How much weight have you lost?

Options

Replies

• hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So far since Dec 22 I have lost 27 lbs! :)
  • ninayoungdog617
    ninayoungdog617 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Started 11/22/2014 at 212 pounds. Today I'm 176. Goal set for 168. I'm 5'10 female. Doing 1200 calories a day, exercise 5 days a week. Lots of cardio and light weights for toning. Oh did I mention I'm 55? I feel amazing now. Post menopause, ladies there is life after menopause.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    19 down since I started this journey seriously, gosh-knows-how-many to go.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've lost 21.5 lbs since 9/4/14. Just 2.2 lbs to go until I reach my goal weight!
  • CaoimheMariexo
    CaoimheMariexo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love hearing other peoples weightloss stories it is such amazing motivation.
    How much weight did you lose? How long did it take you? What did you do to lose it?
    Feel free to post pictures :-)

Have lost about 50lbs since January 2014
    c76dsh37468c.jpg

njhxgnyb51w7.jpg
    yq746jy1jldf.jpg

Amazing job!!
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    So here's mine. Started almost exactly 13 months ago went hard with diet and exercise for 5 months, then lightened up on the calorie deficit and started stronglifts 5x5 for the next 6 months. Around October, I stopped logging food and focused on my weight training getting my squat-405/bench-245/dead-405. Started logging again January 1st and am already lower than what I was at my lowest last year. Shooting for another 15-20 lbs again before May. I also ran, biked, played on a soccer team, kickball team and volleyball team. I try to stay busy.
    s9t0em9eos29.png
    n9xj5cz8i5qw.png
    nciqo25u3w2o.png
    bj8e93ezwuzs.jpg
    rtz9pdmlwt01.jpg
  • Mandea0321
    Mandea0321 Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've lost 53lbs so far. I have at least 35lbs to go. I would like to lose more than that if it is possible, but I will be happy with 35lbs. Hopefully these photos work, I'm not good at uploading photos yet lol
    4x5eccgczhzq.jpg
    The picture in the blueish/green sweater was a before picture. nss84bz294vr.jpg

and to lose the weight all I've been doing is counting calories because I am on medical restrictions for working out because of my heart.
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I lost ten pounds so far. im loosing really slowly. These posts give me hope that I can loose more! you all look FANTASTIC.
  • CaoimheMariexo
    Options
    JBcat123 wrote: »
    I lost ten pounds so far. im loosing really slowly. These posts give me hope that I can loose more! you all look FANTASTIC.

Ofcourse you can, goodluck girl!
  • marmatune
    marmatune Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lost 26 pounds since last year... at 144 now with 14 more to go.
  • ClairePear14
    Options
    I've lost 74lbs!!
    I used to weigh 224 lbs and now I'm 150lbs :)
    I did lose 100lbs before, but I ended up putting half of that back on.
    It's taken about 3-4 years. On and off :smile:
  • mattnics
    mattnics Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Lost 100lbs in 10 months, but it was about 5 years ago. Since then I've maintained the 100lb lost and and my lowest weight, was 110lbs lighter than I was at the beginning of 2009. I'm fairly new here so hopefully get some pictures soon, but that was just changing my diet and doing light exercise the first 3-4 months (walking) and then eventually jogging, biking, and at the very end of it strength training.
  • mattnics
    Options
    No edit feature but anyway - 6kns75ojnr86.jpg
    0nrhq3020tg6.jpg

About a 2 year age gap here in pictures (and still not recent ones), but yeah lost the 100lbs in the first 10 months of 2009.
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have lost 73lbs since last April. Eating at a deficit and working out. No fancy wraps, pills, or detox drinks. I could have lost more, but I love my Friday nights beer, and when I started working it's been harder to focus on weight loss. I still have about 18lbs I would like to lose. Started at 245 and am now at 172.xs7cfu7khzbg.jpg
  • CaoimheMariexo
    edited February 2015
    Options
    mattnics wrote: »
    No edit feature but anyway - 6kns75ojnr86.jpg
    0nrhq3020tg6.jpg

About a 2 year age gap here in pictures (and still not recent ones), but yeah lost the 100lbs in the first 10 months of 2009.

