
    Today is my first day with My fitness pal
    I hope I can have your success
  • snickers6486
    snickers6486 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, a great inspiration for us all.
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, you must be a chef, too! Those meals look awesome! I know you must be so proud of your weight loss, as anyone would be. Thank you for sharing your story, you look amazing! My highest weight ever was also 405, but that was several years ago. I have been in the 300s now for many years. But the twos are coming, And I can hardly wait. Do you have any specific advice for those of us in the 3's? You can message me if you'd like. From a lifetime of dieting, I think it's finally proven that low fat is NOT the key; rather, we eat way too many carbs. So I'm trying to limit my carbs, and get used to that. I'm eating "only" healthy carbs, when possible. . . although some folks might not agree with my definition of healthy! ha
    Anyway, HUGE congratulations to you. I wish I had been on here when you were losing. It would have been fun to lose alongside you. Take care!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!