Online Dating

Options

Replies

• paul85027
    paul85027 Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    A guy wanted to touch himself? What is with guys that love doing that?!

If only women who were interested in watching guys do that would simply send a message to the poster asking for his Skype ID to work that out privately!

I'm sure those guys posting about the subject would just share their Skype ID gladly! Just sayin'
  • heathbilly
    heathbilly Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i think i might give the online thing a try
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    I met a girl once at a pool hall. About an hour in I went to get us some food and beer at the restaurant that was there. When I came back she was talking to another dude, and then he started playing pool with her. They then started to get flirty etc... They were so into each other, I just ended up leaving. I'm fine with it, because we didn't really have chemistry. And I would never want to be with someone that disrespectful...

Wow that sucks. You did the right thing by just leaving though. Could see myself getting way too PO if that happened to me.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I was once messaged on OKCupid

I was on OKcupid when they started. The forums there were a meat locker, but they put the nix on that after a few years. Doesn't surprise me, the pervy request.

• LuvPosh
    LuvPosh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    All of them, it usually starts with arriving and a male has yet again over estimated their height!
  • Arliah wrote: »
    Met with a lawyer for dinner once, and he seemed really nice at first but then I found out that he was extremely racist and that the main reason he wanted to date me was because I am "the perfect German" (aka blonde and blue eyes). Ugh ... yeah ... no thanks.

I dated a German girl once, she was extremely racist. She actually said the "n" word on the date.

This is exactly why, I post my deal breakers; on my dating profiles as well!
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Well I'm trying the online dating right now and yeah....not so good. Just got a message from one guy to call him ASAP and another I replied too did pretty much the same thing. if you want my number or your giving me yours right off the bat then my creepers alarms are going off

• Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Just over a year ago I came out of a 15 year relationship, pretty messy end, but have recently signed up to match.com as really don't have the time at the moment to go out and meet someone the old fashioned way.

However, not really having spent much time on the app as yet, I either come across as really dull, possible too short lol, and maybe to some I am a hippocrocadillapig, hopefully not, but I have yet to have received a single message.

I have wondered if it is really the man's responsibility to contact the women he is interested it, but as I am new to this, each time I start a message, I fall flat after the obligatory hey, came across your profile...

I then delete the message and give up lol. So, at the moment online dating isn't working for me, but maybe I will be able to update this once I work out a witty opener relating to the profiles in question and hopefully lead to some conversations at least.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    So many interesting stories.
  • kayleighalford9
    kayleighalford9 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Before I start I am now married but not to the guy from the date Lol. I went on a date with a guy who seemed very lovely and rather normal. Got a bit heated later at his place and he asks if I would pee on him......hmmmm each to their own but I was out of there in a flash..Taxi!!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Never met anyone on an on-line dating site. Mainly because, when I was single, there was no such thing.

I think the only reason they are necessary now is because it's hard to make eye contact with a real live human being when your head is always looking down at a cell phone.

If you put your cell phone down and log off your computer and go out in the real world, you might be surprised at how many real people are available. To increase your chances of finding someone compatible, just enjoy life and do those things that you enjoy doing. When you meet someone that is engaged in the same activities as you, you've already got one thing in common.

I know you'll just tag me as some old dinosaur with archaic notions, but I don't care. I found my love. Been together over a quarter of a century and we've still never texted each other.

Meeting people in person doing stuff you love - is great. But...I admit to liking online dating because it basically allows you to gracefully filter out people. I love random conversations with strangers and meet people all the time. But sometimes...you have that awkward moment an hour or so into a conversation (or less) when they say something that makes you inwardly think 'look away, look away, look away'. That is much less prevalent with online dating, because you filtered out most of those gentlemen.

I think online dating is just more opportunity to meet someone special.

Online dating just increases your opportunity to meet the 'right person'. You might be lucky enough to meet someone at your local coffee shop that you can connect with, but online dating allows you to talk to someone who hangs out in a coffee shop across town that you would not normally meet.

I get it. I just believe that, more often than not, the person you meet on line is the profile of a person that that person wants to be or that they believe is someone others would want to be with.

I am so happy that I have found my wife. If I were single, I probably couldn't get a date.

• JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Oh the racist thing reminds me of another horrible date. We met at a park to have a picnic. We were sitting at some park tables and there was a man and a woman sitting at the table behind us. They were African American which I don't care, but the guy I was with (who was from Lebanon and going to college in this town) looks at me and says, "don't you think black people are really racist?" He said it loud enough for them to hear too. I am completely mortified and told him well every race has racist people in it but I don't think them as a whole are racists. But he kept insisting that they all were. Then he grabs me and starts kissing me. It was the worst kiss in the history of Man. My chin and cheeks were soaking wet from his spit. There was more of his spit than mine in my mouth and he started to suck so hard on my face I thought he was going to suck my face off my skull. While doing this, he is grabbing my boobs. I pull his hand off, pry my face from his mouth, and tell him to stop touching my boobs. He tells me he likes them. DON'T CARE. Then he apologizes and we sit there for a little bit. Then he grabs me again and it starts all over. So I put him in a wrist lock told him the date was over and start to get up to leave. He then tells me that I have to come up with the next idea for the next date since it's my turn. Yeah that didn't happen.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    Oh the racist thing reminds me of another horrible date. We met at a park to have a picnic. We were sitting at some park tables and there was a man and a woman sitting at the table behind us. They were African American which I don't care, but the guy I was with (who was from Lebanon and going to college in this town) looks at me and says, "don't you think black people are really racist?" He said it loud enough for them to hear too. I am completely mortified and told him well every race has racist people in it but I don't think them as a whole are racists. But he kept insisting that they all were. Then he grabs me and starts kissing me. It was the worst kiss in the history of Man. My chin and cheeks were soaking wet from his spit. There was more of his spit than mine in my mouth and he started to suck so hard on my face I thought he was going to suck my face off my skull. While doing this, he is grabbing my boobs. I pull his hand off, pry my face from his mouth, and tell him to stop touching my boobs. He tells me he likes them. DON'T CARE. Then he apologizes and we sit there for a little bit. Then he grabs me again and it starts all over. So I put him in a wrist lock told him the date was over and start to get up to leave. He then tells me that I have to come up with the next idea for the next date since it's my turn. Yeah that didn't happen.

Being an idiot does not discriminate. There all over. I'm trying to picture this date though being the gender switched.

• barry1992
    barry1992 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I met a wonderful , normal , warm , funny , cheeky , sexy lady on line. Then blew it cos I felt too far away from home. Sad really
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    what da hell
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »

I HATE when guys do that...it's like they're entitled to you.

That reminds me of a similar experience just recently. First, the dumbass lied about his age. He's really 4 years younger than me instead of 1 (didn't figure that out until after though). And then, without even asking, he starts going for the shirt. Granted, he was hot so I let it get a little further than I should have...but then he was insisting I wanted to have sex with him. I said no I don't know how many times, but apparently he didn't realize that some girls really do mean what they say. At one point, I was a little bit worried that I didn't really have a choice, but he wasn't that much of a douche bag thank God.

Yeah, needless to say, that's why I carry my knife with me everywhere. And why I still need to get my carry permit.
  • heathbilly
    heathbilly Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    lol some damn , these are some horrible stories.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    amunet07 wrote: »
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    So I have been on almost every single dating website that has ever been created. The ones that are free, the ones that you pay for, the ones that are literally just for hook ups (POF and Tinder) and ones that seem could potentially be for long term (Match) and I seem to find the exact same thing: guys talk to you for about 2 minutes and then it's, can I have your number, can I have your e-mail address, etc. I'm sorry, but I am not giving you my number after exchanging 3 messages (literally 3, over the course of 10 minutes) with you.
    The best though are the guys who jump straight into sexual conversations (POF and Tinder are the best examples, which in my defense, I didn't really know too much about them at first, so I didn't know that's what they were all about), and want nothing more than a hook up.
    I had one guy who told me I had beautiful eyes and a great profile and that I was the type of girl he was looking for (this was on Match.com) and literally within 2 days of e-mailing back and forth, asked me if I liked a guy going down on me and when were we going to have sex.

REALLY??? That conversation was quickly ended and deleted.

wow, I didn't know POF was just for hook ups.

I don't think it's necessarily just for hook ups, but I've found the majority of people on there are just looking for that.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    heathbilly wrote: »
    lol some damn , these are some horrible stories.

Yeah, but I have heard some good ones. I only know 1 person that has had good luck, but you never know until you go out there and try.

I just get frustrated at the amount of people I message and then don't get a response back. I actually spend time reading the profiles and message with something related to that...for example, found a guy a few days ago, good looking, seems nice, we "match" and he spent two weeks in Italy last year, posted pictures, talked about how he loved to travel, etc. I lived in Italy for four years, so I messaged him about what a beautiful country it was, how I liked some of his pics from the trip (I swear, it wasn't creepy), asked what country he wanted to travel to next, etc. Not one comment back.

Frustrating.
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Reading through some of these is scary. I'm so glad I have been able to avoid the online dating scene. I have friends with terrible horror stories as well.