Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    32daisies wrote: »
    megsb1991 wrote: »
    I stand on the scales completely and utterly starkers. You never know, my clothing could be suppperrr heavy. I also once tried to tye my hair up to see if it made a difference....
    )

Same here.. right out of bed, after using the bathroom, no clothes, before eating or drinking anything.

Doesn't everybody? ;)

I know I do. I mean, sheesh, even a half a pound of clothes is a half a pound I don't want to see added on there. ;)

I take off my watch.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I went to a greek banquet last night, ate ALL the food, drank 2 bottles of wine over the course of the evening, and am too seedy to go for my lunchtime run (plus it's going to be 36 degrees (that's 97 for you fahrenheit folks)) because I'm afraid I'll puke.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I consumed an entire jar of pickles today. by myself. My coworkers think I'm disgusting.

Pickles are delicious! Your coworkers are nuts.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I went to a greek banquet last night, ate ALL the food, drank 2 bottles of wine over the course of the evening, and am too seedy to go for my lunchtime run (plus it's going to be 36 degrees (that's 97 for you fahrenheit folks)) because I'm afraid I'll puke.

Totally jealous of your 36C, as it was 36F here today.

Confession: I totally use the cold as an excuse not to go to the gym, claiming I'll work out at home instead, but rarely do for more than 15 minutes.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I eat two squares of a Lindt or Ghiardelli dark chocolate bar every day and I don't log it.
  • cjhanich
    cjhanich Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Confession: I told my husband not to get me candy for Valentines Day. Not because I don't want to waste calories, but because I'd rather waste them on 5 Guys Burgers and Fries.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    I was a smoker. I quit 3.5 years ago and felt like I voluntarily left the cool kid club. Now I'm losing weight and feel like I'm voluntarily quitting the fat kid club. But I don't know how to join the fit kid club. I feel like I'm out here doing it by myself. I hate that I need to feel like a part of the ________ kid club. And I'm too old for the Mouseketeers!

Fake it till you make it!!!!
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I consumed an entire jar of pickles today. by myself. My coworkers think I'm disgusting.

I think pickles are calorie free. The pickle I logged here a while back had no calories!! You're fine!

I weigh myself naked. If I wore a watch I would take it off. And I think I'm the only one on the planet who weighs themselves in the evening - I like to know the worst case scenario! And I weigh myself every day... Sometimes more than once! Obsess much?

• schonton
    schonton Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i don't change my food logged even if I don't finish the meal.

i never log all the crystal light I drink or gum that i chew.

I will not workout if I don't have gum or headphones and because of this i have both in my gym locker.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    I use a food scale for some things and measuring cups/spoons for others. If it's easily measurable in a cup or spoon, I do it that way. I don't cram it all into a cup though. I think that's where people tend to go wrong.

I don't really get the appeal of HRMs and other activity trackers. I'm not confident that they are more accurate than the calculators I can find online. It's all estimates and only time and experimenting is going to help you figure out your real maintenance calories, etc.

Well heart rate monitors count your heartbeats to see how hard you're working out, so it's more accurate than random average calorie burns you can find online.
    There are a lot of people on MFP who are recent converts to the religion of being healthy and do things that aren't viable long term, like not counting all purposeful exercise or insisting that every gram of food that goes into their mouths is weighed and catalogued. I get it, really I do. Recent converts to any faith tend to be the most zealous. But I want to shake them and say "if you want to stay healthy, you have to have a plan you can follow THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Chill out before you burn out." It wouldn't do any good, so I don't. . .

Weighing is different though. Even if you only do it for a week, you will probably learn a lot during that week, so it's definitely worth it IMO even if it's just to learn more about portion sizes. But I have no problem weighing things at home for the rest of my life. It doesn't take any time, and if I'm going to log anyway, I'd rather just eat more than overestimating the calories of what I'm eating.
    Confession - I gave blood today, and am going to use that as an excuse to eat more calories.