Amazing!! If you dont mind me asking, what did you do to lose 100lbs?!
  • jmblack964
    jmblack964 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    BioQueen wrote: »
    Everyone has done so great! I have lost 38 pounds total. I started at 'obese' when I was 181 (I was right on the line between obese and overweight) and I am now at a healthy weight at 143. I am trying to get down to 120-125 :) I can't wait until I can post a before and after lol.

Hiya, I was 181lbs on Jan 1st 2015 and at 5'5" that put me at just 'obese' (BMI 30.2)....quite a shock!!! Am down to 167lbs now and aiming for 140lbs or less. How long did it take you to go from 181 to 143?

By the way, my skinniest adult weight (at age 28, I'm 42 now) was 124lbs....which was tiny on my 5'5" medium frame. I don't think I'll ever get back there (what looks good on a 20-something can look aging on a 40-something) but I'll see how I feel at 140lbs as to whether to go lower.

Good Luck with your goal!!!

• jmblack964
    jmblack964 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just curious how many calories you are eating a day and how often you are exercising? Your post sounds just like me! That's an awesome amount of weight to lose!!! Great job!
  • Motivated1989
    Motivated1989 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've lost 70 lbs so far, I made a promise to myself to start losing weight January 2014 - in which I had only lost 10 lbs by July 2014. I became extremely committed to it in October 2014 and have seen a lot of changes which I am so proud of. I currently have 49 lbs to go to my first weight goal of 175. Once I reach that goal I will continue my new lifestyle and see where that leads me!
  • mattnics
    Options
    Amazing!! If you dont mind me asking, what did you do to lose 100lbs?!

I started off blind, not doing any research and just doing what I though was healthy. I would make huge cooked vegetable blends, most of which were disgusting because again I was clueless, and I started working out with a wii fit that I gave my sister that Christmas ( I started my diet in January).

Trying to speed the story up...I made sure I did the wii fit every day, nothing to intense but a lot of jogging in place, and I started doing a lot of walking outside. I eventually gave up on fresh and expensive food and ate a lot of lean cuisines in the house and a lot of chicken salads/wraps outside of the house.

The single biggest and simplest steps I took to lose a large amount of weight from the get go were three things. I made sure to walk at least 1 mile a day, I forced myself to stay under 1800 calories of healthy-ish food, and I NEVER ate after 6pm. It was unbearable some nights and I'm still not sure how I didn't binge as I'm someone that stays up until at least midnight, but it was a miracle worker.

I ended up using my neighbors treadmill and started jogging occasionally as well as going on my walk, and down the road I started jogging outside at night (not a fan of watching eyes). I also ended up pulling my bike out of the basement and got big into biking; it was a lot less embarrassing for someone of my size and I didn't get winded as easily.

Over time my stomach shrank on its own. I could go a day eating a lean cuisine, a couple snack bars, and then a salad for dinner or healthy out to eat choices like a couple fresco tacos or grilled chicken snack wraps.

7 months into it I was down from 265 to 180 and I was afraid of flabby skin. I had already occasionally done some push-ups, sit-ups, and whatever the wii fit had to offer but nothing too serious. I started p90x (hardest thing I've ever done being out of shape and my body probably severely lacking proper calories) and went all the way 90 days ending at 165lbs with some obvious muscle definition in my arms and legs. That was the bulk of what I went through to do it "the right way" before considering surgery which thankfully I avoided.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I lost 160 pounds to reach my goal weight of 130. I have been maintaining for 15 months.
    Began MFP in March 2012. Reached goal November 2013.

I agree with ninayoungdog's comment about the age myth, I started at age 60 and I am 63 now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!