Confession - I got way upset when I found out that I'll never be allowed to give blood in the US because I was in France during the mad cow disease outbreak in the 90s.

Confession - I was relieved when I found I can't give blood b/c I lived in the UK as a kid in the early 80s. I want to help, but hate having blood drawn for any reason.

• Alatariel75
    Options
    rosiorama wrote: »

I think pickles are calorie free. The pickle I logged here a while back had no calories!! You're fine!

I weigh myself naked. If I wore a watch I would take it off. And I think I'm the only one on the planet who weighs themselves in the evening - I like to know the worst case scenario! And I weigh myself every day... Sometimes more than once! Obsess much?

Pickles are not calorie free. The FDA mandates that if a "serve" of something is under 5 calories, they are allowed to round down to 0 on the label. So a serve of pickles is listed as half a pickle, and they list them as 0, but there is nothing in the pickling process that removes the calories of a cucumber. They are very very LOW calorie, but definitely not calorie free.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Confession:
    After reading about the commando go-ers at the gym....I tried it! And, drum roll, no panty lines, no bunching, consider me converted!

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people on MFP who are recent converts to the religion of being healthy and do things that aren't viable long term, like not counting all purposeful exercise or insisting that every gram of food that goes into their mouths is weighed and catalogued. I get it, really I do. Recent converts to any faith tend to be the most zealous. But I want to shake them and say "if you want to stay healthy, you have to have a plan you can follow THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Chill out before you burn out." It wouldn't do any good, so I don't. . .

Yep. I draw the line at weighing my olive oil, something that many suggested was necessary in a recent thread. Measuring is perfectly fine, especially since I tend to be short on fats anyhow.
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If I know I'm going over my calories, I don't log it

Same here. I hate seeing the calories in red. I just start fresh the next day.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Oh, I don't log alcohol calories. Because I hate seeing how in the red they make me, and how much I drank.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, when I want a midnight snack... or meal, I log it as the next day which is nothing new. I've been doing this since the beginning, the difference now is that some time around noon or so the next day that midnight snack/meal time travels to yesterday's food log so that I can have more food on the present day.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    I use a food scale for some things and measuring cups/spoons for others. If it's easily measurable in a cup or spoon, I do it that way. I don't cram it all into a cup though. I think that's where people tend to go wrong.

I don't really get the appeal of HRMs and other activity trackers. I'm not confident that they are more accurate than the calculators I can find online. It's all estimates and only time and experimenting is going to help you figure out your real maintenance calories, etc.

Well heart rate monitors count your heartbeats to see how hard you're working out, so it's more accurate than random average calorie burns you can find online.

Except HR isn't directly related to calories burned. It is an estimate, just like anything else. In *some* cases, like steady state moderate intensity cardio, it may be a little more accurate. But then again, most of the activities it is useful for are also well researched and plain old activity tables are pretty good estimates for those activities too.

• EdnosButterfly
    Options
    If I binge on something I really love to eat, like popcorn/pizza/Smarties/Sour Jacks/bagel bites.
    I don't record it on my log for the day.

Or I'll add a few minutes more of an exercise, if I'm a few calories from the green.

Lol, now this sounds horrible.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    megsb1991 wrote: »
    I stand on the scales completely and utterly starkers. You never know, my clothing could be suppperrr heavy. I also once tried to tye my hair up to see if it made a difference....
    )

Same here.. right out of bed, after using the bathroom, no clothes, before eating or drinking anything.

Ditto
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

It so is! I was really in denial about pita bread, of all things! O.o I logged a big ole pita as like 80 calories because I just couldn't believe that a flat piece of bread could be so many calories... And when I finally got a food scale and faced the facts... It was 300 calories! ;)[/quote]

Oh, pita. How I wish I could quit you. Seriously, and I don't even like the lower-cal kind of pitas, I like the nice doughy ones. With hummus. If it's hummus, it's healthy, right?

[/quote]

I gained 20 lbs eating hummus